“Water project and trekking in Nepal”

Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours
Ranked #126 of 727 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Program: AM: Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara. Upon arrival, we drive to visit Davis Falls. Davis falls : Locally Known as Patale Chhango in the southern flank of the Pokhara valley, where the stream flowing from Phewa Lake collaplses and surges down the rock into a deep gorge, leaping through several potholes. Then we will be visiting Tibetan Refugee Camp. Tibetan Refugee Camp : Tibetan Village Tashiling in the south and Tashii Palkhel in the north of Pokhara valley is the two Tibetan villages which is inhabitant by the Tibetan people who keeps themselves busy by producing and trading woolen carpets and other handicrafts. After wards, we drive to Lakeside to visit Phewa Lake and Barahi Temple. Phewa Lake and Barahi Temple : Situated at an altitude of 800meters above sea level, it is the second largest lake in the Nation. With Barahi island Temple in the middle of the lake it is the most important religious monument in Pokhara. Built almost in the middle of Phewa Lake, this two-storied pagoda is dedicated to the boar manifestation of Ajima, the protector’s deity representing the female force Shakti. The reflection of Mt. Machhapuchhare & Annapurna can be seen in its serene water. Thick forest lies on the adjoining southern slopes of the lake. Spend few hours in Lakeside and go for one hour boating in Phewa Lake. You can do shopping in the market of Lakeside. Then we drive to airport to catch your flight back to Kathmandu.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently I was part of a Lions Club project to go to Nepal to install a filtered water system for the Khari khola community in the Annaperna region.
This undertaking was about three years in the planning,getting materials to this remote part of the world and planning how the water scheme would work. This was done by the Lions club members and support personnel.
The distance between New Zealand and Nepal made things challenging to say the least. Nima D Sherpa undertook all the organisation and planning from the Nepal end of the operation and this was a true testament of his ability to get things done.
On our arrival in Nepal Ngima had his team Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails welcome us and they looked after our every need with porters, guides,cooks and a yak team to carry all our supplies from Lukla Airport to Khari Khola
The filtered water project went very smoothly and was completed in our ten day time frame without a hitch.
Locals from the community of Khari Khola worked beside us sharing the challenging task
Socialising with the community during all of this gave me an insight to see what a loving friendly and happy people they are.
When finished,Ngimas team took us on a ten day challenging trek up the Annaperna mountain range to Namche Bazaar then up to Tengboche, Phorste, Khumjung the back down to Lukla airport.
This is a magnificent part of the world with its vista sceneries of snow capped mountains,rivers and valleys,wonderful forests of rhodendrons.magnolias and oaks made this place surreal.
I fully recommend the Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails team for their competant and professional care of our every need.
Will Fleming

There are newer reviews for Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails - Day Tours

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wish to thank Ngima and his team for an awesome trip.We said before we left New Zealand it would be an experieence of a life time and It sure was.
.Ngima team was with us for 23 days and they were just fantastic.They could not do enough for you.We went to Kharikhola to do this clean water project of piping clean water down the hill from a spring to the High School and Community.
Of appoximately 880metres as a Lions Club project, and here is Ngima team digging the trench ,carrying pipe up the steep slope and I mean steep, than filling the trench after we laid the pipe.They were a great great team.
Every morning about 10.am the Kitchen boys would find out where you were working
,than turn up with warm cordial drink.Very nice indeed. It did not matter where you were, they found you..
Having completed this project it gave us real pride and satisfaction of been able to help this village of Kharikhola in some way.
After 10 days of working on the water project we went trekking,
Ngima team was just great ,Team leader set the pace and kept it,.We stopped every hour or so Soema would check the area to make sure we left nothing behind as one stop I left my camera behind.I realised half an hour later, I paniced, I have to go back,and than I saw it around Soema shoulder . I could not thank him enough.The team made sure you were safe at all times,if you laged a little they were beside you to make sure you were ok.
I can not speak highly enough of Nepal Myth & Mountain Trails Pvt Ltd.They really were a great team. I would highly recommend this team for your excursion in Nepal.
A big thank you Ngima, your family and your team of Nepal Myth & Mountain Trails

Bernard G

1  Thank Bernard G
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ngima and his team have huge experience of trekking in Nepal including the famous Mt Everest over many years. 10 of us from Taranaki, New Zealand were involved in a collaborative clean drinking water project for the village of Khari khola sponsored by Lion's International NZ

Ngima was told by Sir Edmond Hilary a long time ago to make sure "you leave your name behind" and he often pondered on what did he mean by that. Over the years he has come to realise it is about doing good works in your local community and always looking out for ways to better the lives of those around you. So he uses his trekking business as a way of achieving these community goals.

We all had a most amazing experience. "Beats a cruise any day". It was a great feeling to be able to help people less fortunate than ourselves.The hospitality, kindness, and the so very happy dispositions of the people despite having so little will never be forgotten! They made it so much fun for us. We were always safe, welcomed warmly, well cared for and looked after by Ngima's family and guides. Differing levels of fitness were catered for. We found them all to be very trustworthy and very honest.

When the school children presented us all with many scarves I became quite emotional. That was such a significant gesture from people who had so little.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Ngima Sherpa's Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails business for anybody visiting Nepal. You would be guaranteed to have a great time and your heart will always been drawn to return to Nepal.

John Stewart (67) New Plymouth, Aotearoa, New Zealand.

2  Thank John S
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the time of my life.....I can't stop talking about it. Ngima and his team AWESOME!!
It was truely was my once in a lifetime adventure. The hospitality they shared with us all during our 23 day stay A++, from the natual beauty of the landscape to the fantastic interaction between Ngima and family and staff, i would highly recommend them. I hope my family can join up with Ngima in Napal one day.Thanks for everything Nepa Myths and Mountain Trails - you rock!

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were collected from the airport and have stayed with Ngima and his Sherpa family and have been had wonderful hospitality. Any information we require Ngima is able to assist with organising Mount Everest flying visit as well as local guides and assistance with further flights within Nepal. Thank you so much and l look forward to returning one day and do some hiking next time. Highly recommend staying with this Sherpa family.

1  Thank Trekker63