“Good drinks, reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tom & Jerry

Tom & Jerry
Ranked #193 of 715 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Shanghai, China
“Good drinks, reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

A bit dark. Not too loud, so it was good for chatting with friends.

Service was friendly, and the drinks tasted like they should. Prices were as expected for a bar in Kathmandu.

Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Burnie, Australia
“Average Pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

To follow up the last guys review. When I went to pay I handed over my money and waited for my change. I stood at the bar, then sat there for a decent little while, while nothing seemed to be happening. In complete honesty it really did seem to me that they hoped I would forget about my change. Maybe they eyed me off as being drunk, which I was not. After a time one guy seemed to press the cashier who was like "Oh! You're waiting for change..."
The bar itself was very average, I didn't like the atmosphere as much as Sams or Paddy Foleys.

2 Thank stevenjchristie
“Pay for your drinks on ordering....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

On the face of it, tnj's is pretty good. Good music, decent food and they show sport if you're into it etc however we went just over a week ago, had a few drinks and when they presented the bill, we asked if we could pay in dollars. The man stated $90, which was clearly trying to pull our pants down. When my friend pulled out $60 from his wallet to see how much he had, the man quickly changed the price to $60. I'm not going to lie, we were drunk, but it was clear that this guy was just seeing how much he could get out of us.

Id just say if you're having a decent amount of drinks, pay as you go along as you may be taken advantage of. I guess this advice could be given for most places, we just had the experience here so I felt I had to share.

1 Thank Jason S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great place to meet and enjoy a cold beer in the center of Thammel.
Very friendly staff and free popcorn
Always busy in an evening but plenty of tables.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank paulshutt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Depends on the Crowd, but a Fun Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stopped in Tom & Jerry with some friends on a Thursday night for a before dinner drink. The place was near deserted, but it was ladies night (10% off drinks and free popcorn). They have an extensive cocktail menu, though most are just different types of soda/fruit juice mixes. Good prices though.

We returned after dinner and it was near packed! An environment where you could either meet other travelers, or stay with your group of friends. Doesn't stay open as late as some of the music venues/clubs, but doesn't close too early either.

• Visited October 2013