“The best hotel in town!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Discovery Inn

Hotel Discovery Inn
Ranked #115 of 194 Hotels in Kathmandu
Sydney, Australia
“The best hotel in town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Home far away from home.the best price for those guest who are staying for a while.peace and quit and it's middle of the heart of Kathmandu.room is clean and service is excellent!!it was wonderful stay.thank you so much for your hear felt service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank balkrishna b
ceje294212, Manager at Hotel Discovery Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thanks very much so effective and valuable your reviews on Trip advisior. Your satisfactions is our motto. Because of your reviews we feel new energy for progressing , improving service. we again like to see you in our hotel discovery inn. Have your nice days and journey.

Pradip Sapotta
Hotel discovery inn,
Thamel,Kathmandu Nepal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hollingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

: In my two weeks trip in Nepal I stayed Hotel Discovery in 3 nights. After trekking of Annpaurna , just I pass one night there. In conclusion or average my opinion, it is best hostel in the heart of the city Nepal. They provide me the local tour ideas and car rental for the city tours kathmandu. Rooms are very clean, environment of the hotel is quite. Very convenient location. Near the hotel there are other neighboring 4-5 hotel. I feel comfort to go outing the thamel city for food and shopping. 15 minute far from the hotel there are Garden of dreams and other popular recommended restaurant. At the time of the departure, I got car drop to the airport. In the average , budget hotel categorize , this hotel is best in my experience and opinion.
Thanks

Room Tip: fronteside of tha room very better
2 Thank gordon36582
Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I did not pre booking in this Hotel, just I find this name from trip advisor. Then I look around the thamel, asking in the street. One man shows me the direction. I find the room in $8 per night. I stayed this hotel 5 days. Hotel staff respect me as a guest and offering a welcome drink Milk tea. Mr Krishna who is hotel owners as well as other staff used to ask me “Sister”. They also teach me , this meaning in Nepali “Bahini”. Also they expose and inform the annual sister festival Tihar. They invited me to see and feel Tihar festiaval in coming September. Actually I did not know when I come , but I feel there are brother home. Hotel staff very kind and provided me the hot water and updating information. I like to give thanks also Mr. Raj who had been already in many trekking and give me the ideas of the Annapurna poon hill trekking. Even iam single , I got great confidence from him. I booked rafting and paragliding very cheapest prices from the hotel travel desk. I finally go India from sunali after visiting Lumbin , the birth places of Buddha. Really I like to give high recommendation staying that hotel and again come back there .
Marrie Stewart

Room Tip: rooom 403 is very nice which is front site of the hotel
1 Thank Marieestewart2
ceje294212, Manager at Hotel Discovery Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Mariee,
Thanks so much for your so great inspiring reviews about us. Really , it give high enthusiasms for all hotel staff and management team. of course , we like to give more and more service for our Guest and feel like a family. we feel we success in some extent to give some good service. our Motto is-' Come as a Guest, Go as a friend and family". Thanks and welcome again and again!!
Pradip Sapkota
Hotel Discovery inn
Dharamasala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is located in a quiet but central place in the heart of Thamel. It has an undistrubed view over a pleasant garden.

The hotel provides comfortable clean rooms with all facilities at a very reasonable price. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable on all issues and extremely cheerful, hospitable and friendly! They can organize pick-up services, trekking and other excursions. Advance booking is also easily done.

There is a very welcoming atmosphere and if one could enjoy breakfast in the garden it would be perfect! I would have no hesitation in either recommending it to others or coming back again myself!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank achouxton
Belgium, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

In my trip in Nepal, i have multiple chances to choice the budget hotel in Thamel and all parts of Nepal such as chitwan, pokhara, Lumbini, Bhaktapur, Dhulikhel. I find all the places is good. In thamel, i feel more crowded in my staying but i luckly found quiet location hotel Discovery inn. I did my yoga and mediation even in room . some hotel staff talking about the trekking, tours and interesting places. Iam bit wonderful spiritual country but talking about the travel only. Also people of the hotel have a traditional religion but not practice. I heard the interesting stories about the culture and marriage ceremony. Really, i went there as a guest like a other customer, but i feel homely environment. I enjoy the garden with chatting my laptop where is access good internet. specially after shower , i preferred sun bath. if you like to budget accommodation i like to recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose room 404 if you are single or couple which is front side and early sunrise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anis H
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Best location n best place Senter of thamel very good environment very good n smiling helping people felling like a home..small Best and chip hotel in thames.
# they have very good environment.
#they have very good and clean room.
#they have very good service.
# they have free wi-fi service

• Stayed December 2013
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

: I booked three night at hotel discovery inn, I got free pick up from the Nepal airport to this hotel. I really enjoy saying my total 5 days there. Hotel seems big from the street , attracting from the little bit distance. I got room N. 303 in third floor, where I enjoy early sunrise inside my room and outlook views of garden and street. I feel, quite, easy , comfort there and excellent sunbath in the room. I got tea , breakfast if I order in the room. Really nice kitchen and staff. I buy from them rafting, bungy jumping, chitwan and pokhara tour. More than that chitwan safari I like more. Elephant safari and direct face of the one horned rhino. Thanks for good direction and valued information of my Nepal trip itinerary.

2 Thank Walker N