Booked thru JetEscapes Holidays. Ed Hillary's autographed picture on the 4th floor.
1. Great Breakfast added in room charges
2. Good helpful Reception, Cashiers. Can't say the same for other staff.
3. Great Saluting security. I felt awkward after each salute. Good people.
4. Good cultural program with Nepali Thali. Very short. Commentary, compering could have been better.
5. Solo singer - horribly expensive dinner.
6. Free WIFI in Coffee shop, bar.
7. Nice garden, well maintained.
8. Extremely old and poorly maintained rooms. Funny to hear about upgrading to Deluxe when we booked Deluxe room. No or very poor heating in Near Zero degree temperature.
9. You are made to follow hotel cult of drinking herbal tea or order normal Tea coffee at NPR 250 from Room service. Terrible.
10. Very high tips expectation by housekeeping/ room service staff and concierge. Or you are met with a frown and some funny words in nepali under the breath.
Jet Escapes should look at better hotels on Darbar Palace road and should do away with their custom to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nepal's Own five star boutique hotel in a quite diplomatic district. 100 Deluxe suites, apartments and rooms. Beautiful serene landscaped garden and first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Kathmandu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Kathmandu
- Shangri La Hotel Kathmandu