“Great Little Pub”

Irish Pub
Ranked #364 of 804 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Irish pub in Lazimpat provides a fabulous atmosphere when you just want to sit down for a Friday night beer. The bar is relaxed and provides a great room to socialise in as well as some private nooks and crannies for those who want some privacy. Bar stools surround the bar to provide extra seating and allow customers to chat to the friendly bartender.
When I inquired about the food not all of the dishes were available. I really wanted the shepherd's pie, but the chef couldn't cook it. I then asked for the Irish stew, but it was also unavailable. In the end, I settled on battered fish and chips. The fish was cooked well and was very nice. However, the batter on both the fish and the chips was too crispy for my liking. There were parts of the fish that I could not cut with my knife.
The drinks selection was extensive. They even have Guiness. However, for 1000 rs ($12) the price is way too expensive for me to try.
The Irish Pub is well worth a visit if you are in Lazimpat and fancy a beer.

2  Thank geelongexpat

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Met the new owners when we wandered in from the Shanker Hotel. Great guys who have a good vision for the place's future. Great service and some of the best bar food I've had anywhere in the world. The place has a good vibe and good prices. It's worth checking out if you are in the area.

2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed January 8, 2013

being right next door to my hotel, we ventured off for some Guniess and a bowl of irish stew. Both were good. Stew was filling and beer was even more filling. It was Christmas eve, and we watched funny videos... like Candid camera, and the place was decorated for the season.

2  Thank cameltoebrewery