“Impressive Holiday in Nepal”
Review of Nepal Hiking

Nepal Hiking
Ranked #153 of 541 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Nepal Hiking is the Pioneer in hiking and trekking in Nepal since 2003. We have all locally recruited friendly and helpful guides and porters.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked a week guided tour with Nepal Trailblazer Trekking for our visit to Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Pokhara & Chitwan. The landscape and Himalayas were wonderful; riding on elephant in Chitwan National Park was impressive and our guide was knowledgeable and driver was very kind & experience. We enjoyed our holiday a lot...

Thank you!

Best regards,
Yvonne Van

There are newer reviews for Nepal Hiking

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I’ve done EBC trek with Nepal Trail Blazers. I must say these guys don’t cut corners. Right from the beginning to the end they provided the best possible accommodation and food. In fact I used their service standard as a requirement for another company which I used for an expedition (trail blazers didn’t do high altitude climbing at that time).
Avtar dhanota

1  Thank avtar d
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked through Nepal trailblazer trekking which is a local company. I was very impressed that everything that was promised was delivered and more. The owner of the company Bhairam was very professional to deal with and always answered any emails from us before we left for the Trek and could not have been more helpful while we were in Nepal, even personally picking us up from the airport and dropping us off again.
There was only myself and my son in-law in the party apart from our porter and our guide.
Our guide was a great bloke called KB. He had good English so our communication was pretty good, a great sense of humor and we had lots of laughs along the way and especially at night sitting around the Yak dung fires in the tee houses playing cards. He had very good knowledge of the culture and environment and especially the mountains and was explaining things to us along the whole trip. He knows this land and is also well known along the rout. You felt very confident in him from the start.
What impressed me was his attention to detail. This included our accommodation along the way but especially his care of us going into high altitudes, he set the pace which I felt at times was slower than I could have done but which I later appreciated as he was acclimatising us for the higher altitude climbs, which we had no problems with. If along the trek we wanted to detour to look at something or just stop and absorb the magnificent scenery, this was never a problem and in fact he encouraged it. He was a great companion and guide for the 3 weeks we trekked together. I would highly recommend this trip.

3  Thank Evan H
Reviewed December 21, 2012

In November 2012 we did a fantastic trek around Manaslu. Everything was very well organized by Nepal Trailblazer Trekking and so we could enjoy the magnifent landscape and on the friendly local people whithout any sorrow. With Phuri we had an excellent Sherpa guide. He took not only great care of us but he was also such a nice guy, that we appreciate the time with him very much. We really felt safe und very welcome. He also recommended us to go to the monastery in Lho - this was one of our highlights of the trek. All the other trekkers missed this great experience.
All the best to Phuri (and of course as well to Bim, our porter).
The whole pick up services (from aiport to hotel and back, a several times) did work without any delay. Nepal Trailblazer Trekking can be recommend as very reliable and with a very personal and friendly service. Also the agency in Bhutan, with which they work together did a very good job (hotels good and also very reliable and friendly guide and driver). When we will go back to Nepal there is no doubt, that we travel with Nepal Trailblazer Trekking.
Marlies and Ralf from Stuttgart, Germany

1  Thank Ralf D
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm writing to recommend Nepal Trailblazer Trekking (NTT) in the strongest possible terms.

About a year ago, I started setting up a trek through the Langtang region of Nepal for my girlfriend and a few friends. I had done a previous trek to Nepal (the Annapurna Circuit) with a big international company, but thought that this time I would deal directly with a Nepalese company and give them my business. So, I contacted NTT and they were brilliant. They set up a private group for me at a very reasonable rate, and from the moment we arrived in Kathmandu, they handled everything, flawlessly and effortlessly. Always friendly, professional, and punctual, everything went off with out a hitch. And when we needed some flexibility (one of my party became a bit worn out by the trek), they were flexible and adjusted the schedule with no issues. I really can't think of a negative thing to say! They were that good.

I know that for many westerners there's a comfort factor in dealing with the big international companies. You're going to pay more for that, and in many cases, they'll just be contracting out to local operators anyway. Take the plunge: contact NTT instead. They'll give you a great trip.

I have several ideas for other trips to Nepal, and I'll definitely come back to them.