Radisson Hotel Kathmandu
$27
$22
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
$11
$73
$64
HotelQuickly
1,162 results
All reviewsnew wingworld expeditionsolive gardenmain buildingbusiness tripbreakfast buffethouse keepingcomfortable staydecent hoteltravel deskrooms are spaciousgyminternetlazimpatdoormantaxistrek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Unlike other hotels in the radisson chain this hotel was just satisfactory.In the old block the AC was not working which is very unlike radisson.In the new block the house keeping was very slow.The food was good otherwise.It is located near the main city itself.Otherwise the hotel as such has been very slow in service and not that of a five star level.

Room Tip: I suggest people coming through travel agencies to book rooms in the new block.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staying in downtown Kathmandu ie Thamel can be intimidating experience. As a regular vistor, I would advise against it. A good option is the Radisson in the Lazimpat area. It has good staff, great rooms and even good food. The rooms are big and clean, as are the bathrooms. It is of course on the pricier side of things but what I love about the place the most is it's location. You can easily walk to Thamel or Darbar Marg. But there's also a lot of great shopping right outside the hotel that is really, really good value. There's coffee shops and a great Irish Pub down the road too.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

In May 2014 we had been to Nepal and first destination being Kathmandu we booked in Radisson. Having stayed in various Radisson properties elsewhere this one was a disappointment.
The hotel has two parts new and old. We were fortunate to get rooms in new wing. Still the rooms were average in all aspects. The old wing however had a big issue of bad odour everywhere. The restaurant service and food quality and taste was all very disappointing. The road in between two wings is busy and it is not a great idea to keep going from one to other wing for all services like food, health club etc. we had gone with some expectations of the class of Radisson but it was not even close to one. For business visit still it may be a good place for a day or two however for tourism it is better to stay at grand Hyatt instead.

Room Tip: New building
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Radisson buffet is spectacular too....the dishes are well prepared and surprisingly more locals find their way into this very good quality nepalese hotel.
Buffet and dinner are popular. The high quality is appreciated as food culture is important in Nepal. Location is maybe easier to find than other important fancy lunch places. I was invited by a good friend who likes to go himself and know this is his favourite food wise. Welcome to all visitors to enjoy Nepal and eat the delicious soups and starters as well as very well coocked international and national dishes. Namaste

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014

OCTOBER 2007
The service, people, etc.- there was absolutely nothing to complain about. They have hundreds of people in and out all the time, yet at breakfast (I had been on a 12 day trek and had only stayed there one night and eaten the one breakfast prior to heading out), one of the servers handed me the beautifully cooked omelette I had not seen at the 1st breakfast (I ended up having a beautifully cooked scrambled egg). I had only made a passing comment to him like "Oh, I wished I had seen the omelette". He replied "maybe you can choose that when you return". He actually remembered and walked up to me with the plate. At the desk I was having a conversation about the different money and I casually remarked that I had different pockets in my bag for different money. They handed me some envelopes and wrote on them, USD, Thai Bacht, Nepalese Rupee. When I arrived there, my card key broke whilst in the door, no problem - nothing was a problem - they were such lovely people and again, the service was perfect.

Room Tip: This room had already been chosen as part of my trip. I would not have chosen a better room where my budget was concerned - I was only there 2 nights and I felt so comfortable and safe - This was my second trip to Nepal, in October 2007. The 1st one was in October 2000 and the service was great then as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo