“Excellent choice”
Review of Hotel Tibet

Hotel Tibet
Ranked #41 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been lodging for 6 das in october at Tibet Hotel.I have appreciate every moment. The hotel is well located rar enough from the noise and the dust of Katmandhu but near enough Thamel(15 minutes walk). The room are clean and confortable The food is good but most of it the staff is very kind. Also the service of the travel desk is very effective. They booked all my plane;porters and visit with rapid services and good prices.It is an excellent choice of hotel You will not regret it

Room Tip: Room 503 was fantastic!!!
2  Thank 149ALebon
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Should we be of any assistance in your future travel plans to Nepal, we will be more than happy to offer excellent service as per your expectation.
Thank you and Namaste!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Tibet, on my way to and from Mount Kailash in Tibet.

I like this hotel a lot. I used to stay here more than 10 years ago. They still have the same friendly and warm staff, which had left a deepmimpression on me in the earlier visit. The hotel has recently bee renovatd and is really very attrative. They hava an Illy Coffee bar, and the food is good.

Hard to say why exactly, probably a matter of many factors, but this is my favorite hotel in Kathmandu. I just veel really comfortable there. I can safely reccomed this place

Room Tip: Back side away from elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert W

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for appreciating our renovation and our new outlets i.e. ILLY coffee bar, Yeti bar and terrace (5thfloor), Shambala SPA, Meditation room and others…..
It is an honor to have you back as our guest after 10 years and hope to be of service in the near future. Most of the staff still remain the same as we are one big family.
Thank you for your precious time in sharing your experience about the hotel!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is upmarket for Kathmandu. The people are very friendly. Excellent food. Noise is at a minimum. Security excellent. The people at reception were most oblidging. Could not fault the services of Manira and Roji. Definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank swr99063
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay along with your children.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Tashi Delek!
Manira and Roji

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Rooms average (although I liked the Tibetan feel), tidy but not very 'clean' with the air smelling of dust, breakfast average (could add a few more options), hot chocolates in the lobby are, however, great! I found the day people on reception are lovely, in particular. I have stayed in several different hotels in Kathmandu and they don't need to smell of dust.

The new arrangements for internet use (which commenced in September 2012) are incredibly irritating (short use and having to pay and every time the power cuts and generator kicks in you are kicked out of the internet and have to log in... often, as the power cuts occur often).

Many rooms are noisy from a machine outside the window, and one side of the building is incredibly close to another so needing to keep curtins closed for any privacy.

Airconditioning is on a timer so rooms can get hot until the aircon kicks in, and in my case the aircon was so loud and clunky that I couldn't have it on during the night as it kept me awake.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel are good - not much traffic on the lane although Hotel Manaslu n...
1  Thank bobkate12333

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. As per your comments we have added more options to our breakfast buffet and serviced the air conditioner for less noise. Pardon us for the interruption in internet when the power goes off but we do have a back up generator. We have conveyed your kind words to our day receptionist.

Thank you very much for your valuable time.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I liked the interior and the service of the Hotel Tibet a lot. Very clean, very friendly and excellent italian coffee :-)
But compared to other hotels in Kathmandu I found 70 USD + tax slightly overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that you liked our hotel interior and our ILLY coffee bar. As for the price that you have mentioned, it is a very reasonable price for the month of October (Season).

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very good mid-range choice in one of the more quiet corners of Kathmandu, as in: walking-distance to Thamel but without the noise.

Good vibe, clean room, friendly staff, very nice restaurant staff (the restaurant food is really good too, with a small minus for the breakfast which could be improved).

Internet: if you need to check your mails, I wouldn´t recommend doing it here though unless you have an inordinate amount of patience.

Good value for money overall and I have no problems seeing myself checking in there again for my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 489EffS
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a wonderful oasis in the middle of chaotic Kathmandu. The staff are extremely helpful and nice and the hotel is quite charming and comfortable. What prevents me from giving a 5 star review was disappointment on there change of plans policy. I found myself needing to leave a day early and instead of compromising and charging a half day or nothing for the day I had to leave early they took a hard line on a three day cancellation policy. In the U.S. the cancel policy usually only applies if you cancel your entire trip not leave a day early - they should make that policy clear on their website and you should be forewarned. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant experience

1  Thank marcyf64