“Beautiful and well-run”

Ranked #21 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
New York City, New York
“Beautiful and well-run”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport, very well maintained with beautiful rooms and an incredible roof terrace view on the nearby Bodnath Stupa. Only thing to improve is internet connection speed, but who needs this when in Nepal?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joachim S
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the short and perfect review. We are glad to hear, your stay at HTI was of a memorable experience. Kindly be informed that our management has rectified the minor setback and now we have high speed Wi-Fi available.
We look forward to having you back at HTI soon.

Dechen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here twice in August 2013 and both were excellent stays. I have spent several hundred nights in hotels over the last few years (usually Hiltons and Marriotts) and this hotel is certainly up to international standards. In addition, the staff were extremely helpful and seemed genuinely happy to see me. When I checked in, I mentioned that I was planning to fly to Pokhara but didn't have tickets yet. Within about 10 minutes, they had booked my flights and had my tickets waiting for me in the morning. On the way to the airport, they arranged for a stop at one of the temples near the airport so I could do some additional sight-seeing and the price was the same as the usual airport transfer.

The hotel restaurant was also very good and reasonably priced. I paid around $12 for appetizer, main, and a few drinks.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

5 Thank Carrie_in_Seattle
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Oshiro,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on Trip Advisor. It’s always a pleasure to have you at HTI. We are happy to be able to make your stay a memorable experience.
Thank you for appreciating our sincere hard work and for recommending us. Your confidence in our service has boosted us to keep thriving. We look forward to having you back at HTI.
wales
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Fantastic hotel, where the staff couldn't do more for you. they were all extremely friendly and helpful and went out of their way to give excellent service. they allowed me to use their office computer to upload photos to my blog and charged my mobile phone for me in reception.
the hotel was spotlessly clean and my upgraded room was superb. Excellent location, a few minutes walk from Bodha Stupa.

Room Tip: Ask a out an upgrade to a suite.
2 Thank rhosilli
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Lucy,
Thank you for sharing your memorable experience of stay at HTI on trip adviser. Your positive response is highly appreciated by all the staff and has boosted us to work harder.
We will keep thriving to exceed and excel 5 star services.
We eagerly await your return.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for six nights and had a very pleasant stay. The room was nicely decorated. The food was great. The view from the breakfast area (rooftop) is breathtaking, with a full view of the Boudhanath and on a clear day of the mountain ranges.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. it was a pleasure to have you at HTI. We are glad to be able to make your stay at a memorable experience.
We will keep thriving. We look forward to having you back in near future.

Best Regards
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was told by management that this was a 5 star hotel when I booked it. It turned out to be a 2 star hotel. While the service was good the facilities and infrastructure needed a major upgrade, considering the hotel had been open a total of two years. I switched rooms a couple of times and each room had multiple problems. There was no hot water 25% of the time, the toilet clogged up. Vermin infested the room. The room safe is not bolted into the credenza The business center couldn't print a document and was offline about 15% of the time. The food in the breakfast buffet was used multiple days, The air-conditioning in my room had to be fixed ten times! When I complained to management they first lied and said all problems could be fixed and then insulted me by insinuating that I didn't have enough money to pay the bill! (That was truly unbelievable). There were many other problems to numerous to mention.

This hotel is owned by Tibetans and managed my Nepalis. The entire management team should be sacked and replaced by people who can tell the truth. They must recognize a deficiency in infrastructure cannot be made up for by good service. By the way, all those staff you see are making about $65 a month. I made sure to tip all of them. I consider this the worst hotel experience of my entire life.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 5th or 6th floor towards the back of the hotel, away from the main street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank LamaGonzo
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hotel Tibet International is a fantastic hotel in Kathmandu.
Standing on its roof, the whole view of Boudhanath could be seen, as is the reason why i booked this hotel when i took my three-day trip in Kathmandu. Also, the Pashupati Temple is only 20-30min against this hotel on feet.
The staff is very kind and service nicely. Hot water in bathroom, WiFi in room and BBC Channel on TV are also available. The room is also very clean and comfortable!
I had a wonderful breakfast on the roof, listening to the gentle songs and seeing the splendid sight.
Wish come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms above 3rd floor all have a good view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Dawei,

Thank you for taking your time out to write a review about is on tripe adviser. It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive response from our guest.
We are glad to hear that you had a memorable experience during your stay with us at Hotel Tibet International.
We look forward to having you back soon.

Best Regards
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

After a 3 week trip to Kathmandu and Tibet, we decided to treat ourselves for the last night of our holiday by booking into a hotel rather than b&b, and after reading reviews on tripadvisor opted to book a room at the Hotel Tibet International. We were not disappointed in the least.

The staff were attentive, courteous and went out of their way and did all they could, including delivering complimentary freshly made petit fours mid-afternoon to the room!, to make our stay as enjoyable and special as possible. The room was outstanding and far exceeded our expectations: it was large with a superking bed with cotton sheets, a fantastic shower, and a lounge area. Clean, airy and hot water! The food was very good (we are vegetarian) and surprisingly cheap! And to top it off, the hotel itself was only a couple minutes walk from our favourite area of Kathmandu - Boudhanath Stupa.

We plan to return to Nepal in the future and there is absolutely no doubt that we will stay at Hotel Tibet International again.

Room Tip: If you are prone to being disturbed by noise then avoid rooms at the front of the hotel which overse...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Nadia,
Thank you for taking your time out to write a review about us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your words have proven that we once again have succeeded in achieving our goal; to provide a memorable experience.
It was a pleasure having you at HTI and we look forward to seeing you in future.