Asahi Treks & Expedition - Mountain Flight and Helicopter Day Tours
Ranked #132 of 683 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Asahi Treks is specializing in customer service in the Himalayas Mountains so Hospitality, Friendship and Flexibility with personal care of our valuable guest, is our motto. We are proud to offer best services inside Nepal,Tibet and Bhutan to our valuable guests locating in the tourist center of Thamel in Kathmandu, supported by a team of experienced guides, cooks, and Sherpas. Whether walking on the Himalayan foothills, trekking through the middle valleys or scaling the dizzy heights of major peaks, we take care of our guest. Asahi provides all the sensible equipment for your comfort such as, large tents, warm down sleeping bags, down jackets, mattresses etc. Our cooks are true chefs of the trail, preparing wondrous buffets to enchant the hungry travelers. We can assure you by changing a simple holiday into adventurous fascinating and memorable cultural experience to anyone.
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Unexpected Adventure”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I literally woke up one morning in the middle of February of 2014 and decided to go to Nepal. Having no idea what I would like to do, be it trekking, base camp or what ever. So, I had to do my research and that came in the form of YouTube videos. I learned quickly that Nepal was a beautiful country outside of the cities so, I decided on trekking the Annapurna Circuit (18-20 days). I had first planned on going solo; however, I came across a video of a Canadian who had used Asahi Treks & Expedition based in Kathmandu. I should also mention that I contacted a few American Expedition Companies and a British Company. These companies were charging from $1,800.00 (USD) per person and as much as $2,500.00 per person. When I contacted Asahi they immediately responded (Kumar-owner). For just under $1.100.00 (USD) they supplied a guild and porter. Not to mention that all of the meals (B-L-D) were also supplied each day of the trek. Trust me, you will eat the same food that these other higher priced companies offer. My guide, Bikram Khadka aka BK was great! He knew the best and cleanest "Tea Houses" to stay. He knew how to trek in the Himalayan Mountains and I really learned a lot from him. I guess what I'm really saying is if you want to go solo and trek, you can do this very easily with Asahi. You can always go solo and not hire a guide but, after figuring the price of permits, passes, food and lodging you will spend at least $1,100.00 was what I was thinking. I was in Nepal for a month so, I had a lot of free time. Kumar and BK were always there with advice and suggestions on things to do in Kathmandu and Pokhara when I arrived back from my trek. Kumar and his staff picked me up at the airport (they were there waiting even after my flight was delayed for three hours) and took me to the hotel. They also took me back to the airport when I departed. I think my next adventure will be either Tibet or Bhutan and can assure you I will use Asahi. I would suggest you check the other companies and see what they have to offer first, then contact Asahi----trust me, you will be surprised.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank George S

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Khumbu Trekking”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I contacted Nava from Asahi Treks whilst planning my first visit to Nepal, Kathmandu and the Kumbu Valley. I was most impressed with his efficiency; always replying to my emails/questions as soon as possible. Once in Nepal, nothing was too much trouble. He organised airport pick ups, hostels, lukla flights, Kathmandu sightseeing, TIMS cards etc etc. In fact anything we needed, he sorted, even allowing us to print our boarding passes from his office before our flight home.
Nepal is a great place - the onle trouble is you come away more inspired, with more ideas for future trips and adventures - maybe Tibet, Bhutan, a few peaks maybe - whatever I know I'll use Nava as my point of contact in the future!!!!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank MickWelch
Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent beyond 5 stars!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Kumar and his team planned our entire 6-day escape in Nepal, from Kathmandu to Pokhara. We are a group of 20 people and yet, the entire trip went smoothly. We went temple running in Durbar Square, paragliding, cycling, white water rafting on the Trisuli River and sunrise trekking to the viewpoint of Sarangkot to witness one of the best sunrises I have seen in the world. Our trip will definitely be unforgettable. And we are planning to go back already. Asahi Treks made this happen. We already miss everyone!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank timeframe
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour guide, great fun!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Was an amazing trek and our tour guide jay was exceptional!
We had a beautiful trek, amazing food and got to dance and see the culture in the villages. (i evem got to go into the rice paddies and do traditional dancing at the guesthouse)
It was beautiful and definitely catered to how we wanted
Jay always put in great efforts to make sure we got the kost out of everything and was a really fun tour guide.
We did just the 5 day trek and got to see the beautiful mountains, take photos and drink chai.
It was a great way to experience the beautiful country of nepal

Visited October 2013
2 Thank squeash
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Everest base camp trek November-December 2013”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a great base camp trek provided by Asahi Treks!
A lot of thanks to our guide Sobin! He was perfect! He professionally did everything during our trek. He changed our route in the top to spend les time in the high altitude locations (Lobuche and Gorak Shep) so we saw both Kalapattar and base camp in one day and went back to 4400 meters and slep very well. :)
A lot of thanks to Nava for great organization, he consulted us before the trip by mail and provided me with all necessery information! Thanks!!!
Nikolay and Maria

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Nick_Borov

Travelers who viewed Asahi Treks & Expedition - Mountain Flight and Helicopter Day Tours also viewed

Been to Asahi Treks & Expedition - Mountain Flight and Helicopter Day Tours? Share your experiences!