Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours
Review Highlights
Ghandruk trek, rafting and Chitwan safari

NMMT helped us devise a week's itinerary that accommodated differing family interests - a necessity... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Doctord2420
Mountain View, California
Gokyo Lake trek

We went to Gokyo lakes in March 2019. We booked online with NMMT some months before and Njima and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jacopo999999
Milan, Italy

All reviews ngima dorji sherpa his team village life day trek went smoothly gokyo lakes tea house unforgettable trip kathmandu airport prayer flags many thanks highly recommend this company pikey porter everest peak nepal
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2014

Ngima only had a week to organize treks for my daughter and myself. He came up with well organised treks to Gosaikund- Langtang and Annapurna Base Camp which we thoroughly enjoyed. The destinations matched our capabilities perfectly. There were no hitches and we enjoyed Ngimas personal touch of airport and round town pickups, briefings and sight-seeing.
Looking forward to my next trek with NMMT.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank johnH2108JT
nepalmyths, Manager at Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2015

Namaste from Nepal !!

Thank you very much for your warm words and appreciation to our services. We are immensely happy that you are very much satisfied with your trip with us. We hope to welcome you very soon for your next trip to Nepal.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2014

Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails (NMMT) was the company we found in the internet site for our trip to Nepal and EBC trek in October 2014. Our group of 9 persons were from the Malaysian group comprising Malaysians,American and Australians. We were very well received on our arrival in Kathmandu and Mr.Ngima the owner of NMMT was very helpful. He made sure that we were all well taken care of with detailed explanation of trekking gears necessary as well as emergency evacuation up in the mountains. One of our member was struck with altitude sickness and was airlifted by helicopter to Kathmandu hospital with the prompt arrangement by Mr.Ngima and his brother Mr.Sunam who was with us throughout the trek. The guides like Sange, Pasang, Nuru and Sunam and the sherpa in charge of the yaks were all very friendly,helpful and experienced. My wife and I really had a wonderful and unforgettable time and experience EBC trek and this cannot be realized without the expert and professional guidance offered by NMMT. We would like to thank NMMT Mr.Ngima,Mr.Sunam, Mr.Sange , Mr.Pasang and all who had provided for the success of this trip. We would also not hesitate to recommend NMMT to everyone who wishes to trek in Nepal and of course we will be back to trek with NMMT again when we return to Nepal soon.

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank sing c

Namaste from Nepal !!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful experience of your EBC trip with us. We heartily appreciate your kind recommendation and hope to welcome you soon again in Nepal.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails put together a personalised trip for us - a group of 7 friends coming from Australia and New Zealand. We trekked to Everest Base Camp, then on to Gokyo Lakes for a total of 17 days in September 2014. Absolutely amazing!! The scenery was incredible and we had been very well prepped by NMMT to ensure we had the correct gear etc.

The guides were fantastic and full of knowledge, one had even climbed to the summit of Everest twice!! So we knew we were in good hands :) The teahouses that NMMT deal with were brilliant, and so was the food. A few of us got sick during this trek, with one guy needing to be taken down due to altitude sickness...the guides really knew what to look out for and dealt with those situations very professionally.

With the changeable weather at Lukla airport, flights are often delayed by days. Ngima (the owner of this company) really went out of his way to get us on those first flights of day to give us the best possibility of flying out. This was thoroughly appreciated as our group had a pretty tight time frame to work with!

On a personal note, I was by myself after the trek for another three weeks in Nepal. During this time Ngima made such a great effort to firstly keep in touch to ensure I was safe, and secondly, make me feel so at home in Kathmandu especially. A great friendship has developed out of choosing to trek with NMMT and I'm sure I am not the only one to have experienced his amazing hospitality. I would definitely recommend NMMT to everyone and I will of course be back to trek with them again when I return to Nepal one day :)

Thanks once again Ngima, Tchering, Pasang and Kumar!!

Date of experience: September 2014

Namaste Chelsea !!

Thank you very much for your great words and sharing your experience about your trip to Gokyo Lake and EBC trip. We are very happy that you are fully satisfied with your trip and our services. Also I personally am very happy to be your friend. Thanks a lot for recommending our organization and we hope to see you very soon again in Nepal for your next trip.

Reviewed October 31, 2014

I had a fantastic experience trekking with Ngima and his team. Very good value for money, treks can be altered to your needs, Ngima and his team are very accommodating. Everything was well organised. I would strongly recommend any one to trek with his company.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank nicolapele

Namaste from Nepal Myths !!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and appreciating our services. We thank you for recommending our organization and also hope to welcome you soon in forth coming future for your next trip to Nepal.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had never trekked before and Fiji was about the furthest I'd ventured from Oz before I went to Nepal. My friend that I was trekking with was already there, which meant travelling by myself which I was a little anxious about. Turns out there was no need for that. When I had collected my bags and walked out the front of the airport there they were waiting for me, with the biggest smiles I have ever seen. From then until the moment I was back at the airport coming home I was very well looked after. Nothing was a problem and all the staff including the drivers, porter, tour guide, trek guide and Ngima bent over backwards to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had what ever we needed.
We were just in a small group, my friend, our porter, our guide and myself as the dates we had available to trek were very specific. Every step of the way I felt safe and like I didn't need to worry about everything as it was all taken care of. If we were not laughing along the way with our guide and porter then we were learning about the villages or the history of the areas, or we were been encouraged to keep trekking ahead. I never felt rushed or pushed to go beyond my ability, we picked the pace and that's how fast we went. Our guide went out of his way to get us the better rooms at the lodges even though we didn't ask for them. I have told many people about these guys and the experience I had. I highly recommend them and when I go back for the next trek I will definitely be going with them. Such a memorable experience that I will truly never forget that was made so much better by this awesome company :)

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank Ozziesmallfry

Namaste !!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your trip. We highly appreciate your every words towards our services, your recommendation and we are immensely happy to know that you are fully satisfied in your trip. We look forward to see you again in Nepal for your next adventure soon.