Hotel Annapurna
$101
$91
$140
$119
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
$163
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$135
  • Pool
All reviewsdurbar margindian restaurantclub roomroyal palacehappening placeswimming poolbusiness tripfront office stafffive star hotelhotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorthe heart of the cityhouse keepingroom service isthe hotel staffnice place to staycomfortable stay
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed for sometime in one of the recently refurbished rooms. it was spacious, comfortable everything worked just fine. We were on a corporate rate so got some services we didn't have to pay for directly. The staff go out of their way to look after you. There an't many hotels, anywhere, where it is possible to spend a lot of time actually in the room - I was working there, but had no problems. It was wedding season and almost every night there were receptions outside, but the sound proofing of the windows was good and besides the celebrations all ended early and were a joy to watch, a blaze of color. It is hotel that holds a lot of functions and receptions and has guests from all over the world staying there. A choice of restaurants we ate mostly in the Coffee Shop. One small problem we encountered was dealt with efficiently. The reception staff are clued in and communication was good. Excellent stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor overlooking the garden and the swimming pool. I guess if during wedding season if the celebrations mights disturb you then get a room not facing the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed at Hotel de l'Annapurna for two nights after my trek in the Everest region.
On the plus side, the hotel is in a central location and they were able to provide me with a room without too much waiting time when I arrived from the Lukla flight at 9am. Also, the food at the on-site Chinese restaurant was very nice and the bed was comfortable.
However, I have no idea how this hotel received and maintains five stars. The water out of the tap was a yellow-brownish color, the A/C was incredibly noisy, and both the the bathroom and the bedroom were infested with cockroaches of all sizes. WiFi was too expensive at about 10 Euros per day and kept dropping out (as did the TV reception) and as a final insult the boxed breakfast on departure day contained almost uncooked "hard-boiled" eggs.
Bottom line, the hotel would have been OK at 20 USD and 2 stars but at this price, with these many stars I expect much better quality and service.
If you're looking for a great hotel with real five star quality I recommend Dwarika's hotel instead, even if it's a little more expensive.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

In about two weeks, we will be back in the Annapurna hotel. All previous stays were very good, rooms, service, breakfast, etc !!!! Now the rooms are renovated, and we will stay in one of these renovated rooms. I will post a review after our trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank santa4
Reviewed October 7, 2011

With the best of coziness, characteristic and mystic culture of Nepal, Annapurna Hotel gives the best of 5 star hospitality at the center of Kathmandu. Durbar Marg is one of the most busiest of the places in Kathmandu with shops selling branded items, discos, eateries and many more to roam and search the place for.

The cozy interior as soon as one enters the premise gives a tradition feel of the country. With best of 5 star offerings, toppings and best of locations, Annapurna not just provides the best of foods and splendid suits it also gives warm but top of the world feelings deep within.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South open up to balcony giving a splendid night sky views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Annapurna a number of times over the last few years. It is not yet a five star hotel, but judging by the continuing activities and the attitudes of the staff it will soon achieve these goals. The pool has been recentally refurbished and is a delight. A swim and drinks by the poolside, weather permitting, was one of the pleasures of my most recent trip. Our 3rd floor room was spacious and pleasant with a view over the pool. Everything was clean, adequate toiletries, good cable TV, tea coffee and minibar. My requests for additional chairs, lights etc were quickly accommodated. During a previous stay I recall they even supplied a comfortable office style chair on my request, which made working from my room much nicer. Big negative is the overpriced Wi-Fi service, about $15.50/day including service charges and VAT. If you only need casual email updates, use one of the free services in town. When I upbraided the front desk about this cost, they were very apologetic and claimed they were locked into a deal with a third party supplier and would try to sort this out in a month or two when the service was renegotiated. All other aspects of staffing were excellent. They were helpful and ever present. There always seemed to be someone in the corridors if you were fumbling for a key. Room service was OK, the Asian dishes being a better choice than the western ones. The Indian style restaurant is excellent, although tourist priced; the "Chinese" restaurant will disappoint anyone familiar with the real thing; the coffee shop is good value and offers good choices if you don't wish to venture out. The breakfast buffet (included in my room rate) is OK, (scrambled/boiled egss. idli/samba/rice choices) and they will cook eggs to order if you so request. The hotel is centrally located on Durbar Marg, easy walking distance to Thamel. There is an ATM at the entrance to the hotel grounds. I usually bring my wife on my travels and she enjoys her stay there. The combination of price/location/ accomodation meets my needs and I would expect to stay there on my next trip to Kathmandu. One word of caution about Nepal prices, a 10% service charge and a 13% VAT are added to most hotel/restaurant bills, so eveything actually costs about a quarter more than the listed price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business