“nice silent hostel in the downtown of kathmandu”
Review of Friendship Hostel

Friendship Hostel
and 1 more site!
Friendship Hostel
Ranked #67 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Kathmandu
Gmund, Austria
“nice silent hostel in the downtown of kathmandu”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for six nights and enjoyed the surrounding of the hostel because it is very silent but very close to the main roads of Thamel.
The staffs were very friendly and supported us also to find a good plan for our trekking tour.
All the rooms are nice and offers free WiFi but you have also the electricity and hot water problem of kathmandu in this hostel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank martinafuchs

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Found this hostel online as it was one of the few who offered a free airport pick up, which is rare, trust me. we arrived late and our driver wasn't present but the hotel happily paid for the taxi we took, so it all started well. We stayed 4 nights before going trekking and where very happy. Hot water showers, extremely friendly staff and they even have a travel agency close by. we rented a sleeping bag from them and went off on our trekk. They even stored our luggage for free.
when we returned from our trek a day earlier than planned the guesthouse was full.. no problem.. he got us a cheap room in his friends house. We then stayed for around 4 days in an excellent room right on the roof terrace with a clean hot private shower and big airy windows.
the owner of this place is so helpful and nice and nothing is a problem. we found that his bus rates were the cheapest after checking a few agencies too.
The roof terrace here is great too, a quiet little sunshine haven tucked away down away from crazy stressful Thamel!!!

would seriously recommend this hostel to anyone coming to kathmandu who wants some peace and quiet to escape to after a day walking kathmandu. it may sound like i'm over selling the place but i have stayed in many hostels, not only in nepal and the combination of god roms, friendly/helpful staff defiantely makes this one of my favourite places.

Room Tip: the room upstairs has its own lockable bathroom on the same floor (just outside the room) and practi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amyruth1234
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Originally in Kathmandu a week prior, I stayed in the heart of Thamel, which proved to be too noisy and not a great few nights. Returning a week later from Pokhara I decided to try some back streets just off the main drag of Thamel and found Friendship Hostel - merely a 2 minute walk into the busy centre.

I ended up staying 4 nights at 400 Rupees per night for a double bed room with my own bathroom. The room was small but comfortable and the bathroom was also quite clean. Thankfully it was quiet at night so no problems there.

Unfortunantely though, all four nights I didn't manage to get any hot water for my shower and the wifi did not reach my room at the back of the complex.

On the plus side, the staff were extremely friendly and were more than happy to store my backpack while I traveled to Bahktapur for a few days. In my eyes it was a very pleasant stay and I plan on returning when I get back from Bahktapur.

• Stayed April 2012