“Annapurna Cicuit by bike”
Review of Makalu Adventure

Full Day White Water Rafting Trip on the Trishuli River
Ranked #364 of 464 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Treks, Expeditions, Tours and Mountain Biking in NEPAL, TIBET, BHUTAN & INDIA since 1998. We offer competitively priced trips to a set of destinations which we know well. Well resourced in the field but not heavily marketed, these trips are fantastic mix of expert guides, good itineraries, good logistics and a great crew of people.
Warngau
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Annapurna Cicuit by bike”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having just returned from three weeks' cycling around the Annapurnas, i am still thrilled. Apart from the fantastic landscape and and people as well as the very interesting cultural insights i very much appreciated the professional and good-value organization of our customized trip by Makalu Adventure. Being recommended by friends who had previously done the Lhasa-Kathmandu bike tour it was a safe bet. Especially the attentive and caring guiding by Kalden Sherpa(who may not be a man of many words but masters the economic humour) needs mentioning. I definitely will come back to Nepal and i will definitely travel again with this company. Cheers, Gabriel

Visited October 2012

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cycle from Lhasa to Friendship Bridge (Nepal border) via EBC”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Three of us did the cycle trip in Sep 2012. Mohan (Makalu Adventure) helped us to customize the trip to 16 days. He is very knowledgable and responded to my emails of question rapidly. We were very happy with all the arrangements before and during our trip.
The Tibetan guide, driver and cook who took care of our trip, were excellent, they were very caring, and did everything they could to ensure our journey was safe and most enjoyable.
We had a great time, and would look forward to traveling with Makalu Adventure again in the future.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank B W
Brisbane, Australia
“Nepal Cultural Travel and Lhasa to Kathmandu MBT”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have travelled with Makalu on two separate occasions. 2011 I participated in the fantastic Mountain Bike Trip from Lhasa to Kathmandu via EBC and fulfilled on of my dreams and in September 2012 my wife and I did a 2 week sightseeing tour around Nepal organized by Makalu travel. On both occasions I was highly impressed with the professionalism with which both tours were organized.

Mohan Lamsal and all of his staff are exceptional and go beyond of what can be expected. Both of the tours were well organised and excellent value for money.
I can highly recommend Makalu Adventure and we are looking forward to going back for a new adventure with Makalu.

Werner Mathiuet

Visited September 2012
Stanger, South Africa
“EVEREST BC NEPAL + ADVANCED BC TIBET 2011”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

As an avid high altitude climber , i have travelled the world to many remote parts. I have lived my desires over the years... But what made this Himayalan expedition a dream come true for me....was simply the professionalism and the passion that drives Makalu Adventure Tours to endeavour so to make this dream of mine...A REALITY TO CHERISH. I was never considered just a paying client to Mr Mohan Lamsal and his staff.... I was treated like family. Having travelled with many adventure companies ... but none come close .... and therefore Makalu Adventures remains unmatched and on top of my list of adventure companies. l have the greatest confidence and respect for them.

Visited October 2011
Wollongong
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lhasa to Kathmandu”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would highly recommend Makalu Adventure tours. I recently completed the Lhasa to Kathmandu bike ride. The ride was spectacular, and the food, camping and service of the guides were excellent. They certainly went above and beyond to ensure our journey was as organised and comfortable as possible. Unfortunately due to Chinese regulations we could not get to Everest Base Camp. However, Mohan went out of his way to compensate this, organising several days in Chitwan and Phokara. If I was to travel to this area again I would definitely travel with Makalu again.

Visited June 2012