All reviews boudha stupa an oasis walking distance minute walk quiet garden the general manager packed breakfast deluxe room chaotic city lovely hotel short stay the hustle and bustle the hotel staff rooms are spacious laundry service quiet place visit kathmandu
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

I checked into a beautiful deluxe room with a garden room. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the hotel and everything was delicious! I do wish they had more vegetarian options on the dinner menu, but the vegetarian momo is to die for! I do understand that the reason this hotel has very high reviews. It will definitely be my go to hotel on my next visit.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Jigme Phuntsok C, General Manager at Shambaling Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am delighted to learn that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and your overwhelming comments are very much appreciated.

Our Executive Chef and his team are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience at the Hotel. We noted your wish for more vegetarian items on our dinner menu. We have already discussed your feedback and will soon be adding more vegetarian items on our menu.

It is such a pleasure to hear that our staffs were incredibly friendly and helpful. Our priority is to always make our guest’s stay smooth and relaxing in a convivial ambiance, this is indeed the essence of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming your at Shambaling Boutique Hotel in near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Shambaling was wonderful! The staff were kind and help - giving directions, getting us drivers and allowing for very late checkout. The breakfast was delicious and was made even better by the patio in the sun where you can eat it.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MeganOnTheMap
Jigme Phuntsok C, General Manager at Shambaling Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shambaling Boutique Hotel for your stay in Kathmandu. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest enjoys their breakfast and dinner or a drink after a long day to relax in our garden with colourful flowers, I am glad you had the same experience.
It was our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you at Shambaling in the near future!

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

The place is really stylish and has a lot of identity, at a walking distance from the Budha Stupa. Nice garden, real wood in the rooms, stones tiles at the bar, superb keys and locks, nice organic soaps and plenty of small cute vintage details... The deluxe rooms are worth the 15 USD extra cost. The front desk is dedicated.

But we still have a few problems:
- Wifi a total nightmare, disconnecting every 10 minutes! The whole staff is aware and many customers seem to complain. But no action taken from management.
- The TV provided on demand is pathetic: few channels, horrible image quality
- No bath robe?? Seriouly?

Advice for room choice: Go for a room facing garden. The ones facing the monastery have an ugly view, as show attached.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank RichardDelamour
Jigme Phuntsok C, General Manager at Shambaling Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Shambaling Boutique Hotel.
It was such a pleasure to read that you found our staff very dedicated and the rooms very stylish with lots of identity. We appreciate your comment on the attention paid to the details in the room from wooden floors to the nice organic soaps to many other vintage details.... and I am pleased to know that you liked our Deluxe room with a garden view. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the location being just 10 mins walking distance to the Boudhanath Stupa, one of the UNSECO world heritage sites in Nepal and one of the oldest and biggest Buddhist Stupa in the world.

At the same time I noticed your critical point regarding the wifi and television. Please excuse this inconvenience as it is certainly not our standard to leave our guests having to repeat any request. Quite on the contrary, we always strive to fix / arrange our guest request as early as possible. The Cable wire was under maintenance for few days and was disturbed. We immediately followed up with the company and we have our usual high speed wifi for our guest now.

We do have bath robe in our suite rooms, however we have noted your point and will be considering it in other standard rooms in future.

Again, Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and I hope we may welcome you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here at a moments notice after being disappointed with a hotel nearby I'd booked. This hotel was much more expensive but I was really pleased with the room, staff, hotel and food. The beef spring rolls were fabulous! Would definitely stay again and recommend it to couples and maybe travellers who want a little more comfort at the beginning or end of their trip to Nepal.

1  Thank Craig B
Jigme Phuntsok C, General Manager at Shambaling Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. It was indeed our pleasure to have you at Shambaling. I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you were really pleased with the room, staff, hotel and food. I am thrilled to learn that you very much enjoyed the beef spring rolls. Our priority is to always on quality service and we starve to make our guest’s stay smooth and relaxing in a convivial ambiance, this is indeed the essence of our hotel.

Be assured that your warm review has been relayed to our staff who are always thrilled to hear thoughtful feedback from our guests.

Thank you very much for highly recommending us and we very much look forward to welcoming you at Shambaling Boutique in near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2017

We loved our stay at Shambaling near the fascinating stupa in Boudha. A bonus is that a quiet lane and side street bring you to the stupa so no need to brave the dusty main road.
Our room which was a deluxe overlooking the garden was very comfortable and well appointed. Great king sized bed, modern bathroom, inviting seating area, large windows, and AC which both heats and cools. All a guest's needs are thought of.
We ate some of our dinners in the dining room and the food was wonderful, vastly exceeded expectations. The Nepali thali was very good, as were the lamb and pork chops. Much better meals than we had in outside restaurants. Breakfast on the patio was excellent, and substantial. The best poached eggs in Nepal I'm sure.
Highly recommend this hotel, so glad we found it.

Room tip: The deluxe rooms have a great sitting area, garden view is best.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and highly recommending us. As you can imagine, it is always important for us to have feedback from our guests.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the bonus of hotel being located very close to the Great Boudhanath Stupa. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the size and comfort of the room and to hear that you enjoyed our little attentions to detail was a delight.

Our Executive Chef, and his team are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience and vastly exceeded your expectation, also to learn that you enjoyed the best Poached eggs in Nepal, here at Shambaling.
I am pleased to learn that our staffs were very welcoming and made your stay extremely comfortable. This is exactly what we strive to accomplish.

Be assured that your warm review has been relayed to our staffs who are always thrilled to hear thoughtful feedback from our guests.

We are very much looking forward to greeting you again at Shambaling Boutique Hotel in near future!