“Oasis in the heart of Thamel”
Review of Gaju Suite Hotel

Gaju Suite Hotel
Ranked #32 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this hotel because they were Ranked 5th on trip advisor. And the reviews don’t lie, such a good hospitality. I stayed in the room 107 it had a kitchenette, living room and good wifi connection. The front desk and the house keeping staff were giving their 100 percent. The only drawback was noise from the 5th floor bar but I was lucky enough I got the room in the 3rd floor. So from my experience book the corner rooms. But when it came to rooms I had 24 hrs hot shower and electricity so can’t complain much. But overall the hotel was a good find. I would definitely come to gaju suite hotel next time I visit Nepal.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed nearly for 5days in Gaju Suite. It's located strategically in Thamel street. You could walk around to Monkey temple, the whole shopping street. The staffs are welcoming which made us feel more homely and gave us a good impression. The Reef club on the top floor is also a good place to hang out at night. Breakfast is good with a limited choice of fruits though. Rooms are big and spacious, you've got fridge, microwave and even a stove all fitted in. In all, this place is a great choice, and value for money.

Ps: Remember that the taxi only cost Nepali rupee about 350 Rs to and from airport to Thamel. Don't pay anything extra!

Room Tip: Choose room 104, it has got good wifi connection. Other rooms are quite slow in wifi.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rajie83
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings!!

Thank you posting such wonderful review on TripAdvisor.It was overwhelming for us to provide you service every time you visit.The word of encouragement will be share with our entire team.

The team of hotel is looking forward having you back with us and assure you another great stay with added amenities.

Regards,
Rubin Shrestha
Gaju Suite Hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Good location, friendly staff , excellent rooms, close to the market , good house keeping staff.elevator at the hotel and the 5th floor restaurant was astonishing.perfect service what more can I ask for..recommend it to everyone ..and will surely visit Gaju when I come to ktm again

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Talisman_077
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Love the service, friendly staff especially Rubin Shrestha, who walked around for 5 minutes to find change for my 1000 rupee note.

The Reef lounge on the top floor is fantastic. Quality food for almost free. An eager manager who wants to ensure your satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

An awesome hotel with an awesome owner!!! We booked the double room and the owner upgraded it to a suite! and that was totally nice and comfortable!! We even had free breakfast every morning, and the breakfast was awesome!! The restaurant and bar at the 5th floor was sweet and cozy, they have the best food and drink!!!! I totally would go back to this hotel when i visit Nepal again next summer!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Gaju Suite Hotel is centrally located in the heart of Kathmandu. I booked this hotel in the last minute through Agoda.com. I had already seen the reviews on TA and agoda they had awesome reviews. So I just took a risk and it paid off. I want to thank the Gaju's staff for good hospitality. When talking about rooms I had room problem what so ever, their A/c was working perfectly fine, the power outage was less than few mins, they had good backup generator.
The plus point the was an elevator working 24 hrs. My room was on the 4th floor, I didn’t have to walk, I just used the elevator all the time. They have a bar at the 5th floor named reef, which served excellent drink and had a great deal of hooka ( seesha) flavors in the bar. The ambiance was very good.
I would definitely refer this hotel to all my friends and close ones. Thank you Gaju Team

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The moment i entered this place, i was impressed with the architecture and the colors used in the corridor. I just wanted my room to be spacious, have a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. Guess what i GOT MORE THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. Must say that Gaju exceeded my expectations. My suit room just took my breath away. The wooden flooring and those wooden beams on the ceiling just surprised me. The hotel is new and young and it reflects in the vibe of the place.

Also, If you are a party lover just go on to the 5th floor and get a feel of kathmandu s night life..

My girl friend and i, instantly fell in love with this place. We had planned to go to Panauti and continue our stay there but we could not do that..Rubin was right..haha Once you have stayed in Gaju, it is tough staying anywhere else in Nepal..

Yes Rubin, you were right bro. We could not stay anywhere else and came back to Gaju. Thank you for everything.

PS :- i wanna know who has designed/done the architecture for Gaju.

I see my dream house like Gaju. May be you could ask your architect to design for my house too when i build my house.. I want it to look exactly like Gaju :)

Thank you Rubin and Gaju staff for being so kind and generous.

Room Tip: Room number 202 has a great view..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple