“I found my Zen”

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I found my Zen”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I came to this place today based on reviews. And it did not disappoint.

7 hours of pure indulgence.

Staff were attentive, professional and excellent at their job.

The manager consistently checked we were enjoying the service,
Brought us complimentary coffee and was always smiling.

He products used were great.

The price was very good for the service.

If you're in Kathmandu - indulge yourself and find your zen.

Dumaguete City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden GEM in Kathmandu”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful treatment and experience I had at the Zen Spa. After backpacking and trekking for three months - some TLC was what my body needed and exactly what I got. Niru was fantastic and very accommodating as soon as I walked in. They fit me in as soon as I arrived and provided very thorough and professional service. I would have paid 5X the price in Canada for the services that were provided. Everyone there was so friendly and kind, and Niru even let me eat the hair treatment conditioner when I got hungry :). GO TO THE ZEN EXPERIENCE, you will not be disappointed!

Visited October 2013
NA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Only Proper Spa In Thamel, Kathmandu”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My friend and I physically visited 6 other spas in Kathmandu to check out their facilities and their prices (it took 4 hours!). Unless you find smelling mouldy walls, listening to the sound of beeping horns right outside the window and being scared to touch anything with your bare skin relaxing, then the Zen Spa Experience is the only place to get a proper relaxing treatment. I couldn't believe the quality of all the other spas, especially considering their good feedback online. I would never be relaxed in those environments.

Zen Spa on the other hand is different as soon as you walk in. Quiet, trickling water in the reception, candles lit, soft mood lighting with dark panelled walls.

My friend and I had:
- body waxing
- hair treatments
- 1 hour body scrub
- 1 hour swedish / ayurdevic massage
- 1 hour facial
- manicure & pedicure
- hair blow dry

For just $90. It was 7 hours of treatment all up and we had the most attentive lovely beauticians. The manicure/pedicure painting was the only disappointment, it was a little unprofessional finish. However everything else was incredible, very professional, natural products. We had quotes from one other spa (Prana Spa) that seemed to be western quality as well but they were WAY more expensive... so I recommend Zen as it's worth paying the $20 extra for a properly relaxing after-trekking experience.

The spa itself is tucked away on the second floor of a small alley opposite the Kathamandu Guest House. Can't rate this place highly enough!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clair M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible, terrible service, expensive. Will never go back.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Because of the good reviews whe went to Zen Spa. To find out that nothing was true. Prices where high and there was no quality. He told us that many people from Holland came and that they always came back. We were really excited. But we left the building everything except ZEN. We Will never ever go back.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sangitass
ravizenshah, Owner at Zen Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest, We are terribly sorry that you had a bad experience at our Spa. We are willing to make it up to you and invite you for a complimentary service. We would also be grateful if you could tell us how you had a terrible experience so that it will help us improve. As for prices, our services have a price range from $10 to $30 depending on the duration so we would respectfully like to disagree that we are expensive. If you are in Nepal for a while, please do drop in. Thank you.
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Good massage, good service.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A little difficult to find, but worth the bother. Opposite Kathmandu hostel in Thamel, down a small alley, up some stairs, Zen massage parlour offers professional and well priced massages (for the global market; expensive for SE Asia, but cheap for UK) Rs 1500 would be the average.
We got the foot and hand reflexology, they put us in chairs in the hallway which ruined the ambience as people walked by and leaving/entering customers could be heard clearly. Halfway through my massage the lady was replaced due to her being sick, the owner came to apologise, offered us 15% off the massage and a further 20% of a future massage, which we fully intend to use before we leave Kathmandu!

Visited August 2013