Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours
Ranked #126 of 727 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Program: AM: Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara. Upon arrival, we drive to visit Davis Falls. Davis falls : Locally Known as Patale Chhango in the southern flank of the Pokhara valley, where the stream flowing from Phewa Lake collaplses and surges down the rock into a deep gorge, leaping through several potholes. Then we will be visiting Tibetan Refugee Camp. Tibetan Refugee Camp : Tibetan Village Tashiling in the south and Tashii Palkhel in the north of Pokhara valley is the two Tibetan villages which is inhabitant by the Tibetan people who keeps themselves busy by producing and trading woolen carpets and other handicrafts. After wards, we drive to Lakeside to visit Phewa Lake and Barahi Temple. Phewa Lake and Barahi Temple : Situated at an altitude of 800meters above sea level, it is the second largest lake in the Nation. With Barahi island Temple in the middle of the lake it is the most important religious monument in Pokhara. Built almost in the middle of Phewa Lake, this two-storied pagoda is dedicated to the boar manifestation of Ajima, the protector’s deity representing the female force Shakti. The reflection of Mt. Machhapuchhare & Annapurna can be seen in its serene water. Thick forest lies on the adjoining southern slopes of the lake. Spend few hours in Lakeside and go for one hour boating in Phewa Lake. You can do shopping in the market of Lakeside. Then we drive to airport to catch your flight back to Kathmandu.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My family and I had a great experience with Ngima’s attentive service during our first visit to Nepal in March of 2013. So much so that I booked a November 2013 trek to Everest base camp with NMMT as well! Ngima planned everything including transportation, hotel and tours for Kathmandu days, as well as the trek itinerary and lodging along our walk to the mountain. With Pemba as our guide, my trekking friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip from start to finish. The weather was perfect, the views were simply stunning, and Ngima’s attention to all the details made it a fantastic experience that I won’t forget. There’s no shortage of tour companies in Kathmandu, but I cannot imagine it would be possible to find a better one than Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails!

1  Thank LMCIII
There are newer reviews for Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently made a trek from Lukla to Everest Base Camp. A friend had used Ngima Sherpa with NMMT earlier in 2013 for a helicopter tour from Kathmandu to EBC and he had great things to say about the company and Ngima. That was important to me because I needed someone I could trust to keep me safe AND to make the trek as enjoyable as possible. Ngima assigned Pemba Sherpa to be our guide. Together they made this once in a lifetime trip very memorable. Ngima took care of all the logistics and Pemba took care of us on the trail. By the time it was over I felt like Pemba was just as much a friend as he was our guide. I stood at the base of the tallest mountain in the world and saw views and experienced a culture that very few people will ever see. And NMMT, Ngima and Pemba helped to make this happen. I will recommend NMMT to anyone that is considering a trekking trip in the Himalayans.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Once more I associated myself with NMMT (ngima Dorji Sherpa) for Himalayan climbing. Karma Sherpa was our excellent sirdar and mountain-guide.
The conditions were surprisingly challenging for mid-October normally being the post-monsoon period . The cyclone in the Gulf of Benghalen produced 3 days of heavy rain in Langtang and 2 meters of fresh snow above 4200 meters. Yala Peak became a real challenge sinking 'hipdeep' in this snow where no crust had formed. Karma and Dawa Sherpa did wonderful and hard trackmaking. We needed two camps, next to Base camp we fixed our 2 small tents at 5000meter in a high camp. Excellent guiding and alpine techniques they both showed. After the climb Ngima had organized a helicopter retreat to Kathmandu which worked out timely and efficiently.
In short, I can highly recommend both NMMT organization and Karma's good judgement and professionalism.

2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently I was part of a Lions Club project to go to Nepal to install a filtered water system for the Khari khola community in the Annaperna region.
This undertaking was about three years in the planning,getting materials to this remote part of the world and planning how the water scheme would work. This was done by the Lions club members and support personnel.
The distance between New Zealand and Nepal made things challenging to say the least. Nima D Sherpa undertook all the organisation and planning from the Nepal end of the operation and this was a true testament of his ability to get things done.
On our arrival in Nepal Ngima had his team Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails welcome us and they looked after our every need with porters, guides,cooks and a yak team to carry all our supplies from Lukla Airport to Khari Khola
The filtered water project went very smoothly and was completed in our ten day time frame without a hitch.
Locals from the community of Khari Khola worked beside us sharing the challenging task
Socialising with the community during all of this gave me an insight to see what a loving friendly and happy people they are.
When finished,Ngimas team took us on a ten day challenging trek up the Annaperna mountain range to Namche Bazaar then up to Tengboche, Phorste, Khumjung the back down to Lukla airport.
This is a magnificent part of the world with its vista sceneries of snow capped mountains,rivers and valleys,wonderful forests of rhodendrons.magnolias and oaks made this place surreal.
I fully recommend the Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails team for their competant and professional care of our every need.
Will Fleming

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wish to thank Ngima and his team for an awesome trip.We said before we left New Zealand it would be an experieence of a life time and It sure was.
.Ngima team was with us for 23 days and they were just fantastic.They could not do enough for you.We went to Kharikhola to do this clean water project of piping clean water down the hill from a spring to the High School and Community.
Of appoximately 880metres as a Lions Club project, and here is Ngima team digging the trench ,carrying pipe up the steep slope and I mean steep, than filling the trench after we laid the pipe.They were a great great team.
Every morning about 10.am the Kitchen boys would find out where you were working
,than turn up with warm cordial drink.Very nice indeed. It did not matter where you were, they found you..
Having completed this project it gave us real pride and satisfaction of been able to help this village of Kharikhola in some way.
After 10 days of working on the water project we went trekking,
Ngima team was just great ,Team leader set the pace and kept it,.We stopped every hour or so Soema would check the area to make sure we left nothing behind as one stop I left my camera behind.I realised half an hour later, I paniced, I have to go back,and than I saw it around Soema shoulder . I could not thank him enough.The team made sure you were safe at all times,if you laged a little they were beside you to make sure you were ok.
I can not speak highly enough of Nepal Myth & Mountain Trails Pvt Ltd.They really were a great team. I would highly recommend this team for your excursion in Nepal.
A big thank you Ngima, your family and your team of Nepal Myth & Mountain Trails

Bernard G