“I'll be back - karma willing!”

Hotel Tibet International
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my second stay at Hotel Tibet in Boudha & I wasn't disappointed. The friendliness of the staff & proximity to such a holy site was brilliant. The only thing I regret is that I didn't take advantage of having a massage or 5 at their onsite suite. Couldn't fault the service, cleanliness or room service - which I took full advantage. Nice being able to explore all day & have somewhere to chill in comfort. Definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for what you need regarding a room & book ahead. If it's your fir...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LoTashi
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Ms.Tashi,
We thank you for taking your time out to write a review. We truly appreciate your encouraging words and would love to have you back at our hotel any time. Next time you visit, we will make sure to remind you extra so that you will be able to make time for the massage.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My family stayed here in late October. It was the perfect place to relax from our travels; and easy to find from the airport. The welcome for us and our seven year old daughter was lovely; everyone was pleased to see us and made us feel so welcome. We felt so well looked after throughout. Our room was spacious with a view out onto the street and you could see Boudanath too, which was less than five minutes walk away. The buffet supper in the evenings was excellent with a good choice of dishes to suit all tastes. (Our daughter especially loved the variety and "going back for more". The atmosphere was quiet and peaceful in all the public rooms which was lovely to return to after the hustle and bustle of the city. Most memorable for me, as an avid fan of a good breakfast when on holiday was the fabulous Norbulingka roof top breakfast room, with superb views over the city, a wonderful international selection of breakfast choices, and an omelette chef making fantastic masala omelettes and cooking eggs and pancakes to guest choice.
Both my wife and I enjoyed the adjoining spa with relaxing massages too. Highly recommended for the first time visitor to Kathmandu or the veteran of many previous visits.

Room Tip: as for a room looking out onto the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nye66
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking you time to wire a review and sharing your memorable experience with us. I am delighted to note that you and your family felt well looked after and had wonderful time with us. I have shared your words of appreciation with our staff and we hope to have your family back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Travelling on my own, I really appreciated the staff at Hotel Tibet International in Boudha's help & friendly manner. With great views of the Stupa from the breakfast restaurant & only a short walk to the Stupa, I really enjoyed this "oasis" in Boudha. Beautiful woodwork, attention to details & a comfortable bed helped enormously. The hotel also had airport pickup & drop-off available, which I also took advantage & is well worth the extra cost.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JoannaT411

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you had memorable time with us and felt safe during your stay.
We hope to see you soon at our Hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I loved my stay here. It has large clean, safe and secure rooms. But what really made it a pleasure was the staff. Everyone was so nice and went out of their way to help me out. I needed to make some air changes but had difficulty getting the right contact because we happened to be in the middle of a hugh Hindu holiday. Anita and her sister run the guest services and were wonderful to me. They droped what they were busy doing and made me their first priority, seeing how I was stressed about the ticket situation. Their true caring attitude was such a positive experience for me. Everyone was truly respectiful and kind. The restaurant was good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a short ride to the airport about 10 minutes. It's also out of the way from the busy and noisy Thamel center and the crazyness surrounding that area. But it's close to other attractions like the Holy city and the large Buddist Temple across the way. A great hotel!
I Thank them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank steadicamdaddy
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience with us. We will definitely continue to work hard to proof our self worth every praise.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This lovely retreat in the Boudha section of Kathmandu is a paradise. The service is excellent, the rooms are well appointed, electricity is mostly reliable with only moments without. Breakfast is lovely and the restaurant offers a nice array of chinese, tibetan/nepali and continental foods. It is just a couple of blocks away from the famed Boudha Stupa, 15 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DIG324
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greeting from Hotel Tibet International. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to share your feedback and great review. We are very delighted to learn you had memorable time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Dechen.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great hotel. A place where you can actually relax in Kathmandu. You have to be a little selective in terms which room you select in order for it to be really quiet. Rooms are nice and clean.
Friendly and very helpful staff. They always helped us with advice and suggestions. Food was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stan Z
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Stan,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip advisor.
We are very happy to be informed that your stay was memorable with us.
We are looking forward to working harder to exceed guest satisfaction to our discerning guest.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Simple, clean rooms with AC and ample hot water. Staff very helpful. Quiet. Easy short walk to stupa and many eateries. 20minute drive to the airport or Thamel. Further to Monkey Temple. Hotel restaurant is good. Breakfast area has excellent views. Simple garden for sitting out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael S
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Michael,
Thank you very much. I hope it was a long lasting experience with us. It’s nice to know that you have a good memory with us.