“Everest Base Camp & Island Peak”

Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition would like to welcome you to the adventure holiday in the Himalayas and offer you a safe, exciting and memorable experience with the company, which over two decades has evolved from trekking and mountaineering services provider and ticketing agent of Bhandari Tours and branched of to the adventure travel logistics organisation. We are registered with the Nepalese Government Tourism Authorities and we are committed to provide services for the range of the travellers, trekkers, climbers, mountain bike riders and mountaineers in friendly, culturally enriching and safe environment. We are an active Member of Trekking Agent’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Village Tourism Promotion Forum Nepal (VITOF-Nepal) and Nepal Tourism Board (NTB). With first hand knowledge of our country you will experience a first rate services with utmost respect and care to the ecology of our country with our guides, climbing Sherpas, cooks and helping staff providing logistics services well aware of the impact of tourism on the ecology and committed to environment friendly practices to minimise the impact. You can use our mountaineering and climbing logistics services as well as trekking, hiking and adventure holidays in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Northern India to make your adventure an exciting and life changing experience of the Everest Base Camp trek or classic climbs of majestic Ama Dablam, unforgettable Pumori or remote Mera Peak. We take you on the foot and on the mountain bike to areas of striking beauty far off the beaten treks to remote and amazingly beautiful wilderness areas of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga to rarely visited wilderness of Langtang, Dolpo and to the magic and mystique of the Kingdom of Upper Mustang.
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Everest Base Camp & Island Peak”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Everest Base Camp & Island Peak November 23rd – Dec 13th

I did Everest Base Camp Trek and Island Peak Climb, a 21 day trek to Everest Base Camp, elevation 17,598 feet / 5,364 meters, and a climb of Imja Tse, better known as Island Peak, elevation 20,305 feet / 6,189m.
The trek was a wonderful adventure. Each day of trekking was inspiring, being surrounded by the spectacular views, and magnificent mountain peaks.
Snowy Horizon’s Guides, Sherpa’, porters where very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They helped make my trip a wonderful experience.

Snowy Horizon’s director, Rishi Bhandari, was efficient and very helpful in organizing all the details of my trip. Rishi ensured that my trip requests where fulfilled and the trip was tailored exactly to my needs. I would highly recommend Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bernadette898

Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lobuche East peak = Checked!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Climbing Lobuche East peak with Snowy Horizon was a great adventure! We've been welcomed by Hari who was very helpful. Everything was well set up. Our guide did his job as we expected and he was well experienced, well professional and funny! Rishi was always answering to our multiple emails in a really fast time! Our porters took a good care of our duffle bags. Next time we go back to Nepal, we will go with Snowy again. Due to altitude sickness, we had to change our itinerary, and it hasn't been complicated at all.
The only thing we would have liked to know before buying our flight tickets are the holidays. Our shopping day in Kathmandu was a Holiday so most of the shops were closed. But we found some opened anyway.
Thanks Snowy Horizon!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Isabelle T
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rishi the Nepal Ambassador”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Rishi and his whole team is so professional and flexible. I just wonder sometimes with Rishi's quick responses whether he actually sleeps at all! Your trip arrangements will be in safe hands and it just feels so like home to be taken care of so well. I will definitely go back not only because of the awesome scenery but also because of the service I know I will get from this team. If you need a guide and porter for trekking, don't look anywhere else. You won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank selchan
Bandung, Indonesia
“LOBUCHE EAST, peak climbing”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Snowy Horizons did a great job of setting up a trip for me (just alone n geting old) to climb Lobuche East! I would recommend this travel agency to anyone who is interested in exploring or peak climbing. I have fourth time came in Nepal and climb several trekking peak. This time, I was very lucky to find them! With Rishi Bhandari, Hari and also my experience guide, Nawang Lakpa Sherpa. And my high altitude porter, Angkami Sherpa.
Nawang Lakpa Sherpa has sixth time climbed Everest, he was humble and low profile! Good strategic, brought me till the summit! He knowed me from tropic zone, very difficult for me but he given me high determination for reach the summit. Two thumbs for him! Another team at high camp, their porters (2 peoples) run away. But Angkami Sherpa still with us (- 7 degrees Celcius). Great experience!

Visited October 2012
Johannesburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, professional travel agency”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I booked a trip to Chitwan National Park with Snowy Horizions. Rishi helped us with our booking, and he was one of the most helpful and professional people that I have dealt with in this industry.

He was in constant contact with me through emails before the trip, giving me advice and help with transferring my deposit. He also sent me the visa form that I needed to enter Nepal, along with other helpful documents.

I was very very impressed with the hotel and guide that Snowy Horizons booked for us at Chitwan National Park. It turned out to be the best part of our holiday. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The guide, Bishnu, absolutely made the trip - he was incredibly knowledgable about the wildlife, and he made sure that everything was on time and ran smoothly. I cannot describe how much he went out of his way to make sure that our trip went perfectly.

I was initially very worried about booking a trip through a travel agency in Nepal over the internet, but it turned out to be one of the best decisions that we made.

Thank you Rishi and Snowy Horizons!

Visited October 2012