“Great place to eat and great guest rooms!!!”
Review of Black Pepper

Black Pepper
Ranked #477 of 807 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Website = Http://blackpepper.com.np/reservation/location-map/
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Black Pepper Guesthouse for about one week and had a wonderfuk time there!It has a very familiar atmosphere and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I felt like at home!
The restaurant around the corner serves delicious Nepali and international food in a wonderful atmospheric and relaxed dining area.
I am sure it's one of the friendliest places available in Kathmandu and away fron the touristy and noisy Thamel area.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had gone there on three occasions. Only once did they make a desert well and the way is should be made. It was a chef who new what to do and have never found since. The main courses like deserts are just totally "anything goes" and we will dish up anything. The service is very slow. In brief no qualified or non talented chefs and totally inconsistent. Food 2 star, service 2, consistency 1. Like most places in this city you fell cheated.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is probably the worst place I have been to in Kathmandu.

The first time I went here was with my wife for dinner. We had planned to eat out and since this place is walking distance from our house we decided to give it a shot. The service was slow, the food was close to rubbish and prices.....for what we got......not worth it. Besides the waiters have a bad habit of lying here. Our dinner took over 45 minutes to arrive and from the 20 minute mark the waiter kept saying 5 minutes.

The second time I went here was for a business lunch. I tried to change the venue because of my last experience but could not as this was bang opposite the site I was visiting. This time it was even worse. At the very beginning we asked them if they could serve quick as we were in a rush. No problem said the waiter. The place was empty besides one table so I thought yeah, maybe. A bottle of water tok 15 minutes. The fresh juice took 25 minutes at which point I reminded the waiter of our rush the 3rd time. 5 minutes said the waiter. In 10 mins we get our first main course and it was wrong. This was for the other table. Sorry said the waiter, give me 10 mins and I will have everything on the table. 15 minutes later I walked to the kitchen to check the status of our order and the 3 chefs had not even started preparing our lunch. We canceled all orders and left for my next meeting. Wasted over an hour and we went without lunch that day.

1  Thank sgolyan
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant is very well known among foreigners living in Kathmandu. I have never met anybody who had negative experience there. Myself, I like very much European dishes such as chicken roast. Vegetables are beautifully cooked without exception. Some of my friends say the Nepali food is very good too, though it may be a bit costly side.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good ambiance with traditional Newari Architect situated between the British School and Summit Hotel, Kupondole Height. The restaurant food is delicious. Don't forget to try Steak and fish in the restaurant. Other food are also very superb...