Hotel Annapurna
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Durbar Hotel(Kathmandu)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Aster Hotel Nepal(Kathmandu Valley)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdurbar margindian restaurantclub roomroyal palacehappening placeswimming poolbusiness tripfront office stafffive star hotelhotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorthe heart of the cityhouse keepingroom service isthe hotel staffnice place to staycomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was my third visit to Annapurna to attend a business meeting held in the hotel. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, smiling service and two excellent restaurants as well as a coffee shop. I stayed in 2057- which was quiet, the wi fi worked, amenities were very good and the mattress excellent- very comfortable sleep. This is a deluxe room- and worth it at about 110 USD. I do not recommend the standard rooms on the ground floor near the lobby. what really stood out were the two restaurants- we had business dinners and I especially liked the Chinese restaurant which also had healthy steamed offerings. Breakfast every morning at the coffee shop was unremarkable- the Indian fare on offer is unrefined and avoidable. But with fruit and an omelette - no major complaints. The gym is basically a small room crammed with machines- overlooking the pool. However the treadmill works, there are basic weights and a couple of other machines on offer. Located a 7 minute walk from Thamel on Durbar marg- it is easy to nip into Thamel for different kinds of food or shopping. I would not stay here on holiday as the hotel lacks old world charm or modern sophistication - but will certainly be back for business.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor. It is worth paying the supplement for a deluxe room over a standard room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the food and services at our Ghar e’ Kabab (Indian) & Arniko Room (Chinese) and have also noted your comments of our Indian breakfast - we have choice of one South Indian and one North Indian Dish which is being changed on regular basis, and on guest request we do serve from our a la carte menu also. We are glad that your stay in our Deluxe Room was comfortable and you slept well; let me also inform you that our Heritage Rooms and the Fitness Centre will be undergoing extensive development which is scheduled to happen very soon.
I am happy to note that you enjoyed your overall experience at our Hotel Annapurna. Do give us an opportunity to be of your service again in future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Deerwalk's executives have been staying at Hotel de l'Annapurna whenever they visit Kathmandu and all of them have commended the great service provided by the hotel. Rudra Pandey, Executive Chairman of Deerwalk, has this to say on the experience: "I am thankful to the entire crew of Hotel de l'Annapurna for the excellent hospitality that they have been extending toward me and my colleagues."

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Greetings from Annapurna!!!
Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your guest at our hotel. Would also like to thank Mr.Pandey for his encouraging comments about our service - your comments has encouraged the whole team to strive for better.
Our entire team would like to thank you for your comments. It is our pleasure to have your guests stay with us, and I truly hope to have this privilege always.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went to Kathmandu on work. A lot of my colleagues who went to Kathmandu stayed in Annapurna and when it was time for me to go there, they recommended that I choose the same hotel. I booked the hotel online. The booking is hassle free with correct charges mentioned. They sent us all the responses over email promptly and our booking was done in no time.

I landed in Kathmandu at about 10 in the night. It was freezing cold in the month of December and the international airport was deserted. Annapurna sent their cab for pickup on time as they promised. I didn't have to wait for even a minute and I was on my way to the hotel. The hotel is located on Durbar Marg (King's way) which is a very nice place to hang in Kathmandu. It very nicely decorated and the ambiance was nice and warm. The front desk was extremely courteous and welcoming. I was given my room and all the things including my luggage was taken care of. I enter my room and I find a note on my table welcoming me to stay with them, nice flowers in vase, fruits and cookies laid on the table. Very nice touch!

Complimentary Breakfast: The breakfast was complimentary. The breakfast was buffet type and there were variety of options to choose from. Starting from South Indian to American, everything was available. The service was prompt and the staff was very well trained.

Wednesday pool side party: This was a very unique thing done by Annapurna team. Every Wednesday, they organize a pool side party and invite all the guests. There is a theme for the snacks and alcohol is being served. The entire management of Annapurna gets together and interacts with every guest to talk to them in general and see if they can be served better. It is a great event and guests have a great time. I usually had lot of work and hence missed most of their events but I did make it to two of them and they were amazing!

Housekeeping: I would specially like to mention about their housekeeping staff. Extremely friendly and adorable ladies! They almost cried the day I checked out after staying there for a month!

Pricing: The standard rooms are charged at 100USD/night. A little too high if you plan to stay for long but the service is at par with the rates asked.

All in all, a great experience because of all the pampering and special attention! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amrita_Banerjee
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Greetings from Annapurna!

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
Here at Hotel Annapurna, we try to make sure that all our guests feel right at home from the moment they enter our premises, to the time they leave. We continually strive to provide the highest standards of service but it means a great deal to learn from you that we have succeeded in some measure to do this.
On behalf of all of us at the Annapurna, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here during two of my trips to Kathmandu city during last December. This hotel is well situated in the heart of Durbar Margh with walking distances to chain restaurants and Thamel itself! I stayed in the Deluxe room and although the rooms were big enough, it didn't project the feel of a deluxe room a 5 star hotel would project. The amenities were adequate and the layout was ok but nothing much. The club rooms are way better, expensive it may be but it is definitely worth trying out! The staff in the club lounge were excellent.
I would definitely recommend the Juneli bar in the evening. Apart from selling the single malt imported whiskeys the whole feel to the bar is great - welcoming and at the same time gives you the posh feeling that you are somewhere other than Nepal!
One minor complain I would also point out - Wifi connection! In today's world and the need for internet plus looking at the hotels' stature, they still dish out Wifi coupons. Common'! This needs serious looking into.
Apart from that quiet, luxurious and a fruitful experience at Hotel Annapurna!
I would definitely come back but take a room in the Club lounge!

Room Tip: Club rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Namaste!!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are delighted to know that you were happy with the services of our Club Floor and have also recommended our Juneli Bar and its ambience.
We shall definitely look into your feedback of our Deluxe Rooms and work on the amenities and décor and we do respect your view pertaining to Wi-Fi Coupons and have already started to look for an alternate way in providing Wi-Fi coupons so that we are better able to serve the needs of our guests.
We continually strive to provide the highest standards of service, it means a great deal to learn we have succeeded in some measure to do this. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and I truly hope we may have this privilege again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one week and I really enjoyed it. It is a large hotel right on downtown Kathamandu, walking distance from Thamel, a touristic district of Kathmandu. The bedrooms were quite large with AC/Heating, nice amenities and a comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One night a person next to my room had his TV with loud music so i called to complain the manager told me he'll look into that. 15 minute later he called me again and to check whether the noise had stopped -it didn't- so the manager came and talked to this person and noise was over. Breakfast was good, they have a variety of things. There are two on-site restaurants, one that serves Nepalese/Hindu food and the other Asian-Chinesse. The Hindu restaurant was good. I didn't like the Chinese restaurant. But there are other several places around within walking distance.
There is a large swimming pool and tables around that one can enjoy when weather is good. They also have a large patio that is frequently used for weddings and parties. So be aware if you have a room facing the patio, in particular on the weekends it could get noisy.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing patio/pool are nice, but check with the hotel if they have scheduled weddings/parties during your stay, it could be noisy (but usually parties don't last all night).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Annapurna!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were delighted with our overall facilities and services, your comments has encouraged the whole team to strive for better.
We have also noted your comments on noise, we try our best to keep the noise level low and do not allow the music to go on till late in guest areas.
Thank you once again for your feedback, our entire team and I look forward to your continued visits.