Hotel Annapurna
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Durbar Hotel(Kathmandu)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Aster Hotel Nepal(Kathmandu Valley)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdurbar margindian restaurantclub roomroyal palacehappening placeswimming poolbusiness tripfront office stafffive star hotelhotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorthe heart of the cityhouse keepingroom service isthe hotel staffnice place to staycomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having had many business trips to Nepal, I have had the opportunity to look for the best place to suit the business needs in what can be a tricky country to participate in
I found this hotel to be responsive to business needs, in particular value for money when running a seminar and comfortable in regard to food and rest.
It is also central to many activities

Room Tip: Middle level rooms are OK where there is an external window that can be opened to circumvent too much air conditioning
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had booked this Hotel after reading some very good reviews and also since it happens to be near the Palace so would be high on security. On arrival from Mumbai, we were offered Welcome drinks. Our stay here was divided into two phases, first being the overnight halt from where we proceeded to Pokhara and then 2 nights on return. We were five families on a group tour. At both times, the reception messed up the bookings and in spite of being very clear during the bookings and even after reminding after the first booking debacle, they placed us all on different floors at two ends of the lobbies. We had kids in our group and you could imagine the time we had trying to contain them in the rooms when they all wanted to play together. The view from the rooms both times were practically nothing.The in house Kebab restaurant took forever to cook simple preparations. The staff at the reception and restaurant were very curt in their replies. And the worst of all was having roaches in the bathroom and murky water in the tub!!! Even on complaining to the staff, they were nonchalant of the same. However, the breakfast spread was good enough and the staff at the breakfast tale was quiet attentive.
We understand that this is a Third World country, coming from neighboring India, but believe me the other places we stayed at in Nepal were really charming and callous attitude and unclean bathrooms cannot be excusable. The only saving grace was the warm interiors and the location I guess. However I wouldn't recommend this place again, there's definitely much more better in the market at better rates.

Room Tip: Get a better hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I would say this is not the place to stay if u r looking for comfort and facilities. it was told to me as one of the best hotels in Kathmandu but the entry into the room shattered all my dreams. By no means it was near to 'heritage room' as it was billed. it was a very small room with poor lighting. Overall ambience of the entrance to the hotel is very nice but once you enter your room it feels you are in a two star.
internet charges at the hotel are exorbitant - around 300 NR per hour if i remember well.
Coming to the positives. the Hotel is located in the centre of City so very easy to commute from here. The food - specially the indian food- was fabulous. Buffet breakfast also had very good variety.
I would definitely try some other hotel when I visit there next

Room Tip: I dont know about deluxe rooms but avoid heritage
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here very long back on Feb 14th to 19th,1998..its a property of Taj Group of Hotels. Our stay at the Heritage Suite was absolutely wonderful. The suite was really perfect, exactly what we needed. Casino at de l'Annapurna attracts a huge crowd and open all night with live music and girls dancing!!.

At the hotel, they arranged for a 2 days trip to Pokhra @ Fish Tail Lodge with a private car which was really amazing. Also they arranged for a visit to Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world through a charter flight of Royal Nepal Airline. A breathtaking mountain flight, an hour flight over the Mountains to the Everest & back. We sure come back to this splendid hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bala26
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You do not get what you pay for- it's expensive because they know Westerns will stay there for the Western comforts. The outside furnishings and building is beautiful but you are not staying in the lobby... I booked it as a treat after trekking for weeks. It's the same price as a Hilton but there is no free internet, the bathroom tub was dirty, linens had stains, shower was NOT that hot and overall I felt like I did not get what I paid for. To spend that kind of money in Kathmandu and get what I got was disappointing. I upgraded for the business package to get the late checkout of 2pm and airport shuttle. The buffet breakfast at the Coffee Shop was very good however it took us 2 1/2 hours to get our EXPENSIVE food at the bar (expensive by Western definition!!). The service was terrible and the food too expensive for what you are getting. Go out for food and stay at another place knowing your are paying less and probably getting the same quality. I was at another guest house before and learned that looks can be deceiving at this place.

Room Tip: Not worth the money for the upgrade for breakfast- it's cheaper to get a cab to another local place with better food, atmosphere and price!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends