“Nice,Quiet”

Ranked #11 of 144 Specialty Lodging in Kathmandu
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Nice,Quiet”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed in Sagarmatha Apartment for almost 1 month. Nice and comfortable. A lot of dog in Nepal, but in here you will never be bothered by the doggie. Internet is the fastest i have ever experienced in Nepal. Owners are very kind and friendly. Highly recommend to live in here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 10, 2014

i stay about 3 weeks, room is big and comfortable that contains bedrooms, kitchen and living room. room is quite quiet and clean. 24-hour hot-water and electric power (of course most time is battary). Manager couples are very kind and guide and help to book travel trip to other place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dongguan, China
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I completely loved this hotel. There were so many positives about this place. The owner and his family were wonderful. They were always ready to chat or share some information about the local area. If there was a problem, they fixed it, speedily. I was ill for several days and had to rearrange my flight, they tried to help with that too. When I did leave and couldn’t get a taxi, they piled into their car and drove me to the airport.

The staff is equally amazing. The cleaning staff cleaned everything, even the dishes and pans that I used for cooking my own meals. The kitchen facilities are adequate for most cooking needs, I certainly didn’t need to ask for anything.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Lots of space. The bedding was clean and changed frequently.

The breakfasts were all so delicious and served in your room. These breakfasts were the real deal, full servings and with a variety dishes. They were filling and a perfect way to start the day.

The hotel located near Jamsikhel St. is perfectly located for access to many Western restaurants (and local ones) who serve top notch food. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and the prices.

Taxis are easy to find and there are several touristy locations that aren’t too far from the hotel. Plus there are many interesting shops in the area too.

They have another hotel nearby in Sanepa, which is a quiet residential area. If you’re looking for a quiet place with gorgeous views of the mountains surrounding Kathmandu, then this is the place you want.

I plan on staying at one of these hotels whenever I’m in Kathmandu.

Room Tip: If you want a beautiful view of the mountains, choose the Sanepa location. The upper floors are best...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank T_Travels42
Gyanman, Owner at Sagarmatha Apartment Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your kind review. We really appreciate your support towards our service apartment hotel. Just want to let you know we are looking forward to see you in your next visit.

Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a very nice apartment hotel in a quiet and safe area, surrounded with restaurants and supermarkets. The crew is friendly and welcoming. The managers are EXTREMELY nice and help you with everything! When we are back in Kathmandu we will definitely go back! We LOVED staying there, It is absolutely feels like home :)

Room Tip: just ask Anita and Gyanman and they will help you!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed in Sagarmatha for about 10 days from 3rd Feb to 12th Feb, during my first visit to Kathmandu and I feel very happy to say that I am overwhelmed by the excellent service that I received from the owner and all staff there.The owner personally came to the airport to pick me up and so I did not have any hassle to get a taxi or find my own way in an unknown place. On reaching there I found the service apartment to be very clean and excellent service from the staff. The breakfast given daily was very nutritious, healthy and very tasty.Being little away from the Main roads, it is less polluting and less noisy also. On the whole, I would recommend this place to any person to stay and get a homely feel without having to pay through your nose. Excellent service... Keep it up....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed for almost a month at Sagarmatha this past December and very highly recommend it for both short and long stays in Kathmandu. Though technically Sagarmatha is in Patan, the two cities blend into each other and it’s a quick taxi or bus ride into Kathmandu (the buses are frequent, leave from just 2 blocks away, and cost only 15 rupees). Particularly important for longer stays, you have a kitchen and there are two large grocery stores close by, plus a lot of smaller convenience stores, and, of course, nearby fruit and vegetable street sellers. When you don’t want to cook there are also 4 good restaurants just down the lane, plus other good restaurants only a few blocks away (including a very good and very inexpensive Indian restaurant that we especially frequented).

As for the accommodation itself, it is lovely. The bedroom is separate and large, and the living area is large (we held a Christmas party comfortably for 11) with lots of light and views of the Himalayas from the attached balcony (there is also an upstairs rooftop and sitting area). There are also nice touches for long stays, like a flat screen TV, a DVD player, a mobile (complete with active SIM card), a gym area on the main floor with an elliptical machine and treadmill and a weight machine, laundry service, a DVD library, etc. There are also wonderful breakfasts brought to your room every morning, along with that day’s newspaper.

The Sagarmatha “family” is also great to a person, with the manager (Gynaman) especially setting the example. He really is the nicest person imaginable. He consistently went out of his way to make us comfortable and to help us out anyway he could and we quickly came to feel that Sagarmatha was our home. The space was also perfect for entertaining the different groups of friends we made, plus our sons when they joined us for Christmas.

Overall, we loved our stay at Sagarmatha and will feel like we have come home when we return for a teaching stint next year. We can't imagine greater hospitality and a more sincere welcome at any other place. In short, the Maharjans have created a wonderful home away from home with the services and attention of a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

It was speechless, you judge us very well. Once again thank you very much for your warm support.

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my second visit to Sagarmath Apartment and I found better and comfortable than last time. Compare to other service apartment hotel it is way better and reasonable price. Breakfast is as always good as it is. I m very excited to have breakfast. Always ready for help and response very quickly. I had few problems come out during my stay with them and it was taking care very quickly. It makes me so comfortable.

Room is very specious and better than five star hotels. The kitchen is perfect; I can enjoy my own cooking, which help me feel more homely. All the time hot water and Opps! Internet super good. Housekeeping ladies are so friendly and well knowledgeable. Just simply the great they are.

I recommend this hotel for all travellers. This is worthy place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple