“HOTEL FESTOON THE BEST HOTEL IN KATHMANDU!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Festoon Hotel

Festoon Hotel
Ranked #45 of 432 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Cairns, Australia
“HOTEL FESTOON THE BEST HOTEL IN KATHMANDU!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month whilst in Kathmandu.Its in a great location,right in the centre but down a quiet street so you can have a good nights sleep with no traffic beeps,horns or late night party goers making a racket!
I was sick for maybe a week when I was here and Babu the hotel manager and the receptionist Ramesh did not hesitate to help!From bringing me teas,food,blankets,water and coffee to hot water bottles nothing was too much.They checked on me to see if I was ok.
I was travelling alone and it was so nice knowing if I needed help they were there.
Babu and all the staff are so friendly,helpful and always have a bright smile on their face.The room was clean,free wifi,hot showers and tasty food from the ridiculously cheap restaurant next door.
I come to nepal every year to volunteer at a disabled centre so if any of you out there want to get involved and volunteer for free message me!
I will be staying at hotel festoon for my next trip and recommending it to EVERYONE I meet!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank paula2781
Namaste paula

Thank you for recommending . I’m happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us from the service provided by our staff. Thank you paula We hope to see you back soon.

Best regards,
Babu Thapa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Thai first
Scandiano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have just spent one week at Festoon Hotel. It was my 1st time at this charming hotel. Festoon is a Budget hotel but have good facilities. Service is excellent, any issues remedied quickly. I lost my hot water and within an hour of notifying management, an element was replaced and everything fixed.

All in all, I can recommend Festoon Hotel as a wonderful place to stay if you want a delightful Budget hotel with a truly Balinese feel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Maso73
Hello Namaste From Festoon Hotel
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. We’re happy that you enjoyed many things about our hotel. thank you so much and see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at festoon hotel for three days and it was our very very best experienc! The room was hotel qulity,the staffs are friendly and helpfull. They are slso very helpful for recommending sights to see and even they suggest to go at dream graden park which was pne of our highlights of our trip. We would like to go back.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Jooyu
Namaste From Festoon Hotel

I’m glad to hear you loved and enjoyed the rooms and our other facilities at Festoon Hotel. I’ll be sure to share with the staff how much you appreciated their effort. thank you so much and see you soon.
Best regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great location in Thamel, just off one of the main drags so its a little quieter. But more importantly, the service was great. Babu, is the manager, and he's super helpful, friendly, and trustworthy. He helped me with finding some rental gear at affordable prices for my trek and I also stored some baggage at Festoon (no charge). Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank RayArmadillo
Namaste!
I am so pleased to read that you loved staying in Festoon Hotel and enjoyed all its facilities and services. Its great to know that you noticed and appreciated the little help from me (Babu Thapa) its really touches as well. i look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel was really nice ,the rooms were nice and clean with proper ventilation nd a great balcony view over the street and valley. The room we had were twin room with arranged bed with Tv and en-suite.The rerturant of hotel was great..Breakfast war hot ones, egg, bacon,sausages and all the usuals with range of cereals bread fruits and juices..we were really pleased with the service provided there... Would definitely stay there again if i visit Nepal.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Osakajapa
Hello

I’m glad to read that you liked Festoon Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Tripadvisor,
We do hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you in Festoon Hotel soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here only for 2 nights, but it was amazing; the roof top garden is beautiful, the view is impressive, the area is quite, intimate, the staff very helpful even the owner of festoon hotel BABU THAPA is really very help full, his behaves looks like he is a worker not owner and the manager is acting like your best friend, trying to help you as much as he can! It was a very good stay and for sure i will recommend this place! Great thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Reesti
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear madam
Thank you for wonderful review with 100% mark. It was our great pleasures to serv you. Your comment and review is much helps us for improve more.

Thanks and best regards
babu thapa
Vientiane, Laos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Centrally located, on the quiet section of Z Street. I was picked up free at the airport, with a clear sign. The room was clean and comfortable, and everything is kept in good working order. Very hot water; toilet and electric lights/sockets worked well. However, my 1000 NRS single room had no tv. Otherwise no complaints whatever for a small inexpensive hotel in the heart of Thamel, which is generally not the case with many other similarly priced places. The owner, Babu Thapa, was very friendly and helpful, arranging a porter for our trek.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank John F
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear sir
Thank you for your nice feedback ^__^ We are really happy to know that you had a good time with us. probably see you soon .

Thanks and best regards