“They know how to serve their guests!”

Thamel Travels and Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Provides tours and trek services for Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. We ensure best services at lowest rates possible.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This month I led a group of 08 college students to my home Nepal; Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan tours. All of them were my friends from my university. It was altogether 10 days in Nepal. The arrangements from Thamel Tours was just perfect. All the activities including mountain flight, white water rafting in Trishuli river, Paragliding in Pokhara was really a life time experiences. He could suggest these activities in just first enquiries with details of my group members. Balaram proved much experienced leader in this respect. Even all his team members including guide, and driver were excellent. Thank you Balaram for your kind support. I definitely will be back with another group next season and expect the same this time too.

1  Thank amiru_12

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my fifth time in Nepal and had always wanted to go to Lo-Manthang in upper Mustang. This time I along with my three other friends went on a 20 days trek to Thorong -La and Lo- Manthang. I was always scared of the costs involved but now it is become much easier as there are tea houses available along the trekking trails. We did not have to carry tents or hire cooks, and extra porters. So the budget was similar to other normal trekking routes except permit fees ($500 per person on top of other trekking expenses). Balaram, the owner at Thamel tours, suggested me to go on a tea house trek. He was very helpful with all the information and also provided us company's best crew team (guide and porters) during the trek.

1  Thank thisitha12
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family of 5 people (me, my husband, and 3 children ) did 8nights All Nepal tours wit7 1 days hiking with Thamel Tours november last year. Balaram has done his best to comfort our stay as much as possible. This man is incredible! He is really honest, flexible, and timely. Initially our trip was planned as 2nights in kathmandu, 3nights in Pokhara with one night in Dhampus, 2nights in Chitwan and 1 last night back in Kathmandu. In the mean time we wanted to stay one more night in Pokhara and Balaram managed it in one text message with no extra charges! Very flexible. Subsequently we stayed only one night in Chitwan national park. The hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan were the best! Everything perfect in its category. We stayed Hotel Shanker in kathmandu, Mt Kailash Resort in Pokhara and Hotel Parkland in Chitwan. Even the tea house in Dhampus was with attached bathroom.
We found Balaram and his team to be very professional and flexible. We had asked few agencies in kathmandu for the trip and the rate Balaram quoted us was the best in respect to the services. This is the place to contact if you want to realiability, flexibility, and the best rates!
Sarima and family.

2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed April 24, 2013

fair deals and servicesWe are a group of Australian trekkers (4 persons) and did Everest base camp trek (14days) in this april. It was very good experience for us. Part of the credit goes to Thamel Tours for its best arrangements. The place was very beautiful and our guide and porters were very helpful. Guide accompanied us from kathmandu and the porters were waiting at Lukla airport. it is suggested that if you are going to Everest base camp trek, ask them to book the earliest flight to Lukla from kathmandu. We are happy from the services and planning to do Annapurna Base camp with them next year.
Lisa

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thamel travels arranged a "semi-free and easy" package for me and my friends (7 of us) Mid of April and i would say it is well organised coupled with warm Nepalese Hospitality. The package is also value for money and beyond what we have actually paid for. good job and strongly recommend for travellers who intend to visit Nepal.

1  Thank kyky_kevin