Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee
The Exotic House(Kathmandu)
Hotel Classic(Kathmandu)
Mandala Boutique Hotel(Kathmandu)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsal frescochina gardengarden terraceindian restaurantduty managerswimming poolold wingnice poolroom servicebreakfast buffetbit datedbeautiful propertythe hotel staffcomfortable stayfront officehouse keepingrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and the accommodation is definitely not equivalent to what you would pay for in other countries. Rooms are dated. Wifi is expensive. Breakfast is okay. Staff service is average. I would recommend the Hyatt, which is in the same price range, over Crowne Plaza.

Stayed: December 2012
nalinma, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu!

We are thankful to you for your patience and taking out time and making us aware of your dissatisfaction thus providing us a great opportunity to improve our offerings.

We have taken note of your comments that you found the room assigned to you was not satisfactory as you found it little old. Whilst we continue to receive generally very positive feedback from our guest about our product and services, it is very unfortunate that on this incident, we have failed to meet your expectation. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
On a separate note, we are pleased to inform you of the fact that we are carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our hotel so that we are better able to serve the needs of our discerning guests.
We have also noted your feedback on charges of our offerings and would like to share that our prices are competitive vis-à-vis similar standard hotels. As a hotel, we just do not provide a product but also an experience and a level of quality that is expected from Crowne Plaza Hotels.

The team at the Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu looks forward to providing you with a much better experience with upgraded room category on your next visit.

General Manager.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel handled an international conference quite well; exceptionally well if you allowed for the fact we were there during the wedding season and the staff were working all hours. The conference facilties are quite reasonable and flexible. We needed both large and small rooms. The accommodation is quite adequate without being exceptional and the restuarants are varied and good to very good.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room facing the very large hotel generators (rear of hotel). You will be thankful they exist in Kathmandu but not enjoy being woken up by them early in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
nalinma, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Soaltee Crowne Plaza!

Thank you so much, we are truly grateful for the kind praise that you have showered on our services. Conferences are events that we always focus on.Your feedback convinced us that we are journeying in the right direction and we are encouraged to continue our special efforts towards corporate events.

Please do book us for similar needs in future; we would love more opportunities of doing our best for you.

General Manager.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Situated a 400 rupee ride from Thamel and a 500 rupee ride from the airport, this hotel is a revelation in downtown Kathmandu. Its grounds and outdoor pool were wonderful and expansive in an otherwise crowded and dirty city.
The service and attention is constant and attentive. The rooms are nice and standard size and ours gave on to the gardens though a wooden carved shade door; a nice touch. The air conditioning was well dosed and worked well. The auxiliary power supply kicked in pormptly after the power shedding occurred as it does every day.
This is part of a convention centre which is off to the side and unobtrusive. The check-in was flawless and included a cool refreshment. The check-out was prompt as well.
The entrance hall is large but low and does not give as good an impression as it should to this wonderful hotel.
The breakfast buffet has everything you could possibly want including indian food and prompt coffee service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 432JamesD
nalinma, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Soaltee Crowne Plaza kathmandu!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Kathmandu.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered. Your detailed feedback on various services of the hotel is extremely useful and indeed very encouraging for our team members to keep working hard to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations with genuinely warm and indigenous Nepalese Hospitality.

We look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all time.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights before heading to Pranayama Yoga retreat (which was amazing). I took a taxi from the airport. The prepaid taxi would have been 800 NPR, but got one out front for 600 NPR (there is an ATM at the airport).

Checkin was smooth with them offering juice at check in. As a Priority Club member (with no status) I received an upgraded room and a box of cookies as an arrival gift.

Room was relatively spacious and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and good. There was also a fruit tray waiting for me in the room. As a PC member, I was allowed late checkout til 2pm based on availability. I did need a late checkout, so this was good.

Day 1, I used the tour desk (there are 2, I used the one on the left) and booked a trip to Nagarkort (sp?) and Bouddnath (sp?) and another old city I can't remember the name of. It was 10k NPR for that. The driver was an hour late due to traffic. While I was disappointed by that, having my own driver for the day was good. I think I could have gotten a better value had I just hired a taxi driver for the day to be honest. The tour wasn't a tour per se - it was just a driver driving me to places and me being on my own when I got there. Which I was ok with - but just be aware.

Day 2, for 700 NPR, I used the hotel car service to take me to the Swayambuth (sp?) - also known as the monkey temple. Good value and why I recommend maybe using the hotel car service as it may be cheaper than the tour desk service was.

Pool opens late (8am) so I didn't use it. The gym had a few treadmills and some free weights and a step machine and another machine. Not great, but decent enough to get a workout in.

Minibar prices are reasonable compared to Western pricing. A coke is 100 NPR, but so is a bag of chips (which says 10 NPR on it).

Ate dinner in the restaurant (they have 5-6 on site i think) - ate at the main lobby one. It was actually pretty decent and good prices by western standards. Had the breakfast buffet - it had a variety of choices and was good, but not outstanding. Again, priced well by western standards. Had room service one night - no complaints. One thing about eating - you have to go off the complex to find local cheap restaurants. Not really a lot within walking distance so i felt it was just easier to eat breakfast and dinner onsite unless you were already off site. At least there are several options available.

Service was very good - staff was pleased to help. Very glad they has hotel car services available and would recommend using them as its easy and reasonably priced.

Would consider staying again if I wanted that experience vs a crappy Kathmandu thamel hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank bhatnasx
nalinma, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu !

Thank you very much for sharing and making us aware of your recent experiences at Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu on Tripadvisor.

We were pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed our product and services. We appreciate your continued loyalty towards IHG brand and let me assure you that it is our utmost focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality.
It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service. I thank you once again for sharing your observations and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu to experience warmth and indigenous Nepalese hospitality.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

As I work for an Airline, I get to visit different county‘s and hotel’s, I recently stayed in Soaltee hotel (crown plaza) in Kathmandu on family holiday with wife and two kids.
Our four days stay was truly wonderful in the busy city, after shopping and sight-seeing all day, it was pleasure to come back to hotel and relax.
Hotel has a remarkable services as well as very polite and helpful staff, from the time we dropped off from our taxi till the time we departed from hotel we were treated like special guests.
The staffs are always ready to go an extra miles to help. The best thing I like about staff, they always greet you in traditional Nepalese style each time you walk pass them, which, makes you feel very valued and special.
Hotel has good selection on breakfast, nice shops, good open swimming pool, relaxing and chilled out bar.
Nice location, close to local amenities.
Special thanks to Reena sherchan who helped us organised our city tour, and helped us to make our stay memorable. Truly a 5*
Will defiantly stay in this hotel again, and will have no hesitation recommending Soaltee hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank krizy
nalinma, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu!

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation and we thank you for sharing such inspirational compliments on Trip Advisor. Your feedback has been shared with Reena who view it as a source of encouragement.

It has always been our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We thank you for your recommendation and support and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Soaltee Crowne Plaza Kathmandu .