“Island Peak & High Passes of Everest”
Review of Makalu Adventure

Makalu Adventure
Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
Full Day White Water Rafting Trip on the Trishuli...
Ranked #350 of 713 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Treks, Expeditions, Tours and Mountain Biking in NEPAL, TIBET, BHUTAN & INDIA since 1998. We offer competitively priced trips to a set of destinations which we know well. Well resourced in the field but not heavily marketed, these trips are fantastic mix of expert guides, good itineraries, good logistics and a great crew of people.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Fantastically organized bespoke trip from start to finish.

Mohan and his team at Makalu Adventure took personal care of every detail from the very moment we arrived at Kathmandu airport, ensuring our planned adventure ran smoothly. Our Sherpa guides and porters were excellent and worked hard to ensure we had a great time, working tirelessly to overcome the challenges we faced along the way.

If you want a fantastic adventure in Nepal with flawless organization Makalu Adventures are the team to pick. I'd not hesitate to use them again for trekking/climbing in Nepal.

All reviews
"kathmandu airport"
"kathmandu valley"
"day trek"

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Makalu Adventure is 1st class if you are used to well run and clean american things. From their Americanized Hotel located in a quiet enclave amid the hustle and bustle of Thamel, to their airport pickup and trekking services, these guys are the best and most reliable I have used. The owner is the Secretary of the Trekking Association of Nepal and he means business. He goes overboard to attract return customers. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not a holiday an adventure!

Cannot praise Makalu Adventure enough.

Mr Mohan and his team were excellent from start to finish!

Everything possible was done to make our adventure work and a great time was had by all.

Highly recommend this company for adventures in Nepal.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are planning an adventure in Nepal, these are the guys you need organise it with! Flawless organisation from start to finish. People talk about going that extra mile - these guys multiplied it by 10 and some. Pure professionals, who provide a bespoke and complete service to all.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went to Kathmandu, Pokara and the Annapurnas with 11 other photographers in March 2013. We aimed to capture images of the stunning mountains, the friendly dignity of its hard working people, and the colour, richness and meaning of its varied faiths. All of us in the group achieved remarkable success.

As I had a lung dissease, it was with some trepidition that I agreed to take on the challenge of going to 4,000 metres, but though very difficult, it was worth the effort. Needless to say, I could not have managed to get so far without the excellent, careful, detailed planning and organisation of Mr Mohan's travel company Makalu Adventures. Oxygen was even available if I needed it, which thankfully I did not. It was the most thoroughly organised photography trip I have been on, and I have been on nine previous trips all over the world.

I can thoroughly recommend Makalu Adventures for all those travellers who want to travel to such remote places in the world, who want the security of knowing their hotels, food, transport and guides will be skilled and reliable. Their needs will be met. And on top of all that, the price is so reasonable. What more could you ask?