“A Haven after 3 star hotels”

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed December 31, 2013

A world class hotel with an expected standard which it delivered. The rooms were generous, clean spacious bathrooms and nice goodies. We stayed on the Club floor, it was wonderful , great drinks, tasty food with big windows , portals into the surrounding neighbours and Stupas.

Staff were helpful and accomodating, the hotel bus downtown was appreciated.

Location wise , it is out of the noise and traffic , actually a quite haven after lots of travelling.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Regency K, Director of Marketing at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. At Hyatt we take pride in the services we offer and your recognition motivates us to strive harder for excellence. It is indeed very heartening to know that you have had a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the overall services and the ambience of the hotel.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel for another relaxing stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Came to the hotel with a travel group. Was a great hotel. Chef was very accomodating to my diet. I dont like Indian food but they had excellent pan friend trout. One night I wasnt feeling well and I ordered soup. I didnt like it as it was very salty. I didnt complain as it was just a matter of taste. When I tried to pay my bill they asked me why I didnt eat the soup.I explained and they wanted to get me something else. I mentioned i wasnt feeling well and I really wasnt inthe mood to order something else. They were so nice . They adjusted my bill and deduted the soup. I was very impressed. the next day the chef came over to me to see if I liked my order for that night. was very nice of him. Rooms were clean and spacious. Oh, great spa. Had a fantastic massage.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Hyatt Regency K, Director of Marketing at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us and I do hope this revert finds you in the best of health. We shall definitely share your positive feedback on our associates willingness to assist you when you were sick and on the treatment you had at our spa.

Furthermore your comment about your dietary requirement is noted and it is our endeavor as a hotel to ensure we are able to cater to all guests from around the world. Happy to know the pan fried trout was appreciated.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and I do hope we can have the opportunity to serve you in one of our Hyatt hotels soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed on points and were not disappointed. How this is a Cat 1 is beyond me. just beautiful hotel and amazing staff. Breakfast was great. Very safe to walk to the Stupta and around the general neighborhood. This is the nicest hotel in Kathmandu but apparently a new Marriott will be opened in a year or so. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It was supposed to be at the Hyatt on the day of the election but there was no transport. I contacted to ask if they could help, what a surprise to find not only could they not help but were rude as well. Eventually the bell boy at the hotel I had stayed at carried my bag and guided me through the back way to the Hyatt a 30 min walk. We arrived at the back entrance to be told to walk over another mile to get to the front door. Luckily he argued with security and persuaded them to let us in. When I got to the front desk again I met the same off hand manner no help with my bags just given the key ang pointed to the lifts. the Resturant manged to get me the wrong meal but by this stage I was beyond arguing . Considering everywhere else I travelled in Nepal the staff and service couldn't do enough to help I would suggest you look to another hotel if you want service.

Room Tip: Choose another 5 star if you must
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clarky57
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Firstly it's close to the airport and about 5 km from the city which can take you a long while given the traffic conditions there . The restaurants are nothing great and so was the bar. Choices are few but the service very attentive. Little to do in the evenings once you are back. There is a casino attached to the hotel which was rather small and deserted at least when I went to take a look. The biggest negative of the place was the internet. Very slow and good enough just to surf wave pages . Though they call it high speed and charge usd 15 per day a speed test revealed less than 100 Kbps . So forget any work uses of the Internet. The car service is outsourced and pricing is not standardized I paid 9000 npr on day one for going outside Kathmandu but the next day my colleague got one for 600 npr per hour but inside Kathmandu . The difference is rather large I thought . For a very strange reason they refuse to change 500 inr notes to npr though the casino is happy to change. It's better to change inr in Nepal rather than usd given npr is fixed at 1.6 to inr. Usd rates are all over and rather expensive.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bluessp
Reviewed December 26, 2013

With brand name like Hyatt, its not worth. It is close to airport but away from main area Durbar Marg. Hotel amenities are old and not as expected. There is no escorting to room when you check even though you are staying in Suite or Club room. During our checkin our bed side light was not working and during our stay room phone stopped working. Buffy breakfast was good and Regency Club lounge is good if you are staying in club room/suite. Toilet size is good in Club Rooms.

Room Tip: Club room facing swimming pools are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sanjay1905

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and on our hotel’s own feedback survey. As reverted to you earlier we do apologize for the service issues you encountered during your stay. We shall definitely look to work on implementing your suggestions on our survey and also happy to know that you liked our breakfast offering at our Regency Club Lounge.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us on your next visit to Kathmandu and do look forward to making the experience a pleasant one.

With best regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Regency, Kathmandu for 2 nights in mid December for business visit. Palace style architect, huge lawns, good choice of menu, scenic location and proximity to airport are key factors. It's a good place to stay if you looking to stay away from chaotic Kathmandu. Folks who are looking for modern facility may be disappointed but frankly speaking the old look of the hotel has it's own charm.

Watching sunrise every morning from the room's window was an experience of it's kind.

Transport to popular places such as Thamel (market with local shops and pubs), King's Palace, Pashupati Nath temple, etc are easily available at the rate of USD 6/hour.

If i ever have to travel to Kathmandu again, this property will be my first choice.

Rating: 4.5/5

Room Tip: Since the hotel in in valley, therefore all the room's got good view of Himalayas. You may opt t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. As a hotel located on nearly 37 acres of landscaped gardens we do feel privileged to offer our guests the serenity that is wanting in the current day chaotic Kathmandu as you have stated. With such scenic locale where we overlook Boudhanath Stupa, one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Kathmandu and a weather which is very pleasant, a sunrise as you have explained can be a very pleasant experience.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,