“Hotel Marshyangdi - my home in Nepal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Marshyangdi

Hotel Marshyangdi
Ranked #94 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Southampton
“Hotel Marshyangdi - my home in Nepal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

We have stayed at the Hotel Marshyangdi with our kids a number of times and now refer to it as 'our home in Nepal'. The staff are great with the kids who were only two and three when we first went as a family. Apart from the professional and friendly attitude of the staff and management what I like most is that you can get breakfast from 6 in the morning - you do not want to be laying around in bed when there are so many things to see and do within a few meters of the Hotel. Try wandering down to the shopping district of Assan at 7.00 am- hey I could go on writing about this hotel all day (it is where I met my wife)
Dave Capps

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — primitive facilities by western 3* standards
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Charpimanche

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Marshyangdi in Thamel. The hotel was centrally located in Thamel and within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the rooms were clean. There is a security guard on the premises all day and the gates to the hotel are locked at night so the atmosphere is very safe. Overall, we had a pleasant stay and we would be happy to stay there again on our next trip to Kathmandu.

• Liked — Centrally located
  • Disliked — Breakfast buffet
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Padparadscha
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2007

Clean, friendly, efficient and reasonably central 3 star property . We agreed a very reasonable rate by contacting them directly. There were no problems with any aspect of the check-in or check-out, and while we were there the staff and management were always helpful and friendly. We opted not to include breakfast at the hotel because the local cafes and restaurants are open for longer and offer more variety (and at a better price), but otherwise it was a great deal for the few days we were in Kathmandu.

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank SanMarco2
Watford, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

I travelled to Kathmandu for the first time in Aug 2005. I was a 41 yr old stay at home mum - who wanted a break and I got it! I came to Nepal to do some sightseeing and visit the charity projects I support and the Hotel Marshyangdi was home for roughly a week. I am hardly the backpacker type and wasn't in Nepal as a trekker. I don't mind roughing it and was open to different standards of accomodation during my stay, but once I was driven onto the forecourt of the hotel, I was amazed. Wonderful entrance, flowers/plants & a welcoming lobby area. I was greeted with a cold drink and given a temporary room (so I could get some sleep - while my room was being made up. It was early in the am and many guests had yet to check out - so having a bed to crash in was a welcome sight.)

Once ready, I had a nice room with 2 single beds which was clean and comfortable - and cool in the heat, the staff were friendly and food was great. I had to leave the hotel for 3 days while I went to other parts of the country and returned for my final night - and the staff upgraded me to a bigger room. A wonderful surprise.

I really enjoyed talking with the staff and was sorry to have to leave. It became my home from home for a brief time.

I plan to return to Nepal in 2007 with my eldest daughter - and hope to show her all the sights & sounds of Kathmandu & Nepal on a mother/daughter adventure. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed August 2005