“Awesome hotel!!”

Ranked #29 of 193 Hotels in Kathmandu
Chengdu, China
“Awesome hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

An awesome hotel with an awesome owner!!! We booked the double room and the owner upgraded it to a suite! and that was totally nice and comfortable!! We even had free breakfast every morning, and the breakfast was awesome!! The restaurant and bar at the 5th floor was sweet and cozy, they have the best food and drink!!!! I totally would go back to this hotel when i visit Nepal again next summer!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Gaju Suite Hotel is centrally located in the heart of Kathmandu. I booked this hotel in the last minute through Agoda.com. I had already seen the reviews on TA and agoda they had awesome reviews. So I just took a risk and it paid off. I want to thank the Gaju's staff for good hospitality. When talking about rooms I had room problem what so ever, their A/c was working perfectly fine, the power outage was less than few mins, they had good backup generator.
The plus point the was an elevator working 24 hrs. My room was on the 4th floor, I didn’t have to walk, I just used the elevator all the time. They have a bar at the 5th floor named reef, which served excellent drink and had a great deal of hooka ( seesha) flavors in the bar. The ambiance was very good.
I would definitely refer this hotel to all my friends and close ones. Thank you Gaju Team

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The moment i entered this place, i was impressed with the architecture and the colors used in the corridor. I just wanted my room to be spacious, have a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. Guess what i GOT MORE THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. Must say that Gaju exceeded my expectations. My suit room just took my breath away. The wooden flooring and those wooden beams on the ceiling just surprised me. The hotel is new and young and it reflects in the vibe of the place.

Also, If you are a party lover just go on to the 5th floor and get a feel of kathmandu s night life..

My girl friend and i, instantly fell in love with this place. We had planned to go to Panauti and continue our stay there but we could not do that..Rubin was right..haha Once you have stayed in Gaju, it is tough staying anywhere else in Nepal..

Yes Rubin, you were right bro. We could not stay anywhere else and came back to Gaju. Thank you for everything.

PS :- i wanna know who has designed/done the architecture for Gaju.

I see my dream house like Gaju. May be you could ask your architect to design for my house too when i build my house.. I want it to look exactly like Gaju :)

Thank you Rubin and Gaju staff for being so kind and generous.

Room Tip: Room number 202 has a great view..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Samrat K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked 2 nights at Gaju Suite Hotel, from Friday to Saturday. Friday had a lovely day in Thamel. Then evening went to the hotel and tried some delicious pork chops. The hotel's restaurant served amazing food, the restaurant was amazing itself with a good interior. I stayed in room 104 and it was very nice and cozy modern. Nice interior and fine shower. The staffs were really kind and helpful. The house keeping staff did a great job to make our rooms clean. Overall I would choose Gaju suite again when i visit Ktm!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Foochan
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I hope you plan to come to Nepal soon. We promise to give you the same hospitality and service. Thank you for staying with us.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

There are some great value places in Kathmandu but I doubt there's any that offers the same value for money as the Gaju suites. Located just off the main drag and minutes from central Thamel but blissfully quiet - despite the rooftop bar. Really helpful staff sorted out all travel needs in minutes and provided excellent advice. Large suite with living area, cooking facilities and bedroom with en-suite and shower for under £30 per night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tommy M
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at our property .We will share your kind words to our team which is encouraging.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back here in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was more than pleased with my stay here at Gaju Suite Hotel. My stay was from June 4- 8 June 2013. My room was more than comfortable and always kept clean and neat by a great housekeeping staff. The front desk, concierge, security guards located all through the lobby and elevators were always available to answer any questions and always greeted me with a smile. I will always choose this hotel when I come back for my visit to Nepal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank macotoshibata
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gaju Suite Hotel!!

We the entire Gaju Suite Team would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor following your stay in June. It has been a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel. We are really glad that you appreciated our hotel and the staff. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you once again for everything.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks and did not regret my choice of accommodation for a single day. The staff were so helpful from the moment they picked us up from the airport. Everyone gave me good bargaining tips, where to go, what to be careful about and ensured our safety everyday.

Rooms are as clean as the pictures show. Very comfortable beds and good kitchen facilities. Free wifi 24/7 and back up generators meant black outs only lasted less than a minute. The hotel restaurant upstairs served amazing food, from breakfast to dinner plus great drinks at the bar at night! Music can be a bit loud at night time from the hotel bar upstairs so maybe stay on level 3 if you have trouble sleeping at night.

Location could not be more perfect. It is literally right in the centre of the main street. Lots of different cuisines around the hotel. Overall, completely satisfied with service and quality...best of all was that price was very reasonable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank teela17
Rubin S, General Manager at Gaju Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Teena,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We will certainly share your kind words to our entire team and will continue our good effort as well. We are looking forward to enhance the guest experience by adding more room amenities. Hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Cheers,