“I like this place”

Le Sherpa
Ranked #66 of 857 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at Le Sherpa, we are pushing forth, to set the stage for conscious dining in Nepal.Along side foreign consultants we have established a new menu and philosophy around supporting local producers in a safe and sustainable way to encourage the development of standardized and trusted produce in Nepal.We focus on producing a high standard of European food, unique and all home made, served in a fine-dining though unpretentious atmosphere.Our menu is small though well thought out and ever changing to offer an interesting, and modern experience to our guests. We source the best ingredients available to us with and offer a large variety of quality wines.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

They do a very good beetroot salad, the gardens are lovely and well maintained, the staff are good and well trained.
I liked it so much I went twice in one day!

1  Thank Sian J

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Located in Lazimpat -close to the Shangrila and Radisson hotels- this restaurant is your best bet for a romantic al fresco dinner with European dishes. I have dined in Le Sherpa several times and the quality have been very consistent. Service is exceptional. Well stocked bar and good wine (the wine by the glass is quite good). The French baguettes are the best in Kathmandu. The beef is very good even for American and European standards. The pasta dishes are also recommended. I tried once the pork chops and were on the fatty side (which is common on Asia). It is expensive for Nepali standards (dinner for two with drinks about US$ 50) but you get it back in terms of quality.

Overall highly recommended for a special night.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

A short drive from touristy Thamel is this hidden gem of a restaurant favored by ex pat Kathmandu residents, NGO staff and diplomats. Featuring outdoor dining year long in a cosy courtyard, warmed by a roaring fire in winter, this is a great place to enjoy a lingering continental dinner. The menu ranges from garlic tiger prawns, rabbit saddle, and a great (for Kathmandu) steak and fries. Save room for the creme brûlée for dessert. There's a nice, varied wine list. Wait staff are excellent...and will even bring you a lap blanket if you are chilled in the winter. This was one of my favorite restaurants to take visitors in Kathmandu, as it is such an unexpected experience.

2  Thank Unruh
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Le Sherpa is one of our favourite restaurants in Kathmandu. The food is simple with fresh ingredients (I love their rabbit ravioli!), the cocktails are good and the staff is very friendly and attentive. They have live music on certain nights that enhances the beautiful outdoor atmosphere.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is the best restaurant in kathmandu. They have the fines wine selections, I loves their Gourmet menu. There service was immaculate. Such high standards is very rare to come through in Kathmandu and I am glad I was given thus opportunity. I love you Le Sherpa.