Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile
Very good agency

Amandine C

All reviews guide rabin his team cultural tour short trek wonderful trip kathmandu valley the entire trip everest base camp trek white water rafting nepal trip travel agent day tour excellent service tea house other companies trekking guide highly recommend this company
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We only had the experience with two of the drivers, very nice and very safe. They are professionals and the are very familiar with the roads.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Balaram and his team are really nice. They were very quick to answer every query I might have had and they were all helpful, interesting and their English was brilliant.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

They are providing excellent service, and all team member are helpful, honest, professional and very polite.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our holiday could be a total disaster if we haven't met Balaram and his team. My sister biggers dream was the Everest basecamp so we decided to go with her and were waiting and planning this trip for almost a year. We went to Nepal thinking that we've planned everything perfectly but we did not take into account the possibility of sudden weather changes ( that do take a place in the world highest mountains) and the fact that if the weather is bad, plane won't fly to Lukla, no matter how much you want and how much you pay for it! After two days we spend at the airport and with weather literally not caring about our plans and dream we decided not to waste more time as we really had only two weeks for this trip we decided to do Annapurna trek ( within one our Thamel Travels reorganised the whole trip for us). Obviously, I have to mention that all that time while waiting at the airport, Balram and our fantastic guide Raj they were trying to do everything to make the Everest Basecamp happen anyway - they were looking for other options rebooking tickets to fly to another place and then from there we could take a helicopter to Lukla. Well, we weren't lucky and had to make the most of it. We spend amazing 15 days with a bunch of fantastic, super friendly and lovely people (Balaram, Raj, Mahesh and - I hope I spell his name correctly - Danesh) and don't regret anything! From day one we were very well looked after by Thamel travels team, we didn't have to worry about anything, the guys organised everything for us. We eat well, we've seen absolutely stunning places, they told us a lot about history and culture, we've learned one song and sang with them and just had an amazing time. There is not even one bad thing i can say about this trip. However, we all have learnt something from this experience - humility, and patience! We are all very spoilt in Europe, living very comfortable and luxurious lives and we expect that everything will always be as we wish and expect that the whole World should be like this. Clearly, it's not. We now know that next time we need to take into account the fact that we can spend even a week waiting for a flight, get stuck in the traffic and god know what else can happen. But it will all be worth at the end as we all fell in love in this country and we will definitely be back to Nepal very soon and use Thamel Travel again!

2  Thank Aggie J
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I needed an efficient, honest and reliable provider considering that I was travelling with my dad and wanted to make him comfortable and at the same time enjoy a hassle-free trip. Balaram and his family made sure that we could smoothly visit Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal in 16 days with no surprises and enormous professionalism. We feel very lucky to have made his acquaintance since, more than just a service provider, he is a fantastic human being.

2  Thank Renée S
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We had a three-day trekking with Thamel Travels and Tours. I booked the tour via email with Balaram. He offered us a competitive price and a great plan. Our tour guide, porters and Balaram were very patient and professional. They told us in details the culture of Nepal and anecdotes/legends associated with the places we visited. They were also happy to help us outside the trekking. We were very grateful for the amazing trip we had with them. I would look for this agency again when I go to Nepal next time.

1  Thank Resort813766
Reviewed August 21, 2018

My experience with Balaram and his team was very good. I went to several different agencies in Thamel but Balaram convinced me immediately with his friendliness and the familiar atmosphere. After my flight to Lukla got cancelled due to bad weather he managed to put me on a first flight two days later, during high season, which is not a given.
He always replied very quickly when I had questions or when I wanted to change my flight back.
I would absolutely recommend Thamel Travels and Tours with Balaram and his team.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

All our tour to Everest Base camp was planned very well. Amazing guide! Strongly recommend this agency!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Thamel Travel / Balaram Pandey provided me very helpful and professional assistance in planning my travel to Trek in Nepal, finding guides and Touring Tibet. If you want someone who really knows Nepal and the region contact Balaram. He's very responsive and knowledgeable. He arranged several tours for us including the tour to Tibet and Mt. Everest Base Camp, Everything was done right and excellent guides, as well.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I highly recommend Thamel travels and tour. Owners, Balaram and Saru ,helped me with some unexpected iusse and saved the trip!! Contact by email very fast, I sent him a draft of itinerary and he helped me with suggestions. Unfortunately, on the way to Pokhara one of my group got sick and Balaram changed our tour in order to meet our needs without asking extra fee! Guide and driver was perfect. Saru was our guide in Kathmandu and it feels like to be a lifetime friends!