Hotel Annapurna
$122
Radisson
$102
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$163
$240
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdurbar margindian restaurantclub roomroyal palacehappening placeswimming poolbusiness tripfront office stafffive star hotelhotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorthe heart of the cityhouse keepingroom service isthe hotel staffnice place to staycomfortable stay
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel after 5 years. This time I am in club floor thier new property which is very nice and modern with all the facilities. They serve breakfast in the separate lounge evening cocktail is very good. Special thanks to club floor staff ashma, samjhana, anju, shristi grishmaa and anju for their hospitality. Keep up with the same service level.

• Stayed: March 2014
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for the feedback of your stay on Tripadvisor !
We are happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations; our Club Rooms with its additional services have been designed to offer luxurious comfort to ease your stay.
We thank you for appreciating the services delivered by our team at the Club Floor, your appreciation of our service is very motivating for the team.
Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Dear Friends,

I was at Kathmandu, Nepal for a business trip from 28th Feb 2014 to 3rd March, 2014 and stayed at Hotel Annapurna which is a five star property but this Hotel does not have any noticeable thing to be called a five star excepting its location which is heart of the city.

Its a very big valley and almost nil snow fall so the days are generally not very cool excepting when you have rains there. Medium woolen are good enough.

The rooms and the toilets are small and communication facility such as wi-fi etc. which is limited to one person per room which is ridicules.

Its Casino is just hopeless and shabby, food is ok.

Besides above I visited Pashupati Nath temple, Syambhu temple and Basant Nagar which is old and ancient Kathmandu and Thamel which is shopping paradise for foreigners.

The city lacks the basic infrastructure, small airport (the only international Airport in Nepal) most roads are in very bad shape, though some widening of roads is going on, and lot of electricity shortage. even proper taxis are very limited.

Not a bad place for going once, casino lovers will find this city very attractive and cheap one can easily pass 5-6 hours time in 4-5 thousand local currency which includes food and drink and few stage shows.

Since I could not go for any tracking expedition so no idea of this place infrastructure and facilities related to this.

Any ways worth visiting at least once.

Bye Happy travelling.

Rajeev

Room Tip: No experienced this way so I can not comment on this.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rajeev712
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Greetings from Annapurna!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.

Our heritage rooms are equipped with all the modern amenities complimented by the heritage interior and we are also carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our hotel so that we are able to better serve the needs of our valued guest. Allow me to inform you that for all our club rooms complimentary Wi-Fi is for two or more than two log-in per room and also for base category of rooms we are working on the same for our corporate guests.

We have also noted your comment regarding the casino - though it is inside the premises of our hotel it is run by a different management - however we have forwarded your feedback to the Casino Management

I shall be happy if you could let me know about your next visit and look forward to welcome you in near future.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is probably one of the most expensive hotels in Nepal. We have decided to stay here as Hyatt was fully booked. We were given a standard room first. It was like a 2 star hotel room. They were helpful at the reception though and upgraded our room to a deluxe room. They tried to charge extra $30 the next morning. That was another argument that I needed to make. They waived the charge at the end. They wanted to charge extra $15 (per day) for the internet even though it was stated as free on the website. I had to argue with them once again to get it free. It was a challenge to get regular 4-5 star facilities at this hotel. There are some positive sides to the hotel though. Employees at the reception were helpful. I believe they are used to similar guest reactions. Breakfast was also good. Location of the hotel is excellent. I believe they need to lower room prices as anyone would expect better quality for the amount paid.

Room Tip: I can't compare this hotel to others as it is my first time in Kathmandu but if you decide to stay here, I suggest that you see your room first and try to get a deluxe room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Namaste!!!
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry to read about your recent experience with us. I have personally reviewed your feedback with my team, please allow us to clarify that your reservation was done through a travel agent in our Heritage Rooms - so we are not sure how much the agent must have charged you, and there is a difference of rates in our Heritage & Deluxe Rooms and am glad that you decided to take our Deluxe Rooms. Our Wi-Fi is free under our corporate packages but for other packages we do charge a very minimum charge for the internet, let me also inform you that our Heritage Rooms will be undergoing extensive development which is scheduled to happen very soon.
I m glad that you have noted our positive sides as well let me reassure you that our team is dedicated to upholding and delivering the premium service expected of our hotel. We will continue to work on improving our service and your valuable feedback helps us in this respect.

Should you visit Kathmandu again in the future, please let me know sampurna.pande@annapurna.com.np ,so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a nice place located in the most happening part of Kathmandu - Durbar Marg. The staff is very friendly and look after the guests well. I stay here every time I visit Kathmandu and love this place. Room service is also very quick. Food is great. Breakfast is at the coffee shop and is excellent. Wi-Fi works great, speed is good and connectivity is not an issue. Overall a nice comfortable place to stay in Kathmandu.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pulkit K
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Greetings from Annapurna!!!!

Thank you for your appreciation of our hotel and services of our staff. We are very conveniently located right in the heart of Kathmandu and very near to major points of interest in the city.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you again and again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 3 occasions recently. Each time the staff looked after us well and all our meals were taken at one of the hotel's restaurants.
On each stay our room got better, with our final checkin giving us a lovely suite overlooking the grassed area and pool.
We have nothing but praise for the staff, service and food we experienced while staying there, but would advise anyone to avoid the gift shop opposite reception at all costs.
We purchased a number of items, all of which we found out later were so much cheaper elsewhere. e.g. T-shirts that we paid US$10 for, we found exactly the same product for US$2.50 elsewhere. We were also charged $100 more than the quoted price on a necklace, which wasn't discovered until we returned home and checked our credit card statement. Add to this the exchange rate we were given, which was very poor. Unfortunately we were in a bit of a rush as our driver arrived early and we needed to leave for our next destination. With the charged amount in rupees, we were unaware that we had been overcharged.
We realise we should have been more diligent at the time, but everything else about the hotel was good and we didn't expect to get ripped off.
We did email the hotel about what happened but received no reply.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Namaste!!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the overall service and the ambiance of our hotel,and were happy with the rooms and the food served at the restaurants.
We continually strive to provide the highest standards of service. Safety and security of our guest is our main concern, allow me to inform you that we have not yet received any of your e-mails till date regarding the gift shop, if you could mark a copy of the e-mail to me sampurna.pande@annapurna.com.np - I will personally look into it.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and I truly hope we may have this privilege again.