“Awesome stay in Thamel”

Ranked #2 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Shanghai, China
“Awesome stay in Thamel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Coming from a stressful trip from Tibet this Hotel offered great relaxation. The hotel staff is really friendly and helped us organize our complete trip in Nepal. The restaurant also offers fresh, delicious food for reasonable prices. Very good experience!

Room Tip: Choose deluxe room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PatrickG463
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Patrick

we very much like to thank you for your time to write review of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. We always try our best for our clients stay homely, comfortable, peaceful and safe. We really hope to welcome you again in friend’s home. once again thank you so much. Prabha sapkota and friends home family kathmandu.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

After arriving jet lagged in Kathmandu I was collected from the airport. The hotel staff were fantastic helping me organise my trip to Luckla as I had been let down. Top marks for being efficient and kind. Thank you!
A.Durkan

Room Tip: Higher rooms less noisy. Remember you are in the thick are it all and noise is to be expected.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Adrienne D
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Adrienne
Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel. we always do our best to for our valuable clients stay peaceful, comfortable and memorable. we hope to welcome you again in our hotel. Thank you once again. Prabha and family of hotel friends home.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel and fantastic people. Very clean place, very kind staff, wifi available, worthy to be vidited inside the touristic area of Kathmandu. You Will be always welcome with a smile. Enjoy it!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank huey70
Dear valuable guest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stated here three nights. The room is very comfortable and clean. The air conditioning is a lovely bonus and the kitchen serves delicious food. However, the real reason why this is a 5 star hotel is because of the 5 star quality service. The hotel staff are friendly, professional, and extremely accommodating making you feel comfortable and at ease. In my case, when my plans to travel to a remote region in the west fell through, the staff worked endlessly using all of their resources to help me regroup and find a new solution. They are the best. 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jwampfler
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Valuable guest.
Thank you for a great review you wrote for us. We really happy to know that you had nice stay with us. We will always do our best for our clients who will stay with us in the future, we really hope to welcome you in friends home. once again thank you for your great judgement of hotel Friends home.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am currently staying here as part of a trip to Tibet. The hotel really stands out from other places I have stayed in Nepal. Deluxe room is bright, clean and of good size. Mattress is the most comfortable I have experienced in Nepal (in my opinion better than at the Radisson). Bedding is fresh and clean, as is the bathroom. Air conditioner is near silent which is a great plus for sleep quality. Perhaps the biggest surprise is that the hotel has almost 24 hours of full power supply with a silent generator on the roof - I was not expecting this at 2 star hotel. Also, hot water has been available for every shower. Wifi works well at Nepali standard.

Breakfast and food off the menu is fresh, well prepared and good tasting. The staff are all good and a pleasure to be around. They have created a very special atmosphere that I have not experienced in a hotel anywhere else in Nepal.

I give this hotel 5 stars because the combination of comfort and price makes it really good value. Also because it has a genuine and welcoming atmosphere. I warmly recommend Hotel Friends Home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JNiclas
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

A very wonderful hotel with a very clean environment, VERY friendly staff, delicious, clean and fresh food served in the hotel and a safe place to stay. It is also a very central place in Thamel area where most of the shops, restaurant and the Kathmandu Durbar Square in a walking distance. I once forgot my wallet in my room when going out for a trekking trip. I manage to sent a message to the hotel owner about the incident and he called the hotel staff to take the wallet and put it in the safety box. and that i wont forget!!! me and my friend was only supposed to stay for 3 nights but later book the room for another 2 nights after experiencing the hotel environment for a good and reasonable price. Will surely stay at this hotel when coming back to Nepal!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marthien_more
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Marthine
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel, we really feel happy to know that you had nice stay with us. Thank you for your valuable words to our team. we hope to welcome you and in our hotel. Prabha and friends home team.
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I chose the hotel based on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. I was picked up punctually from the hotel by a free transfer service and the hotel was very central. Surrounded by shops and places to eat and possible to walk to attractions-if you could work out where they were. No signs! The room was kept immaculately clean the whole time I was there and the staff were friendly and helpful. One thing that I especially liked was that I felt really safe. As a single female, I liked that in addition to the lock on the door, there was also a bolt. Without sounding paranoid, there have been a number of times over the years when the door lock just didn't seem enough... Breakfast is simple but a good variety of food that you can just keep helping yourself too. A lovely stay.

My only small complaints would be that the bathroom window in 403 rattled whenever there was the least breeze. And that I did feel a little harassed to book trips as soon as I arrived. I understand that there is huge competition for customers, particularly at the end of the season, but I had just been on an overnight flight and wanted a little down time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo