“Amazing service was the highlight for us.”
Review of Hotel Manang

Hotel Manang
Ranked #63 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed October 20, 2011

In a nutshell. We received very good service from the hotel Manang. The rooms were clean and the location was ideal for all the tourist things. Oh and given our overall experience I'd say that this hotel is top value!

The only criticism I can think of is that although the rooms are very clean, the decor is starting to look tired.

Apart that I definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have stayed here twice now and found the best thing about the Hotel is the staff. The service is very good, they are helpful and accomodating always.
The food is also good and the organic coffee surprisingly so.
We will return.

Room Tip: The top floor (5th I think) has a great view out the back of the Monkey Temple.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Manang in Kathamandu for a week and our experience was excellent.

We found the hotel very clean. The staff from the junior level to senior level - all very very friendly and co-operative. They made us feel "AT HOME". The Manager - Mr. Suresh Shreshta - helped us to organise our trip locally including our Mountain Flight, which was memorable. Quality of the food was reasonably good.

We would strongly recommend this hotel, for anyone who has plans to visit Kathamandu.

Room Tip: Generally the rooms are quite spacious, neat and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2011

In my last stay there was a mishap. While we were checking out, we got a additional bill for water. At a point we were pissed of about the behavior of service guy. Lastly the GM came to took care. I was really impressed with the GM's attitude and service. I was honored also there.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Decided to "up-grade" our accommodation in Kathmandu after a train/road trip from Beijing to Kathmandu via Lhasa. Booking done via Octopuss in March 2011. Upon arrival at the Hotel Manang we were informed that there was a "blockage" and that we would have to stay at another hotel. We were take to the Buddha Hotel, about a 5/8 min walk down the road, and into room 501. Now the only thing I can say positive about the Buddha Hotel is, the aircon worked. No soap in the bath room, and our own house door keys opened the door!!!!. After a very un-comfortable night with a chair close to the door and soft drink cans with stones in, on top of the chair for security, we were back at reception at the Manang Hotel early the next morning demanding the room for which we had paid.

We were told a room would be available in the afternoon, and in fairness it was.

From there on in, we had a pleasent stay. The room was clean, and comfy, and there was even hot water in the shower.

The staff were very pleasent, however every time I tried to discuss the "blockage" their english got a little worse, and it was only upon check out that I was told the reason for the blockage - the hotel was full, and that I need to take the issue up with my travel agent.

Room rate Buddha Hotel $30.00 per night, room rate Manang Hotel $90.00. Therefore I feel $60.00 ripped off.

Now I am not sure if this "blockage" was an oversight by someone, or a rip off, but my advice is, if you are told there is a "blockage" stand your ground, because the replacement accommodation is going to be a lot worse.

So would we stay at the Manang again? - well yes we would. Good location, nice hotel, and just about every staff member would say good morning/afternoon/etc., just that little thing about a "blockage" and the Buddha Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hotel is quite hospitable. It has good food facilities ad well as room facilities. All in all nice place to stay in. Thank you Manang.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 4 yr old kid. Booked thru internet. However what I found that their prices are not consistent and keep varying hence would advise all to negotiate very hard with them. Major issue with this hotel:

- Yellow, stale water in the bathroom. Staff would tell u many stories about this that this temporary and today they put some medicine etc. But during our 4 days stay the water quality didn't improve.

- Not a great menu in their restaurants hence use of their restaurant too is not recommended

- Their breakfast buffet lacks variety and quality

- Their travel desk would leave no stone un-turned for extracting maximum money from you. first day I paid INR 3000/- for 6 hrs day trip to local sites however when checked outside other travel agencies were charging INR 2000/-

- Airport pickup and drop was negotiated as complimentary however they did gave me free pickup but for drop at the last moment they extracted INR 1000/- from me this is inspite of my protest and showing them email that has the confirmation from them in writing but was in vain.

Hence keeping in view the above reasons would advise to stay at this hotel at your own risk but once choosen you must be smart enough to overcome the shrudeness of the management and not suffer like I did.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family