Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Deutsch Home(Kathmandu)
  • Room Service
Hotel Api(Kathmandu)
1,356 results
All reviewsan institutionnew wingan oasisbeautiful gardendeluxe roomthamel districthotel groundsthe hustle and bustletravel desktourist areadurbar squarehot waterhearttrekbudgetsatmchaos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is situated in the centre of Thamel which is the main tourist area. This is the largest hotel in Thamel. The rooms are average and not that spacious. However, they are very clean. If you want a good view from the room, reserve a room facing the garden and not a room that faces the street. The entrance to the hotel does not look that attractive. However, there is a courtyard which is beautifully maintained and it is eye-candy for someone who only sees the rush, the dust, the dirt and the mud in Thamel area.

Do not expect the hotel to be completely silent and quiet as it is situated right in the middle of the busy city which does not seem to go to sleep. The breakfast buffet of the hotel is not that great and my advice to you is to order A la carte. What we ordered for lunch was really good and it was quite a sizable portion as well. The laundry service of the hotel is very reliable and they do a very good job at that.

If you are planning to visit many tourist attractions this is the place to stay in as most of the tourist attractions are situated really close to the hotel. It will be cheaper for you to take a rick shaw or a taxi from the road than taking the hotel taxi service which is more expensive. However, the hotel does the pick up and drops to the airport in a very reliable manner.

The staff is very friendly and very courteous and they will be happy to help you at any given point of time with a pleasant smile on their faces.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pragyatuladhar, Guest Relations Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Namaste,

Thank you for your stay at KGH and such wonderful words. We are glad it was a pleasant one.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet as much as the lunch and dinner. We will work out a way to serve best breakfast buffet, as breakfast is one of the most important meal of the day! :)

Thank you again and see you soon!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Although the central location in the Thamel district the Kathmandu Guest House has definitely seen its glory days. The hotel, which is one of the largest in town are renowned due to its name and central setting. Though the hotel offers you a calmer place in the busy town than many other places do, much of the hotel feels a bit outdated, and could be fresher. As they have plenty of different rooms – even in the specific categories – please have a look around on the different ones to see for your self. Regarding the staff the ones we meet were quite decent.
Although some of KGHs rates may be overpriced looking at the standards, you pay for the location. However, the most surprising and indeed irritating thing with our stay at KGH was that the Wi-fi wasn’t free, at least not the good one that worked best, instead you have to pay for hours, which, as we figured out, you can use so that you can save your hours during your stay. We would like to encourage KGH to include free wifi in their standard rates, this since both backpackers and business travellers sure would appreciate the convenience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hannesofsweden

Namaste,

Thank you for your stay with us at Kathmandu Guest House and your review.

We have been working on providing the best wifi service to our guests. However, for the time being, there is free wifi at the restaurant and courtyard and payable wifi at nominal price range to use anywhere else in the hotel.

Thank you again and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

due to being unwell i was desperate to find a quiet room,i was willing to upgrade my budget, so i took a room at KGH for 2 nites, well,let me say this place is usually loaded with young package students,and they had renovations bangin all day when i was there
For the price of the room u would think wifi would be included-NOPE! They have token cards where u have to pay 125 rupees an hour to use wifi in the room..wowsa..
restaurant staff are not friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Tjgnosis

Namaste,

Thank you for your stay at KGH and your review. We are sad to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with you.

The renovation work is being conducted to make our rooms better and we we do that only in the day time. The renovation for most of our Standard and Garden Facing rooms are almost over. We hope you give us a second chance, we will make sure you get a pleasant stay.

Apologies once again from us.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

May 2013 was my third visit to the Kathmandu Guest House and each time was fabulous. I use the hotel for myself and my clients before and after every Everest Base Camp tour. I have stayed in almost every style of room and each one has been lovely, clean and comfortable. My favourites are the garden view rooms even though the new wing is first class. The staff are incredible, from the cleaning staff right up to the managers and owners. They make my life so much easier when I visit Nepal and I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Thank you! Natural Trekking Tours

Room Tip: The garden view rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Pragyatuladhar, Guest Relations Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Friend of KGH,
Namaste,

Thank you for your stay at KGH and your review. We loved serving you and your friends and we are all smiles here reading this review.

We are glad you always stay at KGH, whenever you are in Kathmandu and we will make sure you always have a comfortable stay every time.

See you soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just come back from a 3 week stay in Nepal and spent my last 3 nights in Kathmandu guest house. From the moment we arrived I felt at ease, they nicest, most accommodating staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I had hurt my ankle in Kathmandu and they provided me with crutches and a ground floor room for an extremely reasonable price. The hotel itself is an oasis of calm and the spa is extremely affordable with fantastic staff. I had a very relaxing head massage on my last day that I'll remember for years. The manager Nabin deserves the highest praise for his constant smile and easy going way with the customers. I cannot recommend this hotel enough!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LauraBeans
Pragyatuladhar, Guest Relations Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Laura,
Namaste,

Thank you for your stay with us at KGH and your wonderful review. We are happy happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Our colleague, Mr. Nabin thanks you and sends you his regards. We always try to make sure that each and every guests of ours feel comfortable and enjoy their stay.

Thank you and see you soon!