“Peaceful stay in chaotic city!”

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Ranked #33 of 205 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I really have no desire to return to Kathmandu! The most lovely people living in complete chaos.
I chose to stay at Hyatt as they had a spa and i was in need after a 12 day trek to base camp Everest.
I was staying on my own and felt completely safe. Staff were professional. I ate at the pool and food was good. Evening i had room service which was prompt and good.
It appeared to me quite a business style hotel but was set back from the road and nice and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TreatmentRooms
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Kathmandu

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My brother and I stayed at the Hyatt in Kathmandu for a total of three nights on our way up to Lukla and on the way back. We stayed at this property in 2010 and the service is still superb especially in the dining room. Their breakfast buffet is excellent with a wide variety of choices to satisfy even the most intrepid. The rooms are getting a bit old and jaded. The chain should really consider refreshing the rooms. My only complaint was the room key card. I think during our stay, the key card only worked once properly. Generally, you have to stand there and swipe as many aa 10 times before the lock would open. The front desk is VERY aware of the problem. I overheard several guests complaining of the same issue. I still recommend this hotel as the one to stay in Kathmandu and their close proximity to Boudhnath stupa makes it very special.

Room Tip: Ask for a Stupa view room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CBSCOR
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently returned from Nepal and in Kathmandu I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
A beautiful Hotel and a great location close to the Boudha Stupa. The rooms are
very comfortable and the beds heavenly. The hotel lobby is worth a visit alone.
The hotel has an italian restaurant which serves the most delicious food, but it is pricey.
The staff are delightful and nothing was too much.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Holidays2011_01_02
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just finished a 5 night stay at the Hyatt and was overall satisfied with my stay. I was originally placed in the same hallway as the aircrews and the noise made by the hotel cleaning staff after the crews checked out was absolutely miserable. Amazing that cleaning crews were not aware that they should not be slamming doors at 11:00 in the evening. After complaining the front desk moved me to a much quieter room which made my remaining stay very pleasant. The front desk staff and morning breakfast buffet staff were outstanding. I had dinner one evening at the Rox Restaurant and felt the menu choices were minimal and prices were high. I enjoyed the location since it was a 5 minute walk to the famous Stupa. Overall, I would recommend the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not stay in the same wing where the aircrews stay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BangkokRon
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in a great location. We were away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to get to the center. Returning to peace and tranquility made for a great vacation. The staff were very helpful and assisted us in planning activities. Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: rooms with the stupa view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Satisfied601
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Super Great experience . Never ever have seen so beautiful hotel. The staff and the service was extraordinary. Cozy neat and clean room. Very polite and helpful staff. They make you feel like heaven. Hyatt needs to build more properties like this.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Superdisc
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel staff is fabulous. Very helpful and friendly.
However, the TV's are outdated and showers in most rooms have a slight technical problem with water containment.

First check in - upon landing in Kathmandu.
The cosy environment of the Regency Club against the cold outside, made sure that we stayed indoors. The staff was very accommodating with our queries and even ensured that we got to the Buddha Stupa near by, the easiest way.

Second check in - upon return from Pokhara
Flights are often delayed in Kathmandu in winters especially. We reached late but the staff on the 6th floor ensured that we were relaxed. Got the room of our choice. The in-room dinning is limited in options but service is good.

Third check in - upon flight cancellation of onward journey
This was a surprise. Our flight was cancelled with no hope of any flight the next day. We decided to go back to the hotel and figure out our plan.
The hotel staff was super accommodating. Prabhin especially checked up on us and invited us back to the 6th floor and offered to make us comfortable till we finalize our flight schedule. Upon check in again [without a reservation] they gave us the same room rate and a better room, this time. We were pleasantly surprised for the hotel's hospitality.

If I end up in Kathmandu again, I'm staying here for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple