“The caravan of dreams”
Review of Nepal Hiking

Nepal Hiking
Ranked #146 of 515 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Nepal Hiking is the Pioneer in hiking and trekking in Nepal since 2003. We have all locally recruited friendly and helpful guides and porters.
Stuttgart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The caravan of dreams”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nepal Trailblazer Trekking planned and organised our tours round Annapurna in 2005 and to Gokyo Lake, Gokyo Ri, Chola Pass, Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar in 2010. There was absolutely no doubt to book the trekking trip to Mt. Kanchenjunga in November through Tilak again, the owner of the company.

I have been travelling a lot round the world, but the comprehensive trip to both base camps of the third highest mountain in the world was one of the best holidays I have ever spent in my life. It was a long way to reach the camps, but eventually we were knocking on heaven's door. Like the years before, there was nothing to complain and the whole trip was success pure!

In one word, everything was "perfect" again! It is quite difficult to describe the feeling in words and what a fantastic time we had. Thank You to Tilak for joining this strenuous tour, for the marvellous arrangement and organisation, and for all the efforts.

Once again I realised how professional his staff is. It can't be better! A very special Thank You to our porters Subarna, Gokarna and Gyalbu. It is unbelievable how much weight they carried without moaning and whinging. One morning I noticed that this was really hard work and a great performance of the boys, when I tried to carry Subarna's luggage. I was already struggling to lift up the bags and had huge problems to balance it. Finally I surrendered after about one minute carrying and failed completely!

Thank you very much to Arjun for the delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners. His cooking range was fabulous. The rice cakes, stuffed with vegetable, spices and tuna was the absolute highlight. Arjun did a perfect job to provide us with the required energy in order to finish the trek without any problems.

It was certainly not my last holiday in Nepal. I am coming back latest in two years and would like to make the next trip with the same team. You are fantastic guys! Every day we could enjoy spectacular views, sceneries and landscapes. I will never forget these weeks in my life.

Thank you very much again for everything. I really do appreciate everyone's kindness and hospitality and look forward to seeing you soon again. Have a lovely day. All the best for the New Year 2013 in advance, mainly health and happiness from

Wolfgang, Stuttgart/Germany

• Turkish first
Gosford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kanchenjunga adventure”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just completed a trek to Kanchenjunga north and south base camps with Trailblazer.It was an amazing experience made complete by the professionalism, knowledge and goodwill of the staff.My initial research indicated that tented treks were by far the most common way to see this remote and beautiful area.Mr Tilak of Trailblazer said that a combination of tea house and tents was a good option. This was exactly the case. Most nights we enjoyed the company of local people around the family fire and were able to access tented accommodation when the tea house rooms were inadequate. The guide and porters were fantastic , selflessly carrying our gear and always smiling in the face of some difficult walking. We always felt like we were in experienced and knowledgeable hands.The porters carried extra food , including tinned fruits and fresh apples from Mustang to augment the diet when ingredients were scarce.In my view the tea house style allowed us to develop a much closer rapport with both the porters and the local people. Mr Tliak, the owner is a highly principled and honest man who delivered on all his promises about the trip. Finally, his prices to trek in this remote eastern part of Nepal were very reasonably and compared favourably with other trekking companies based in Nepal.

3 Thank Rob W
tilakthapa, Owner at Nepal Hiking, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Wolfgang,

It was an absolute pleasure for us showing you our Real Nepal! Thank you for booking your 3rd holiday tour with our company.

See you soon again!

Best regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We did the Annapurna Base Camp trek (also known as Annapurna Sanctuary trek) with Nepal Trailblazer and had an absolutely fantastic time. We have just spent 5 months travelling through Europe and Asia and this trek was one of the best experiences of the whole trip. I strongly recommend the trek and the company.

I found Nepal Trailblazer online and from my first enquiry, Bhairam the Manager was so helpful and would respond very quickly. He can help tailor your trek based around the days you have available and what you want to see, and he organised some extra nights accommodation for us, a day tour of Kathmandu and the Everest scenic flight on top of our trek.

The trek to Annapurna Base Camp was just spectacular. The scenery is so varied, from green farm land to rugged rock faces, waterfalls, snowy peaks...beautiful. Our guide Tirtha was excellent, he was very flexible so if we were feeling good we would go a bit further than the itinerary, and then when we were tired we could do a shorter stint. Making sure though that we still got to see everything within the overall timeframe and without risking getting altitude sickness. He knows the best tea houses to stay at and is great fun.

I would definitely recommend doing this trek. I'm a beginner trekker and not particularly fit, and this trek was physically doable. There are definitely some tough bits, some big uphills and some big downhills but it was invigorating and you are so motivated because each time you turn a corner you see some new, amazing scenery. And there is no rush. You can take regular breaks, there are so many teahouses along the route to stop for a cup of tea etc.

I will definitely be telling friends and family to do this trek, it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. And if I was lucky enough to return to Nepal and do another trek, I would go straight to Nepal Trailblazer.

2 Thank EmmaB36
tilakthapa, Director of Sales at Nepal Hiking, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent review you have shared at TripAdvisor. Our entire team at Nepal Trailblazer Trekking are very pleased that you had such a lifetime experience in Nepal.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another adventure trekking in the Himalayas.

With warm regards,

Tilak & Nepal Trailblazer Trekking Team
Merimbula, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Holiday Ever - Exceeded our Expectations!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Thanks to Nepal Trailblazer Trekking my partner & I have had the best holiday with the most amazing experiences. From our initial contact with Nepal Trailblazer Trekking, Bhairam assisted us to get the most from our 3 weeks in Nepal. He met us at the airport and took us to our accommodation in Kathmandu. We went white water rafting, had a couple of days in Pokhara, completed the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek, making it to Annapurna Base Camp, had a couple of days in the Chitwan National Park and completed our holiday with the most amazingly interesting tour of Kathmandu thanks to our guide Sirish. Our drivers and guides were always on time, courteous, knowledgeable with a sense of humour. Our hotel accommodation was first class and so was the food. Our trekking guide Toby and our porter Chrishna made our trek an amazing experience. Thanks to Novel, our guide at Chitwan, we shared in the culture of the local villages and experienced the thrill of life in the jungle. We highly recommend this ethical company for your holiday in Nepal.

Visited November 2012
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant trek to Annapurna Base Camp. Looking forward to arranging another similar trek for you. We are always at your services.

South Australia, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My partner and I did a 12 day Annapurna Sanctuary trek with Nepal Trailblazer Trekking and from the minute they met us at our accommodation at an email arranged time, things went beautifully smoothly. Out guide, Hari, had exceptional customer service skills, clearly communicated our daily itinerary to us, and ensured that all our meals were ready at the precise time we had requested them (better service than restaurants in Australia!). As we were trekking during the high season our porter, Gopi, headed off early each morning to get to the final tea house for the day and secure us a room. Initially I felt hesitant about organising everything via the internet back home - itinerary, payment, trekking permits - but the company is reliable, efficient and you can most definitely trust them to exceed your expectations.

2 Thank Melanie C
Thank you very much for sharing your excellent review at TripAdvisor. Our entire team at Nepal Trailblazer Trekking are pleased to know that you enjoyed the trek to Annapurna Sanctuary. We look forward to operating another adventure for you!

Best regards,