“Revolution!!!”

Revolution Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 759 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Revolution Cafe is your home away from home when visiting Kathmandu. We're known for cheap eats, friendly faces, and our galactic menu of options for all. The Cafe is open early and closes late 7 days a week so we'll always be open for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or a late snack. We even deliver to businesses and hotels throughout Thamel! We love what we do and that has made us a favorite among locals and tourists alike. Come on by... We would love to have you!!! P.S. Free Wifi
Madrid
“Revolution!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Really nice this restaurant, due to a month stay in Kathmandu, I have been mostly all days during a month going there and enjoying our breakfast and/or meal, a break in the dal bhat and fried rice :-) you can enjoy continental cuisine in a very nice and quite atmosphere with great staff, aside of the busy Thamel...also good expresso!! Revolution really worthy to experience!

Bandipur, Nepal
“MY MAIN PLACE IN KTM”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The fact that I keep returning to the Revolution shows that I haven't yet found anywhere better. The owner occasionally finds me sitting on the front step (in the company of the large gold dog who likes that spot), awaiting for the shutter to go up so that I can get my early morning coffee. In contrast with its name, the Revolution is calm and relaxed, the food is good quality and well-presented and the service, pleasant and polite.

I do not start a day without my 'fix' of fresh coffee, so that was the original draw to come here - fresh coffee in a big mug at a reasonable price. Having the birds singing in the shrubs dotted around the garden makes it a perfect moment. If I'm alone and have remembered my specs, I can attempt a crossword or Sudoku, which always enhances the moment.

On the three occasions I have dropped by for dinner with friends, we have all had a marvellous meal and a great time.

Sorry to see the two 'terrible' reviews (and perhaps I shouldn't say this as its not my business) but anyone expecting free wines and spirits is being completely unfair. Guests with access to free booze are more than likely to get totally plastered, with a complete disregard for the costs. A bottle of wine in the wholesalers can be around Rs.600 - 1000, and whiskey doesn't come free. A good drinker can easily whoop through 2 or 3 bottles of wine so perhaps our wedding party were hoping for a free feast! Only one point: please bring back the larger coffee mugs that you used to have!

Sydney, Australia
“A quiet pocket of Thamel”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food is very good. The meals are mostly in the 300-350 Rs range, so comparable with other places catering to foreigners but with a much better than average ambience. The nicest part is the courtyard tucked inside and around to the left, it's a great place to settle into. I liked the stir-fried veg best, but the palak paneer I had was also excellent. Mild on the chili, but that suits me fine. I ate the accompanying bit of salad and didn't come down with dysentery, so I think their hygiene level is commendable.
You might have some trouble finding this, it is a bit away from the centre of the tourist ghetto that is Thamel. On the location map, it shows it too far to the west. You need to walk east along the lane until you come to the corner with the Amrit Marg. Alternatively, you can walk north from the intersection of the Tredevi Marg with Amrit Marg/Jayatha (where the pavement stalls are), you will see the sign (on the left) at the first lane intersection you come to.

Sydney, Australia
“delicious and chilled place”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

scrummy food. amazing coffee- try with coconut milk. awesome. and really good salad and curry. loving the cruisey jazz music too and wifi is awesome as usual. definitely coming back here for not only the food but lovely customer service- very accommodating :)

Wisconsin
“Oasis in Kathmandu”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Revolution Cafe has atmosphere, pleasant staff, good food, organic brewed or espresso coffee, and wholesome brown bread. Also inside seating, outside seating and a nice back garden area. We do business in Kathmandu every February/March, and have been going there since they opened a few years ago. They are continually upgrading their facility and trying new things.....live music, movies, good conversation. One of our favorite restaurants! Worth seeking them out!

• Visited February 2014