Dwarika's Hotel
Average 3/5
Hotel Bagmati(Kathmandu)
Very Good 4/5
1,173 results
All reviewsnepalese restaurantan oasisfusion barliving museumday bedbeautiful hotelwooden windowsjunior suiteheritage hotelrooms are hugeclose to the airportnewari stylemain restaurantnepali culturechaotic kathmandubusy citysitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having read of the chaos and pollution of Kathmandu, I felt it important to book a hotel I would be happy to return to and recuperate from the activities of exploring the city.

I booked Dwarika's based on the reviews from Tripadvisor, but also beacuse of the photos of this amazing property, the architectural details, the feeling of history that has been recreated, the use of amazing wooden furniture and of art situated everywhere you look. Like Dwarika's Resort this hotel has a soul that makes you feel instantly comfortable and secure in a very foreign environment that is Kathmandu.

Arriving late at night we were welcomed and taken straight to our Junior Suite; bigger than my apartment in Hong Kong and furnished in such a unique way, I felt like I was staying in someones very plush house. The way the hotel is decorated makes you just feel welcome and comfortable and it is not like a cookie cutter interantional hotel chain where every room is a carbon copy of the next, with mass produced products.

Breakfast was a delight outside in the courtyard, although some of the staff were a little cold and aloof.

After 7 hours exploring and walking the mad streets of Kathmandu, I do not believe I have ever been so happy to see the hotel and enter the Lobby and inner courtyard and retreat from the madness I discovered during my long, hot and crazy day.

After a long hot shower, and a few hours around the pool dinner was a 6 course Nepalese set course in the Nepalese restaurant in the inner courtyard of Dwarika's. The meal was a wonderful and VERY filling experience and the staff here were lovely, hospitable and friendly.

I wanted to experience Dwarika's Resort for my last day and as I had booked directly with Nirdosh (who was exceptionally professional and helpful with my booking) I asked the team to cancel my last night and book at the resort; which was arranged straight away and transfer was arranged the following morning.

A great nights sleep and off to Dwarika's Resort in Dhulikel the following day; readers, if you have not heard of Dwarika's Resort then please sepnd a few minutes reading the reviews and I would recommend 100% for you to spend some time here; it is only 1 hours drive away and you will experience an unforgetable and amazing stay.

Great stay, thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Dwarika_Hotel, Assistant Manager - International Sales and Marketing at Dwarika's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear oznick,

Thank you very much for your review of the Dwarikas Hotel Kathmandu.

We were delighted to hear from you and very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Dwarikas Hotel when your travels next bring you to Kathmandu.

Best regards,

Bhumi

Reviewed April 21, 2014

this hotel felt like a haven away from the noise, dirt and pollution of Kathmandu.Our room was lovely , large with views over to a privately owned temple. There is a pool and good choice of food.We found staff helpful and breakfast was super with nice choice of fruits, yoghurt, rolls etc

Downside drinks rather expensive but the ambience alone was worth it

Room Tip: we had a spacious bedroom on the ?? 4th floor( not sure)

Dear gee70,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback on The Dwarikas Hotel.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take full advantage of our rooms, pool and other outlets. We have also taken note of your feedback in regards to the price on our beverage items.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Bhumi

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Amazing hotel, rooms, location and very good food but the service could be better. The staff (particularly on reception) didn't seem very happy and weren't very welcoming. With improved service and a smile this would get 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear bluetillew70,

Many thanks for your review of The Dwarikas Hotel and for choosing to stay with us.

We were pleased to learn that you found our hotel, rooms and food amazing.Your feedback is much appreciated and very important to us in ensuring we improve or service into the future.

Our sincere apologies that this service you encountered did not meet the high standards we strive for, however we do hope it will not deter you from staying with us in the future and please do let me know when you visit Nepal next. (sm@dwarikas.com)

Warm regards,

Bhumi Ghimire

Reviewed April 17, 2014

As a self proclaimed 5 star hotel, their service and attitude was pathetic and left a lot to be desired. Ambience was nice in hotel but everything was a "no" with no alternatives or adjustment. I travel about 42 weeks a year (>300,000 airline miles a year) and stay in 100s of hotels. Service and attitude is what drives hospitality and Dwarika was extremely poor. We were returning from out trek upto Everest base Camp. The spa had very limited choices and people,with very limited knowledge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank WorldtravellerKNH
The_Dwarika_Hotel, Assistant Manager - International Sales and Marketing at Dwarika's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear WorldTravellerHNK,

Firstly may I thank you very much for sharing your feedback on the
Dwarikas Hotel Kathmandu recent stay.

We were most disappointed to learn of your experience as this has
fallen well short of the high service levels we strive for.

I would also like present our apologies for the lack of willingness to help and
the shortfall in product knowledge that you encountered whilst your stay here.

We would very much like to learn more about your experience and would
invite you to contact me personally to allow us to follow up with the respective departments.
(sm@dwarikas.com)

I would also like to invite you to contact me directly when your travels
next bring you to Kathmandu, as I would like to take the opportunity to ensure
we deliver you an exceptional stay.

We hope to hear from you in the near future,

Warm regards,

Bhumi Ghimire

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel was a wonderful respite from the bustle of Kathmandu city. It is very peaceful with lovely grounds and an excellent staff. We stayed here at the beginning of our trip to Nepal and returned at the end of our 2 weeks travelling. It is a great beginning and end. The rooms are large and beautifully maintained. The staff is incredible, they are there for your every need with out being obtrusive. There are several restaurants to choose from as well as a great bar poolside. They offer a delicious breakfast buffet with bread made on their premises and local cheeses. First time I ever had Yak cheese! Their spa offers numerous treatments and is a perfect way to end a long day touring.