“very good choice :D”

Chillout Resort Pvt. Ltd
Ranked #200 of 469 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hotel situated in the heart of Thamel, was recommended to me by m friend.
I spend here one week and I have no complaints. I had good access to wifi, hot water all the time and they have slower energy for light 24 hrs in all rooms.
The personnel was very helpful. They have a very nice roof top restaurant. I always had the hotel´s breakfast in the mornings and amazing dinner with life music in the night.
It is clean hotel with friendly personnel and a nice roof top restaurant. The hotel had arranged a pick-up for me from the airport
I was more than happy to stay here and I be back! for sure in a future :D

2  Thank janathan H

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Confortable big rooms and good price . Very nice roof top with a restaurant and many diferent plants where you can spend tthe time eating, meeting people, relaxing. The staff is very nice, friendly and helpfull. WiFi in the rooms and also in the roof top. And there is electricity 24 hours!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here around 12 days, I got Giardia when I got back from trekking and the staff was nothing but accommodating the entire stay. Super helpful guys and pleasant to deal with, Price was reasonable as well.

2  Thank nikolai W
Reviewed April 29, 2013

During my months stay in Nepal I used Chillout resort as a base to travel from. It should be remembered that Chillout caters for the budget traveller and by Kathmandu standards I found my accomodation quite adequate, having my own shower and toilet and spacious room. If you prefer 5 star facilities then book into a five star hotel and pay the price. Initially I asked for a different room on a higher floor and the management were quite happy to accomodate me. During my stay all the members of the staff from the management down did everything in their power to look after me and aid me in whatever way possible, be it finding restuarants, seeing the sights in Kathmandu, finding a reputable trekking company or helping me get from A to B. At no time did anybody try to rip me off or do anything negative and during my various sojourns into Nepal some of the staff privately looked after my laptop and other valubles when the safety lockers were taken by other travellers. In conclusion I have to say to my fellow travellers that it is up to you and your interaction with the locals that will determine if you have a nice stay or not.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arrived at the airport in Kathmandu and unfortunately met the owner of this hotel - he offered me a ride to the place for a good price and seemed like a nice guy. Once we arrived there and he showed me the room, I paid for it, and then he explained that the ride from the airport actually cost more than we agreed. When I asked why, he said that everybody lies about the price of taxi rides at the airport, so he has to do the same. Whether this is true or not, the first thing the owner said to me was a blatant lie. After traveling many places, I am used to dealing with trickery and greed, but I have never encountered people that admit to lying and try to justify it. So I guess that if a hotel is run by a dishonest man, I wouldn't call it a reliable place to stay.

That being said, the rest of the staff seem nice and the rooms are okay. Private bathrooms, no complaints on the bedding, and decent wifi coverage. However, in the rest of Thamel there are plenty of hotels and guesthouses that provide better services for half the price.

3  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived in Kathmandu expecting to see rooms as pictured here. We arrived to find beds with dirty pillows, inch thick matteresses and a bathroom that was so small you had to sit on the toilet to have a shower. We checked in and checked straight back out again, staying in another hotel down the road. The rooms do not look like the pictures here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kirkatron1990
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our room was burgled at night by breaking through the window. On reporting it to the hotel staff they instead blamed us for not being vigilant during night and sleeping instead!. One staff offered room rent waiver, but they were saying in Nepali that we have staged this deliberately; so I paid them full. I even talked to the owner and he also did not bother about this security issue and instead said that they never had such incident before.
They don't have credit card machine and still claimed on the website that they accept credit cards. I had to go to another hotel for paying the bill and was charged 4% as transaction charge
I had booked through booking.com and specifically requested room on 1st floor, but on reaching there there was no room available on first floor. The hotel staff are untrained and rude. The hotel doesn't have power back-up.
Stay here if you don't have any other choice and stay awake during the night please to safeguard your stuff

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family