“Great burgers, great cake!”
Review of Nina's

Nina's
Ranked #57 of 758 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great burgers, great cake!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had our last evening in Katmandu here, on the basis of a strong recommendation and weren't disappointed. The food was fantastic (the Philly cheesesteak, and the Big Daddy burger were particular group favourites), the service was very friendly and there was a nice atmosphere to the place.

Do not leave without trying the Chocolate cake, it was one of the best I have ever tasted!

• Visited April 2013

Kathmandu, Nepal
“Chocolate cake is to die for!!! sigh *-*”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Not just chocolate cake, everything on the menu is to die for literally!! I don't even live nearby but the chocolate cake, pork chops and burgers are total worth the travel! :) Best burgers in KTM for sure! Excellent value for money. :)

• Visited April 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Nina knows how to make a burger!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a find ... & if you're not staying nearby, but crave a burger this place is completely worth the travel time. Nina's burger would compare very well to a gourmet burger back home. Excellent value for money too. And a quaint restaurant ... you kind of feel like you're eating in her dining room! She makes good desserts as well, which is often difficult to find in Nepal.

• Visited February 2013
Kathmandu
“Satur"date" at Cafe Nina”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Because we were killing time, my friend suggested we go to Cafe Nina in Maharajgunj. And it has turned into a weekly tryst treat. I brought my husband the next time then we brought our entire family then more friends. Towards the end of the week, our mouths water and crave to be back to Cafe Nina. Even if we have to travel 16kms to and fro from our place every week. Why? They serve the best burgers in Kathmandu, both for non-veg and vegetarians. Our children can finish the whole meltdown burger (with lotsa cheese) and french fries as sides each- their usual order. I have tried different burgers everytime I go: Australian burger, philly steak sandwich, tenderloin burger with bacon...and a lot more to try in the menu. It is only there I have eaten calamari salad with cheese and I love the variation of taste that goes inside my mouth as I savor the calamari. Being in a seafood-less country, that one is quite a treat. I have also tried their pesto pasta and it has a generous portion of basil! Another rare treat in Kathmandu because I seldom see sweet basil plant around here. We have tried their steaks as well, cooked to perfection as to how diners prefer it. The mashed potatoes are just differently delicious! All meat dishes come with veggie side dish, cooked just right. Go for the pepper steak. They have their unique iced tea and lemonade blend, too. And to top each meal, the chocolate cake that melts in your mouth or sometimes their homemade ice cream which Nina prepares and serves herself. You will gaze at the serving plate's work of art presentation before you scoop a bite. And oh! Nina, the gracious owner is very hands-on with the diners' needs! She is friendly with everyone, and pays attention to your preference. We also look forward to seeing her every time. P.s. they have the cleanest toilet!

• Visited March 2013
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Nina's Cafe”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This unpretentious little restaurant and bar is a popular lunch venue for office workers in the vicinity and is also lively in the early evenings. The owners also own the butchers shop in the same compound and therefore can select the best cuts for their patrons. The menu is quite heavily weighted towards meat dishes, but vegetarian options are available. On my last two visits I have enjoyed an excellent creamy ginger prawns with rice and a pepper steak. The dessert selection is limited - usually to different types of cake - but overall good value for money.

• Visited March 2013