“Best 5 Star Hotel with Family feeling”

Hotel Tibet International
Ranked #18 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It is a new hotel that is superbly finished in traditional Tibet design. It is like walking into a work of art and very comfortable with very high quality service and very friendly family atmosphere. Could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: rooms have uniform high quality finish. The higher price rooms are just bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kingsley B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tibet International

Reviewed February 13, 2012

This seriously smart new hotel is right in the heart of the Tibetan quarter of Kathmandu. The rooms are wonderfully furnished and spacious. Views are nice, it's also well priced and has very friendly staff. Super close to the airport too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Miles R
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I often visit Boudha and have stayed at three different hotels there, Tibet International being the best of them.

It is conveniently located by the side of a large road, which makes it easy to find if you're visiting for the first time. It also makes it rather noisy during the day, but one gets used to the noise in Kathmandu, anyway, and the sound-proof windows help a little, too. A five-minute walk away from the hotel is the entrance gate to the Bouhanath Stupa area, which harbors many monasteries, shops and cafes. The atmosphere is very pleasant, especially in the evening when it is less crowded.

I was staying at the Junior Suite, which had a small sitting area with a couch and a large TV. The bedroom was not too big but spacious enough and well-appointed, with a good bed but slightly over-stuffed pillows. There are subtle Tibetan touches in the decor adding a bit of local character to the Western-standard layout.The room was well-lit, and even during load shedding hours the hotel experienced no shortage of power or hot water. The bathroom was very clean, with a bath and a good shower.

The check in/out were fast and efficient thanks to the friendly and helpful staff. I cannot say anything about the food at the nice-looking restaurant as I ate out.

One minor disappointment was that during my stay at the hotel Wi-fi wasn't working in the rooms. However, I was offered free use of a computer on the ground floor.

All in all, I would say that it is probably the best hotel choice in Boudha: new, clean, pleasantly decorated. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 6thSymphony
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed at Tibet International for 4 nights during our recent trip to Nepal and were pleasantly surprised with the great accomodation. The hotel is very new and it is located just minutes from Stupa which was very convenient for us. The hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with the heater in our room when we first arrived. The manager quickly responded and changed us into an upgraded room. During our stay, we felt very warm and welcomed, would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed only 2 nights but i can only rate this hotel as being excellent- friendly and very helpful staff, always electricity and hot water, not something that is common in boudha this time of the year, very good food in the restaurant and the rooms are nicely decorated and quiet.
i will come back.

alles perfekt, das beste preis leistungsverhaeltnis hier in boudhanath.

Room Tip: the higher up the better for the views and the rooms in the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I love this hotel! It's excellent from top to bottom. In short: the decor, the staff, the accommodations and overall service was absolutely lovely. It was the perfect place to retreat after a long day of exploring busy Khatmandu.

First, the hotel offers airport pickup, which was such a relief.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with hot towels and friendly staff. The lobby is beautiful and very fragrant. Check-in was simple and after over 30 hours of traveling from Los Angeles, I was happy to hear that the hotel had a spa, bar and restaurant on site. I utilized everything they had to offer here.

I'll start with the room first: Wow! The room rates are very reasonable, and really a bargain when I think about what the same price would get me at home. The suite I stayed in is situated along a beautiful deck, which overlooks the city and has a perfect view of the Boudhanath stupa. It's really a lovely site in the mornings and as the sun begins to set.

When most of the city is without power, Hotel Tibet continues operating as usual, which means I had lights, television, heat and power outlets whenever I was in the room. It was really nice, and you don't really think about how important these things are until you've stayed somewhere else and have to deal without these things during the power outage times (something I realized when traveling outside Khatmandu.)

I have absolutely no complaints about the room. The linens, furniture, decor; it was all great. There was plenty of hot water (I know these things are minor, but really important when traveling here during colder seasons.)

The restaurant has a nice selection of food ranging from Tibetan to Chinese to breakfast (included in your stay). Room service is very quick if you decide to order in.

The bar is also very pretty and next to another terrace. They offer a great selection of wines and liquors. They also offered me food service while I was there, so I didn't have to leave the bar to eat :)

The spa is great. Excellent rates for the services they offer. I would just recommend asking that they turn on the heater before your spa treatment if you come during the cold season. It can get cold.

There was plenty of staff here to help with everything I needed. I loved how everyone was so willing to help.

There are certainly hotels with lower rates in Kathmandu, but in my opinion, it's worth it to spend a little bit extra and to feel pampered. Kathmandu can get a little rough, and it was nice to be able to go back to the room and get a good nights rest and get a nice start to each day.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie H
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay at the recently opened Hotel Tibet near the Boudhanath stupa in Kathmandu. Pricing was very reasonable and the rooms were well appointed. Just a short walk from the stupa which I was able to visit nightly. Very easy to grab a taxi just outside the hotel, the staff was also very helpful in arranging a car if needed. What made my stay most enjoyable was the staff. They were were friendly, personable and willing to help me with what ever I needed taken care of. They spa was also fantastic and I could usually just walk right in for a massage. I would highly recommend this the Hotel Tibet!

Room Tip: The third floor and above have a good view. I stayed on the side away from the street to be away fro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends