“Convenient Location for the Airport & Stupa ~ GREAT Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Tibet International
Ranked #17 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Seattle, Washington
“Convenient Location for the Airport & Stupa ~ GREAT Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

So, we chose this hotel because it was less expensive than Darwika's. It turns out that it's very close to the airport and the big famous stupa. Breakfast is included on a beautiful rooftop restaurant. Great oasis from all the noise and dirt of Kathmandu.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EveryCountryBy50
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Sir,
thank you for your encouraging words.We will continuously work harder to provide memorable experience.
Looking forward to your next stay with us.
Dechen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for a couple of days to have a look round kathmandu. The hotel is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful they booked us flights on to our next destination very much hassel free. Great managment!
We ate in the restaurant and after seeing a review on tripadvisor I was very keen to try the momo's, they have to be the best I have ever eaten.
The staff on reception were very good at informing us of the best places to visit in our short time there, very helpful.
lovely breakfast on the sunterrace on top with fantastic views, and high enough to be above the kathmandu pollution.
we also tryed out the spa twice very good value for money.
we had booked through agoda and booked the boutique suite, we were expecting a room a little bigger than the one we got from looking at the photos on the net. I would have classed our room as more standard than suite, but it was comfortable and clean.
overall great stay.

Room Tip: boutique suite didn't really appear to be bigger than a standard room so save your money and jus...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lindsey s
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Lindsey,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and momo 's were up to your expectations.
we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The jr. Suite was more than ok and the staff very friendly and efficient. The place is clearly a 4+ star hotel. Accolades to the hotel chef who had excellent cuisine for both lunch and dinner choices. My only annoyance was that they had difficulty making change in their own currency (Nepal rupees), it took 20 minutes. My wife and I would however return.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank worldtavelor1
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thanking you for your stay with us.We sincerely regret for not being able to timely provide you the denomination change of your choice.We will be more prepared to organize in the shortest of time.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for couple of days with family while visiting Kathmandu and surrounding areas. The staff was very friendly and supportive. The in-room service is not of the level of a 5 star hotel but for the price they offer very good service.
The room was clean with all basic facilities. The genset always came up each time after power cut (which are common in Nepal). This hotel is specially good for Indian travellers who are visiting for Pashupati nath temple darshan.
Praveen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Praveen J
Dear Mr Praveen,

We are happy to be informed that you felt well looked after and noticed our staff's effort to provide the best facility.
we hope to have you at our hotel soon.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

On first day, the staff greeted me with smiles all the time, offered me a cup of lemon tea and some biscuits. However, I refused the biscuits as my hands were a bit dirty. Then they soon led me to my room. The decoration of the room was adorable and full of Tibetan elements. I worked as a volunteer in Thankot, Kathmandu before my stay in the hotel, and I was fully aware of some poor conditions in Nepal, but when I stayed there I felt home without any inconvenience in spite of few power cuts which they handled the problem very soon. It's understandable as it's not their fault.

On the second day, I left for the airport very early in the morning to reach my next destination, Lumbini. The staff prepare me my vegetarian breakfast with abundant food, like various bread, an apple, a banana, and a carton of fruit juice. I was very moved for they had prepared all early before my departure at 6:00 am and they still remembered my preference of vegetarian! All was only told once and they bore it in mind!

On the third day, I came back to stay in the same hotel. The process was nearly the same, but they offered me some wet tissue to clean my hands so that I could enjoy their tasty biscuits! Again they bear my requirement in mind.

The place where the breakfast buffet is served is on the 6th floor where there is a huge terrace and the scenery nearby can be seen downwards. The Boudhanath Stupa seems to be touched as you stretch your arm ( what I mean is that you can go there on foot just within five minutes. It's very close to the hotel.) The food are delicious and the service is good.

If you have any questions, you may turn to the staff in the lobby for help. They are glad to help solve your problems, like how much money at most it takes to go to Thamel by taxi. They will first negotiate with a taxi driver and tell you details.

On the day I left for the airport again to return home, the staff presented me a piece of hada and wished me good luck on my way home. Just an hour before I wrote down these remarks, a Thank-you email was received from the hotel's guest relation department.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank isabel_luv_Nepal
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time out to write a review. Its a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable Stay with us at HTI. We look forward to serving you in near future.
Best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I chose to stay in this hotel based upon the reviews posted, which have returned to be accurate.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay of five days, and found nothing to fault with the hotel, the food, the accommodation, the cleanliness, or the service. To a person, the staff were universally friendly, attentive, and helpful; they are the best asset of the facility.

The area in which the hotel is located is not far from the airport (15 minutes by car) in what might be described as "suburban" Kathmandu. By suburban, we mean that there is not quite so much traffic as in Thamel, nor the nightlife. This part of the city, Boudhanath, shuts down almost completely around 7pm, so if one wishes nightlife, they should plan on taking a taxi elsewhere.

Don't let that fool you, though, as the streets are bustling during the day with a riot of motorcycles, tuk-tuks, small trucks, and a variety of well-aged small cars. The streets are not for the faint-hearted, and unless one is well-innoculated, not for those wishing to wear open-toed footgear.

Nepal is an emerging nation and the sanitary infrastructure of Kathmandu reflects this. The hotel, however, has sanitary standards equivalent to any venue in the developed world... but that ends when you step outside.

We found the hotel a peaceful refuge and a knowledgable source of services when we wanted to do anything or go anywhere. They are well-equipped to arrange car service, guides, suggestions for places of interest, etc., and we suggest them as a good resource for first-time visitors to Nepal (as we were).

Located as it is in the heart of a Buddhist district, the hotel is within easy walking distance of a number of shrines and dozens of monasteries. As many people have noted, there are a host of small shops in the district which cater to the tourist trade, offering a variety of goods, services, and souvenirs.

The spa within the grounds of the hotel is also first-rate, and we highly recommend it after a long day of walking / shopping.

Finally, in terms of value for money, the trip and the hotel are almost impossible to beat.

We had a delightful time, and recommend the hotel and its staff without any reluctance.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side will be noisier than on the courtyard. Let them know in advance if you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jay j
Dear Guest,

thank you for writing such a wonderful review about us at tripadvisor.com. We are thrilled to read all your comments and feed back.your words have boosted us to work harder.We will keep thriving.
We hope to see you and your wife soon at THI .

Best regards
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon after another location we booked turned out to be a disaster. This place was beautiful, the staff was amazing and helpful (though they were understaffed) and made us feel welcome! A free welcome drink and massages were definitely a nice addition to our honeymoon, and the location cannot be beat if you're hoping to see Boudha! The food is good, though the restaurant is very stark. Still, for the money probably the best place in Kathmandu!

Room Tip: Ask for softer pillows before your first night's sleep. Their default is a brick, pretty much.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple