“A hotel with heart” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A hotel with heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was clearly built and decorated with love; the atmosphere is immediately warm and welcoming and the staff go out of their way to make you feel like a special guest. I highly recommend Hotel Tibet to anyone who is looking for good quality accommodation with charm, character and attention to detail at an affordable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank michelle298570
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear michelle298570,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you liked all our services, decoration, our hotel staffs and so on.
We hope to give you even better service in future and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
GRE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time that I stayed at the Hotel Tibet. Both times it was before and after a trek. My stay, 2 days prior and for 5 days after a trek to the Upper Mustang, this year felt like returning to a place of comfort. The rooms are comfortable, staff friendly, and restaurant good quality. Cabs are located just down the street to get into Thamel if you don't want to walk. The walk to Thamel is challenging with the construction for the widening of Lazimpat but can be done with with little effort. I walked to a number of restaurants in Thamel to eat dinner. Hotel Tibet is a a good value and I would recommend it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Mike H
Dear Mike H,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you liked our hotel on your both visits. We are glad to know that you gave a good value to our hotel food.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel Tibet us welcoming and has a warm touch as you enter through the main door. The decor is beautiful and the staff are wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel like you're at home and that you have everything you need. The rooms are comfortable and the atmosphere is relaxing. Staying here contributed to my great first experience of my trip to Kathmandu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank DebbieNazareth
Dear DebbieNazareth,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you liked all our services, decoration, our hotel staffs and so on.
Made, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is nice, I was glad I didn't pay for it, because I would never spend so much money for this Hotel. It's comfortable and clean, but you can get rooms that are not much worse for like 10 percent of the price they charge here. There are no restaurants close to the hotel, so the location is also not really good.
The internet is very expensive and the breakfast also, however there's a nice bakery just around the corner where you can get a delicious cheap breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Miriam T
Dear Miriam T,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. Sorry to make you feel that our hotel is expensive but so far it is the average rate in Kathmandu according to our hotel standard, services, rooms, facilities and any other extra help to our guest when needed without hesitation.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars in Lazimpat area if you goggle search once or you could have kindly asked to the hotel staffs. Just next to our hotel there is a 5 star hotel naming Radisson where you have encountered bakery of the same hotel. I am sure that you could have found a very good restaurant over there as well.
We are very pleased to have you in our hotel during your stay at Kathmandu. Hope to give you even better services and information in future.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

After arriving in Nepal, Hotel Tibet was where I went first.

I loved the lobby area, it is beautiful, it made me feel like I was really in a different part of the world.
I was ill on flight over to Nepal, so I didn't actually eat anything in the evening at Hotel Tibet. There was good bathroom facilities with a hot shower, I was on the first floor, it was noisy but I was comfortable, I later stayed on the fourth floor and had no problems. Breakfast was a little disappointing compared to the rest of my stay in Nepal, everywhere else breakfast was fantastic.
Hotel Tibet's breakfast was not bad, just not to my taste.

Hotel Tibet is also in a good location, a short taxi ride to Thamel, and just around the corner there are shops.

After almost 3 weeks I did look forward to returning to Hotel Tibet on my last night in Nepal and I definitely would return!

Room Tip: Can be a bit noisy when sleeping on the first floor. When I slept on the fourth floor it was very qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gwenllian B
Dear Gwenllian B,
Hope this reply finds you in a good health!
Thank you for your precious time in sharing your experience about the hotel!
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future to provide you even better service!
Scunthorpe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

its a budget hotel a fair walk into the centre first impressions were that it was very grand and exotic I stopped a couple of days before trekking and a couple after.The first room I got was ok but on returning 11 days later we were given a room with no facilities whatsoever, after a fair amount of argy bargy we were moved to a room with toilet and wash basin Upon opening the toilet door we were knocked back by the smell I have worked in a hospital and it smelled worse than the mortuary. The person who came to see to it seemed as shocked as we were by the smell anyway I dont know what he did but thankfully the smell had gone when we returned a few hours later. Nepal is pretty third world so I really dont know how it compares it with other hotels in Kathmandu it was certainly the hight of luxury compared to some of the tea houses we stopped in but the awful smell I'll never forget

Room Tip: There is a nice roof terrace so if you are having time to relax the upper floor rooms give easier ac...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Matt T,
Thank you for your precious time in sharing your experience about the hotel! We are heartily sorry for what you have to suffer. In a peak season while quickly cleaning rooms and bath room’s faults could occur. On your next stay to Kathmandu we will not give a single chance to disappoint you and that’s a genuine promise.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future to provide you even better service!
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at The Hotel Tibet for 2 nights whilst visiting Kathmandu. It's hard to believe that this hotel is rated 3 star. The service and standard of food was excellent. Plenty of choice at breakfast, it was hard to choose! Also, my first cup of decent coffee in over 2 weeks!! The décor throughout the hotel was of a very high standard and it was a joy to have a bathroom with piping hot water after some of exploits in India!! The location was great - very quiet. All of the staff were very attentive. The Yeti bar on the top floor is a great place to sit and relax in the evening after a full day of sightseeing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kim A
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Kim A,

Thank you for your precious time in sharing your experience about the hotel! We believe in satisfaction of guest and making them happy by giving all the possible services from our side.