“Friendly and helpful”
Review of Hotel Buddha Land

Hotel Buddha Land
Ranked #29 of 470 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in October. First of all I liked the variety of services they were able to arrange and provide. I think most of the people would appreciate free pick up from the airport in hectic Kathmandu. The hotel staff was very friendly all the time and I was really surprised that they could help us with arranging many things f.e. money exchange for best rates in Kathmandu, laundry service, luggage storage,cheaper taxis and orientation in Kathmandu. The owner or manager of the hotel is a nice person as well, always offering a cup of tea or coffee. As we stayed there longer than 3 nights, he arranged for us free drop to and from Monkey Temple, which was very nice. We stayed in a double room en-suite, the room was decent, clean and most of the time quiet due to good location of the hotel in busy Thamel area. I must say I had a great time at Hotel Buddha Land and I would recommend this place to all travelers and people who wants to enjoy Nepal and Kathmandu.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank loli1504

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a pleasant stay. I wasn't to fond of the owner/manager haggling me when I first got there about trying to book one of their excursions. This is after I informed him twice that I just finished a two week tour, and had no interest in more tours/excursions at the moment, that I just wanted to relax. Their electricity is a little dodgy, since I didn't have any besides emergency lights the first night and morning, but they gave me a discount for this. I appreciated their understanding. I really like the free breakfast, and it is a true full one with eggs, toast, butter/jam, coffee/tea, hashbrowns, fruit. I would use them again most likely, just don't appreciate every time I came and went I felt like I had to dodge the manager in fear of being stopped and talked to for 10 min about excursions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Renita_american
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 1 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Because When I got "dog bite", staff took me to the hospital.
Though I was very worried at foreign country, they are very kindness in helping me.
I have no words to express my gratitude.
Hotel buddha land is very warmly.
I will visit here next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Rhododendron640
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I arrived at this hotel at mid-night and woke up at 6am in the morning to catch our flight to Lukla for EBC trek. Unlike most other guest houses in KTM, Buddha Land located in a quite small lane on the verge of Thamel. I consider this as an advantage, as it stays away from the noise and dust of KTM/Thamel and it's still no more than 3 minutes walk to the business streets in Thamel. The staff are friendly and helpful, including the people they sent to the airport to pick me up. The common area of the hotel is ok and clean. But I am not impressed by the room itself. The bed is very small as you can see in my photo and cleaniess of the sheet and quilt is not very good. I almost wanted to use my sleeping bag. There's no desk or anything to put my stuff. Lastly and probably the worst, the shower was not hot at all (at least at mid-night when I took the shower). I almost took a cold shower...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lvwei1123
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hotel Buddha Land is simply a great place for backpackers, students, adventurers etc looking for a safe and hospitable place to stay while in Crazy Kathmandu :-)... The staff are young and ready to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They go out of their way to offer you more than just what you expect from a low price hotel. From guidance for an exciting trip in Nepal to help with travel arrangements to where ever your next destination may be...
If the little things matter, then I strongly recommend Hotel Buddha Land as an affordable, comfortable and cozy accommodation while in Kathmandu...

Cheers...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Lindy C
Reviewed October 17, 2012

As I booked the room in Hotel buddhaland through the tripadvisor I was not sure that I could get the same facilities they mentioned it.But while I reached the TIA (Tribhuwan International Airport) I got warm welcome by the staffs and free service of van to the hotel.When I reached the hotel it was just fantastic with great look in peace place and neat and clean.It is in Thamel heart of kathmandufrom where shops,restaurants are very near.I got free wifi without connection problem, hot water for shower,friendly staffs,wonderful breakfast etc.I was really gratefull with the Hotel Buddhaland for providing me such service.It is my home in Kathmandu.I recommend to the travellers to choose this hotel for best stay in Kathmandu.They managed me tour and hiking service in very affordable price to Chisapani-Nagarkot since I didn't have enough time to do trekking.I really thank the staffs of Hotel Buddhaland for their great effort to provide customer service.And definately I will be there again on next year.

Room Tip: room no 403 is the best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Yamada S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

One of the highlights of Hotel Buddhaland, and the feature that made us book a room in Buddhaland, is how the price already includes several additional services. While not everything offered on the website was accurate in reality, it was really comfortable to have all-around internet access and pick-up and drop-off at the airport, specially if you are arriving in Kathmandu from a long flight.
The location is also excelent: Buddhaland is in Jyatha, a small street by the down end of Thamel, which is a lot quieter than most other streets, and still very close to everywhere you may need to go in Kathmandu. Most times, we would just walk to wherever we needed to go, and there are shops and restaurants near.
The room we stayed in was clean and the hot water worked fine. The one time it didn't, because there were many guests in the hotel and the hot water was over-used, the staff quickly solved the situation for us.
The staff is composed of a lot of young people, always cheerful and willing to help you. Also, they give you better rates depending on the length of your stay, so if you are planning to stay for a long time in Kathmandu, be sure to check with Buddhaland if you can work something out. At Buddhaland you can also book some activities, either in Kathmandu or other places like Chitwan and Pokhara, so if you don't worry about spending money and don't want to bother making plans yourself, Buddhaland can be an alternative to the many touristic agents in Kathmandu.

Overall, we enjoyed it and recommend it.

Room Tip: As you go up the stair, the rooms get better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends