Hotel Yak & Yeti
$109
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,304 results
All reviewschimney restaurantcasino royaledurbar margtennis courtsswimming poolclub floorbusiness centerbreakfast buffetroyal palaceold palacebusiness tripthe heart of the citygarden viewan oasisnew wingrooms are comfortablecentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 at the start of my trip to Nepal and returned for the final days of my trip. I found this to be an excellent hotel to stay in. The staff are friendly professional and very polite and attentive. I had an evening meal and breakfast each day I stayed there and there was a great selection of food to choose from, the food was very tasty. The bed room was large and spacious and the double bed was very big. There is also a beautiful garden to relax in after your visit to Kathmandu. The hotel is situated in an area that has plenty of shops within a five minute walk. These are more up market type of shops then you see in the downtown area. There is also a pizza hut and KFC close by, if you have a longing for that type of food.

Room Tip: My room was a double and was very spacious
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TudorKing
Philippe B, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Warm Greetings from Hotel Yak & Yeti!

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting our high class services and facilities.

Your 5 star rating is highly appreciated by our team and will definitely motivate us to serve you even better.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a very good hotel. The service is excellent, the location is unbeatable and the rooms are very nice. My only negative comment is the beds are too hard.

I stayed on the fourth floor. There is a breakfast/happy hour room on that floor, overlooking the garden. It's a great spot for breakfast and also for happy hour. All the food is included in the price of the hotel. You pay extra for alcohol. I don't think every floor has this feature. It's worth asking for.

You can't go wrong here. It really is a very nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden. Also ask for a room on a club floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MadameLasagna
Philippe B, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2015

Warm Greetings from Hotel Yak & Yeti!

Thank you for taking time to express your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.However, had you told about your discomfort to the Housekeeping Department or the Guest Relation Executive, they would have rectified it then and there.

Upon your next visit, please do ask to meet the General Manager to ensure that your stay is comfort and memorable one.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in not the distant future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have just returned from my stay in The Yak and Yeti I was there for two nights at the start and two nights at the end of my trip in late Oct early Nov. The Hotel is lovely its not 5 star though its very old fashioned and dated but this adds to its character. We had a lovely view of the back garden with the ducks geese wandering around . The room was clean and the bed very cosy and we found no fault there. We did have a major compliant about the food on the buffet. The quality and selection of food was really great although we found that all the food was cold. There is no heat under the Bain Marie to keep the food warm so no matter what time you arrive down for your Breakfast ,Dinner its cold We thought if we came at 7pm on the dot in the evening the food would be piping hot. Not so, I don't get why they would set out lovely food and expect people to eat it cold. This seems to be quite the trend in Nepal as most hotels we stayed in had the same regime, Weird.!

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear have a lovely view of the garden and pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

hey i think this is the best hotel of kathmandu.. nic location.. nic food.. amazing casino..
i love casino if you want to enjoy casino in kathmandu then go for this property only..
you'll definitely enjoy, a little bit extra expensive then other same category hotel's nearby but worth it!!!

Room Tip: food is not that good.. its gud but not excellent but rest of all the thins amazing
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anp_gyl
Philippe B, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Warm Greetings from Hotel Yak & Yeti!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful feedback regarding our hotel.

Thank you for highlighting our high class services and facilities.
Upon your next visit to Yak & Yeti Hotel , please meet the General Manager to advice any aspect that the hotel needs to improvise on.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the only hotel I've stayed in in Katmandu so I have no basis for comparison. The hotel is billed as 5-star but it's not close. I stayed there twice and both times the rooms smelled very moldy. There was mold in the bathroom and on the shower curtain. The furniture was well worn and the beds were well slept in, with divots in the mattresses. Some of the electrical outlets were cracked or broken and many of the light bulbs were burned out.
On the plus side, the grounds are lovely. The buffet- style restaurant has reasonably good food for all meals. It's a bit difficult to be served bottled water but we managed. The lobby is nice and expansive and for the most part the staff is friendly. When we were there there must have been about 15 trekking groups all trying to get to Lukla to begin the Everest trek. The bell staff was amazing at juggling the people, luggage, and transportation.
All in all a decent stay but don't buy into the advertising.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer wing. I hear they are nicer than what we had.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends