“Wonderful guest service”
Review of Hotel Buddha Land

Hotel Buddha Land
Ranked #33 of 452 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Felt really welcomed at this place, the host was nice and kind and generous. He helped arranged our itinerary in Kathmandu, including the Nagarkot overnight trip which is highly recommended!

Plus they offer free pickup from airport and a temple tour, if you stay more than one night.

It's not located exactly near to the main street and the alleyway to hotel is unlit at night so you might want to consider heading back when it's still light.

1  Thank wallflower69
There are newer reviews for Hotel Buddha Land

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is my first trip to Nepal and is very happy that I found this place. No regrets. Room is clean, breakfast is fantastic, staff is very friendly and helpful, hotel owner, Bhanu, is very happy to help you plan the rest of your itinerary. Location is good, just walking distance to the shops. I would highly recommend to anyone new to Nepal. I have all my itinerary taken care of here.. If you want a very good English speaking guide, ask for Jaya. Kamal is also a fantastic mountain guide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a small private living area attached to the room. It's a bit weird as it fac...
2  Thank Josephine F
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I spent several days in this hotel and at all times the staff were very helpful and very honest. They have offered us free airport drop off, on top of the included pick-up. Every drink we have ordered be it coffee, tea, coke, they have insisted to be free

5  Thank Lazar M
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped at the Buddha Land Hotel at the seccond time. And the seccond time it was really great. Like beeng at home. The stuff is so friendly and helping. Hot shower, good wi fi, really good location, very tasty breakfasts and of course very kind and helping hotel owner Bhanu Dhakal =)
See you soon!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GanBao
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have great time in Budah land roof top. Very nice people work there. Location of hotel is very good, you are situated in Thamel beckpecker district, but ten minutes walk and you are in the middle of everyday activities of people who live in Nepal capital.

4  Thank MomciloA
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'll be short...
I was in monkey temple and monkey bite me...after i went to the hospital...thanks to the manager of this hotel, in whose hotel i stayed, i ended in the best hospital in all Nepal...he was with me all the time and helped me with everything...and paperwork of course...
I have to say, 1st i went to some local hospital which looked terrible, and who knows what they wanted to give me...i know only that my parents who are doctors, said that going to this 2nd hospital was a very good decision...
so by taking me to this other hospital he surely saved my life...
of course, he was very helpful with all other trips I wanted to do...
same thing stands for the hotel staff!!!
and hotel is very good...

3  Thank borneoo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The first good thing, among others, about this hotel is a free pick up from the airport. This really saved us the hastle of hangling with the cab drivers outside the airport. The staff sent to pick us up waited dilligently for our arrival (our flight was delayed and we arrived later than the arrival time that the hotel had been informed of, so we were worried if the staff would still be waiting for us). Much to our delight, upon stepping out of the airport, we saw a guy holding a cardboard bearing my hubby's name. He (sorry I can't remember his name!) then ushered us to the van and we had good chats along the ride from the airport to the hotel.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were served welcome drinks, which was great and the managing director, Bhanu, was there to welcome us.
Our rooms (we booked 2 rooms) were clean and comfy and best of all, 24-hr hot shower was available.
The location is good too, eateries and shops are all within 10-minute walking distance.
Last but not least, what truly impressed us during our stay was the impeccable service rendered by the staff. They even rose early to prepare breakfast for us (breakfast was to be served at 7, but we had to leave the hotel at 6.30 to catch the bus to Pokhara).
On the whole, a good choice of accomodation in Thamel.

6  Thank cecilia98