“Ultralight Flying from Pokhara towards the Annapurnas”

Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition would like to welcome you to the adventure holiday in the Himalayas and offer you a safe, exciting and memorable experience with the company, which over two decades has evolved from trekking and mountaineering services provider and ticketing agent of Bhandari Tours and branched of to the adventure travel logistics organisation. We are registered with the Nepalese Government Tourism Authorities and we are committed to provide services for the range of the travellers, trekkers, climbers, mountain bike riders and mountaineers in friendly, culturally enriching and safe environment. We are an active Member of Trekking Agent’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Village Tourism Promotion Forum Nepal (VITOF-Nepal) and Nepal Tourism Board (NTB). With first hand knowledge of our country you will experience a first rate services with utmost respect and care to the ecology of our country with our guides, climbing Sherpas, cooks and helping staff providing logistics services well aware of the impact of tourism on the ecology and committed to environment friendly practices to minimise the impact. You can use our mountaineering and climbing logistics services as well as trekking, hiking and adventure holidays in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Northern India to make your adventure an exciting and life changing experience of the Everest Base Camp trek or classic climbs of majestic Ama Dablam, unforgettable Pumori or remote Mera Peak. We take you on the foot and on the mountain bike to areas of striking beauty far off the beaten treks to remote and amazingly beautiful wilderness areas of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga to rarely visited wilderness of Langtang, Dolpo and to the magic and mystique of the Kingdom of Upper Mustang.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very well organised by Snowy Horizons......The hangar is a few steps from where the Local flight lands, and the whole thing was very competently run. I took the 1 hour flight, with my Russian pilot, and had a simply superb flight on a perfect day. Wonderful, wonderful experience.

All reviews
"mountain biking"
"everest region"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I found Rishi and his company searching the internet and I was very lucky to find them! Even though we wanted to travel thru Nepal on "our own" (not as an organized trip), I called Rishi to book our air to Lukla and other areas....he was also helpful in booking hotels, assisted with our permits. He skyped with me alot and payments were super easy, efficient and safe. Overall he treated our "little two person tour' as important as a large group, had a private driver meet us, introduce us to the area, assisted us in every way the entire time in Kathmandu and Lukla. Then the airport closed for a week at Lukla, his partner SHIMAH at the Everest Lodge was able to expedite us out via helicopter so we could continue our vacation in Nepal without losing any time. He got us a refund from the plane that was cancelled and the helicopter ride was one of the highights. His staff and service is amazing....THANKS FOR THE BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Myplaya
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would like to recommend Snowy Horizons to anyone who wants to peak climb.
It was my first time in Himalaja, the expedition was prepared excellent. Thank Rishiu! I hope to go to Nepal again with Snowy Horizons.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have just returned from Nepal with Snowy Horizon. I cannot speak highly enough of this trek/climbing organizer. From the outset, Rishi Bhandari was most professional in answering all of my questions from the UK. On arrival I was warmly greeted and located a climbing guide of considerable experience....two time summiter of Everest.

Both my guide and porter were extremely helpful and competent and could not have done more for me during our three weeks together. All accommodaion, meals and general organization were sound and any additional expenses incurred by me were explained beforehand.

The hotel arranged for me in Kathmandu was appropriate. I cannot recommend this company highly enough. Very good value for money. Try it!

Mike

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to highly recommend Snowy Horizons to anyone who wants to book a trek or peak climb and be assured of fantastic service. I have recently returned from summiting Mt Manaslu and Snowy Horizon organised everything, Kathmandu, the 8 day trek in, the basecamp and climb and the 5 day trek out. I have no complaints only great praise.

After receiving a reply to my original enquiry quicker than any other company, I felt I could trust Rishi (the owner) and I wasn't dissapointed.

All the support staff were amazing, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and proffessional. Indra the chef worked hard to give us great variety so the food never became boring, Mingma the sirdar kept us informed and briefed on itinaries so I was comfortable on what we were doing at all times. The Sherpa's were the hero's especially Lakpa who guided me to the summit, giving me space to be independant but always closeby for encouragment and support.
One of the reasons I booked with Snowy Horizon is that Rishi promises one Sherpa to one climber, and this allows greater flexibility and safety. This works as many of our group were different abilities and you can go at your own pace for both acclimatisation and when your actually walking/climbing.

Its difficult to know which company to go with when there are so many advertising their services, I took the decision of booking with Rishi and made the right choice. He works hard and is very committed to making everyones holiday the best.

Thank you Snowy Horizon for organising the best service for me so that i could realise my dream of summiting an 8000m peak.